Table of Contents Hide
- What is the Walmart Affiliate Program About?
- Requirements for the Walmart Affiliate Program
- How Long Does It Take to Be Accepted into the Walmart Affiliate Program?
- What Is The Payout For The Walmart Affiliate Program?
- What Kinds of Products Can You Promote?
- The Walmart Affiliate Program Commission Structure
- Walmart Affiliate Program Reviews
- How Much Do Walmart Affiliates Make?
- What is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program?
- How Do I Become An Affiliate Marketer For Walmart?
- What Is The Best Selling Affiliate Products?
- What Is The Hardest Part Of Affiliate Marketing?
- How Do I Get Approved For Affiliate Programs?
- Can I become a Walmart affiliate?
- How do I become an affiliate with no money?
- Can beginners do affiliate marketing?
- How many followers do you need to become an affiliate?
- In Conclusion,
- Can I join multiple affiliate programs?
- How to start affiliate marketing with no money?
- How fast can you make money through affiliate marketing?
Among the various programs that Walmart offers its members is the affiliate program. This affiliate program offers members the opportunity to market Walmart’s products for a commission. We’ll see the reviews on how the Walmart affiliate program works, the requirements for joining one, and the commission rates. Read on.
What is the Walmart Affiliate Program About?
This is a program in which you must add text links and banner ads to any of your websites in order to refer customers to Walmart.
You will receive your commission each time someone clicks on your shared text links or banner ads, visits the store, and makes a purchase.
The commission is guaranteed, and you will receive it for each and every purchase made by a customer. The more people who buy through your shared links, the more money you will make. When you join the Walmart affiliate network, you will gain access to the function of previewing and adding product links and banners to your site so that you can make money from it.
Requirements for the Walmart Affiliate Program
Here are the requirements for joining the Walmart affiliate program:
- You must have a functioning website.
- The website must be acceptable (family-friendly) and must not contain any illegal or pornographic content.
- The majority of your visitors should come from North America.
Joining Instructions in Steps
- Go to the website and click the “Become a member” button.
- Complete the application thoroughly. You must provide information about yourself and your business.
- Enter your promotional techniques next. Choose how you will promote your products and which countries you will promote in.
- Fill in the blanks with your media properties, such as the property type, name, URL, and description of your website or business.
- Read the agreement, then check the box and click “Submit application.”
If you are accepted, you will be notified through email (within 24 hours).
You will now have access to affiliate marketing banners, links, and tools.
Place the banner advertising on your website and include links to them in your blog entries, social media postings, YouTube descriptions, and emails.
Wait for folks to click on your links and you’ll be paid!
How Long Does It Take to Be Accepted into the Walmart Affiliate Program?
After you submit your application, the Walmart team will typically respond within 24 hours.
Walmart accepts and rejects applications at their discretion, and applicants are sometimes denied for no apparent reason.
While most people will have a short approval procedure and can start earning money right away, some may have auto rejections and no explanations.
Walmart also adds that it reserves the right to delete any sites for any reason at any time.
What Is The Payout For The Walmart Affiliate Program?
You can earn as much as you desire, but the amount is determined by how many people buy from Walmart as a result of your efforts.
There are different commission rates for various types of products, and you will receive a varied amount of money for each.
Assume you share a banner ad for a lovely outdoor fire barbecue with a price tag of $98. You will be compensated if any of your friends click on that banner ad, visit the Walmart website, and purchase it. Your account will be credited $4 for this product at the price of $98.
You can earn a 4% commission on various clothing products. You will receive a 10% commission on contact lenses.
In addition, you will receive a 4% commission on presents, registries, health care products, home, and jewelry items.
Only 1% commission is charged for electronics and movies.
Although the compensation rate for the Walmart affiliate program is quite modest, you can earn more by recommending more consumers that make purchases. You can also read about more simple ways to make $20 online (and for free).
What Kinds of Products Can You Promote?
In terms of product selection, they blow Target out of the water, but they also don’t forbid you from earning a commission on some types of products.
Walmart and Amazon are frequently compared, and the distinctions between the two have begun to blur.
Both are fighting for the soul of the American retail business, with Amazon attempting to establish itself in the physical retail market while Walmart tries to catch up to Amazon’s burgeoning online empire.
The Walmart Affiliate Program Commission Structure
Here is a breakdown of the Walmart affiliate program commission rates for their various products:
#1. Departmental Commission Rates
Books, electronics, movies, music, photography, and video games account for 1% of total spending.
Baby, beauty, apparel, gifts & registry, health, home, jewelry, patio & garden, sports, and outdoors account for 4% of total sales.
Contact lenses – 10%
Personal and business checks -18%
#2. Monthly Orders Commission
You are paid once a month from your previous month’s net sales minus refunds, sales tax, shipping, and handling.
If you made sales, you will receive your first compensation roughly one month after signing up, and Impact Radius Affiliate Network will pay it to you via PayPal or direct deposit.
#3. Category Commission
You receive a percentage of each sale made through one of your links, and the amount changes depending on the commission rate per category.
Walmart products have an average commission charge of 4%.
For example, if someone purchases a $50 product with a 4% commission, you will receive $2 in commission.
Points To Note:
The first point to make is that Walmart is a massive corporation that makes a lot of money.
But only on razor-thin margins; those dirt-cheap products on their shelves still have manufacture, shipping, storage, and advertising costs.
Then there are the thousands of stores to manage.
To summarize, their overheads are enormous, which is reflected in their affiliate commission rates.
Except for “Contact lenses” and “Business & Personal checks,” you can earn a commission of 1% – 4% on everything.
Contact lenses sound intriguing, but they’re also a highly competitive sub-niche, and personal checks sound a touch too “Payday loan-y” for our tastes.
As a result, you must exercise extreme caution while promoting products using affiliate links.
You are free to submit text links to anything you want…as long as you are willing to earn a 1% commission rate.
The perk for anyone marketing the Walmart affiliate program is that you will receive at least some commission across all of their popular categories.
Products That Do Not Include Commissions
There are several products and services for which a Walmart affiliate will not receive money even if you suggest new customers:
- The Sam’s Club
- Walmart Internet Access
- Gift Certificates
- Services in finance
Walmart offers a 3-day cookie that is better than Amazon but worse than Target, so there are some ups and downs here as well.
When one of your visitors clicks on this button, they are taken directly to the Walmart checkout page.
By putting the item in their cart and then asking them to pay for it, you’re assisting them in bypassing the objection process.
It’s not a bad idea, and it could help boost conversion rates.
Finally, your Walmart affiliate payments are net 60, which means that anything you sell today will not be in your bank account for two months.
As a result, you must consider whether you need to make money before next week.
Walmart Affiliate Program Reviews
A plugin for anyone promoting the Walmart affiliate program is a fantastic idea, but they discontinued it four years ago, so it’s about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Third-party Chrome extensions are also available, but they have piss-poor ratings and appear to be equally useless.
Walmart also appears to reject a large number of applications, even when the same individual has been approved by several of its competitors:
Even affiliates who are accepted into the Walmart affiliate program are dissatisfied with the organization’s structure or commission rates:
As you can see, Walmart could perform a lot better if they treated their affiliate program and their affiliates more seriously.
More banner ads/creatives, as well as assisting affiliates in increasing impressions, click-throughs, and commissions.
This suggests that Amazon has mastered the online conversion process, but Walmart does not – there appears to be a large gap in click-throughs and commissions.
The flip side of this coin is that it is difficult to keep everyone pleased all of the time.
Having seen the reviews on the Walmart affiliate program, here’s a breakdown of the pros and cons:
- Massive brand recognition – at this moment, Walmart is practically everywhere.
- You can promote any of Walmart’s 4+ million products.
- They provide professionally developed creatives, such as banner advertising, for you to post to your site.
- Their affiliate SDK tool is an added bonus.
- You can subscribe to the affiliate email to stay up to date on new items and promotions.
- Top-selling and exclusive product data feeds
- In comparison to similar programs, the commission rates for the Walmart affiliate program are relatively low.
- You’ll need to locate and market things that aren’t easily available at your local Walmart.
- Outdated or inactive affiliate tools.
- Walmart’s conversion rates appear to be far lower than those of several of its competitors.
- Their affiliate program currently appears to be an afterthought rather than an essential component of their web operation.
How Much Do Walmart Affiliates Make?
Affiliate members can earn up to 4% on each eligible sale, plus Walmart runs sweepstakes and other activities throughout the year for additional revenue opportunities. The commission rates for the Walmart affiliate program varies monthly based on net sales, which excludes returns, sales tax, and shipping and handling.
What is The Highest Paying Affiliate Program?
The highest paying affiliate programs include Mangools, Semrush, Spyfu, Affilorama, etc.
How Do I Become An Affiliate Marketer For Walmart?
- Make an Account
- Choose Your Products and Tools
- Increase the visibility of your Walmart affiliate links.
- Get Paid Every Month
What Is The Best Selling Affiliate Products?
The best-selling affiliate products include Drones, 3D printers, phone accessories, wireless chargers, home automation, security and surveillance systems, car vacuum cleaners, gym equipment, shapewear, security apparel, jewelry, etc.
What Is The Hardest Part Of Affiliate Marketing?
One of the hardest parts of affiliate marketing is finding the right partners to help promote your product.
How Do I Get Approved For Affiliate Programs?
Here are some of the things that can get you approved for affiliate programs:
- Your email address
- High-quality content
- High-quality design
- Your availability
- Your strategy
Can I become a Walmart affiliate?
The Walmart.com Affiliate Program has a zero-dollar sign-up fee. As soon as you receive approval, you can get to work. What do affiliate members get access to? Each week, you’ll get a newsletter packed with banner ads, affiliate links, and information about fantastic products you can promote on your site.
How do I become an affiliate with no money?
If you want to get into affiliate marketing but don’t have any initial funds, your only option is to get an affiliate link and start sending it to people you know. Although doable, unless you are constantly networking, this strategy will not allow you to scale and will not generate a substantial income.
Can beginners do affiliate marketing?
Yes. Participating in their affiliate programme is as easy as getting your link and adding it to your site. It’s great for new businesses because it doesn’t require a large initial investment in physical or digital products.
How many followers do you need to become an affiliate?
For a start, you need at least 50 followers. If you are joining the affiliate marketing program, you need to reach 50 followers, stream for 8 hours, and stream on 7 different days.
By becoming a member of the Walmart affiliate program, all you have to do is share their product links or banner ads, and the money you make will be a bonus. It will be a bonus to simply share their product links, which will only take a few seconds of your time. However, not all affiliate programs are the same. What are the most popular programs on the market today? Here you may get information on the greatest affiliate networks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I join multiple affiliate programs?
Yes, you can join multiple affiliate programs. It only means getting more money.
How to start affiliate marketing with no money?
- Find your niche.
- Select an affiliate program.
- Choose a traffic source.
- Create material to increase trust.
- Increase your audience.
- Respond to and interact with your audience.
How fast can you make money through affiliate marketing?
Expect to earn your first $1,000 during the first 12 to 18 months on average.
- Jumia Affiliate Program: How to Start Guide (Updated!)
- Can I Write a Check to Myself? Simple Steps to Do This Effortlessly!!!
- Jumia Treasure Hunt: Best 2022 Guide (+ Free Clues)
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners (20+ Companies to start with) +free courses