Table of Contents Hide
There’s been a lot of fuss lately on the legitimacy of the Global Green grant fund. Tons of individuals usually want to find out what they are getting into. But here’s the thing about funding opportunities, most times legitimacy isn’t irrelevant in cases like this because it has nothing to do with investments. All it entails are submitting plans and proposals.
However, if you still worry about legitimacy, the facts laid out in this post will help you decide.
So, let’s start with the basics…
Read Also: Savannah Funds for Tech Startups in Africa
What is Global Green Grant Fund?
Global Green Grant Fund is a foundation that supports grassroots environmental causes across the globe. Since its inception in the year 1993, the fund has recorded disbursing over 13,000 grants in 168 countries. It has also generated a revenue of $92 million.
Furthermore, this grant supports communities outside the US and Western Europe working on issues of environmental justice, sustainability, and human rights. The primary goal of this fund is to create a future where people live in harmony with an opportunity to restore and transform their environment.
Read Also: Cardone Capital; Investment Opportunity
How does Global Green Grant Work?
Global green grant runs with the help of gifts from individuals, businesses, and foundations across the globe.
It’s managed by advisory boards, comprising of social and environmental movement experts from regions where the grants are cover. They virtually determine grantmaking priorities. In turn, these Advisory boards are managed by a coordinator who also comes from the local movements.
Furthermore, each advisory board, sets her grantmaking priorities, strategies, and criteria based on their assessment of local needs and opportunities. Although they usually have to meet in-person yearly. This is to review strategy and adapt their approach to changing needs.
However, grantmaking guidelines are set by staff and board of directors with input from advisors. These guidelines include maximum grants size, principles of grassroots grantmaking, and conflict of interest policies.
The range in the amount for this grant is between $500 to $15,000.
Read Also: Get Funding With GroFin
The Global green grant fund application process varies depending on the advisory board in question but generally involves the following:
- Advisors identify promising projects through their networks and invite them to present proposals.
- These proposals move to the board for a grantmaking round.
- Advisors on the board review and rate proposals. Then conduct interviews via mails, teleconferencing, or face-to-face.
- The advisory board unanimously conclude which proposal to fund and for how much.
- The Administrative staff meets to review additional due diligence materials from grantees.
- Administrative staff finally authorize grant payment then notify grantees and advisors.
- Advisors remain available to grantees for mentoring, questions, and other global green grant-related assistance.
Read Also: All You Need To Know About World Bank Grants
- Applicants’ proposals must fall under the six focus areas for the Global Green Grant Fund. These areas include climate justice, local livelihoods, healthy ecosystems and communities, women’s environmental action, right to land, water and resources, and right to defend the environment.
- All grant proposals must be invited by an advisor, who will present it to the advisory board for screening.
How to Apply for Global Green Grant Fund.
- Prepare a detailed proposal under any of the focus areas.
- Submit your proposal to any Global Green grant advisor in your region.
- Stay glued to your email for updates.
I hope this post was able to satisfy your curiosity. If not you can reach out to us on the comment box.