Table of Contents Hide
- 2021 HEALTHY COMMUNITIES GRANT PROGRAM
- BEST Robotics Grant: Hub’s Teacher Professional Development (HTPD) 2021
- Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP)
- Centers for Independent Living Training and Technical Assistance Grant
- Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase II
- #6. National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF)
If you were trying to search for federal government grants 2021, this post has got you covered (NYIF 2020 included). Although I’ll need to go through a quick experience quickly.
An old client came over seeking advice concerning the kind of grant suitable for her organization. I quickly recommended government grants -specifically federal government grants. But before I could fully get those words out, she was already skimming through Google results for federal government grants 2021.
However, the underside of this experience was that she found what she was looking for, but it took forever. This was because she was good with computers though.
So, what happens to people who do not know their way around computers or search results?
Well, that’s why you’ve got this post. Listed below are five ongoing federal government grants in 2020. But you will need to check back occasionally for updates and new funding opportunities.
2021 HEALTHY COMMUNITIES GRANT PROGRAM
The Healthy Communities Grant Program is an initiative backed by the Environmental Protection Agency. It is a competitive grant that supports the EPA’s plan. This plan includes protecting and improving human health, reducing environmental risks, and improving the quality of human life.
Furthermore, this grant achieves its objectives by funding projects that:
- Understand, access, and reduce human and environmental health risks.
- Enhance collaborations through community-based projects and partnerships.
- Focus on resources to benefit communities at risk, and so on.
In addition, EPA disburses a total estimated sum of $350,000 annually.
Read Also: List Of Top Agriculture Grants in 2021
Closing date for grant applications is June 5, 2021
How to Apply
BEST Robotics Grant: Hub’s Teacher Professional Development (HTPD) 2021
The Best (Boosting Engineering, Science and Technology) Robotics Grant is a funding opportunity endorsed by the Missile Defense Agency. This government grant provides financial support for professional development to teachers within the first three years on the BEST Robotics teaching team.
So, this implies that eligibility for this grant is based on your ability to teach in this field.
Furthermore, this program also involves general STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) training.
This is another federal government grant in 2021 you do not want to miss.
Closing date for grant applications is May 31, 2021
How to Apply
Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program (MSP)
One of the Federal Government grants in 2021 you also so need to take a closer look at is the Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program. The program is managed by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Furthermore, the MSP is a competitive undergraduate grant which aims at increasing multicultural diversity, especially in the agricultural and food scientific workforce.
However, award money for thus grant ranges from US$20,000 -for award floor- to US$200,000 -for award ceiling.
Note that the award ceiling is the maximum amount for the application budget while the award floor is the least amount.
Eligible Organizations include land-grant institutions, Colleges, and universities.
How to Apply
The current closing date for grant applications is June 29, 2021.
Read Also: Federal Government Business Grants
Centers for Independent Living Training and Technical Assistance Grant
The Centre for Independent Living is an initiative under the Administration for Community Living. However, the focal points of this grant include the following:
- Maintaining and developing a digital presence that swiftly responds to digital and online trends.
- Contributing innovative ideas to create CIL efficiencies in service delivery
- Conducting training symposiums with the intention of making them grantee symposiums
- Fostering partnerships both at the national and state levels, enabling external stakeholder network expansion.
Furthermore, the annual estimated total revenue for this funding opportunity is US$889,490, with the award floor at US$639,490.
The official closing date for this Federal government grant in 2020 is June 22, 2021.
However, note that all applicants are to submit their proposals no later than 11:59 p.m. E.T on the above listed due date.
How to Apply
Read Also: 7 Small Business Grants Applications 2020
Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) Phase II
The Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) was initiated to foster and stimulate technological innovations in the private sector. It aims at strengthening the role of small businesses in meeting the needs of Federal research or research and development.
This is in a bid to intensify the commercial use of research to yield development results. Also, it tries to improve the return-on-investment from development and research, which in turn improves the lives of beneficiaries, especially those with disabilities.
Funding obligations for SBIR projects are made by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) to effectively address the needs of disabled individuals (their health, community living, function, and employment). However, the intention of phase II is to intensify the results of Phase I.
In addition, the Estimate total budget for this grant is US$1,150,000, with an award ceiling at US$575,000 and an award floor at US$570,000.
Read Also: Government Grants (Detailed Guide)
The official closing date for this Federal government grant in 2021 is June 10, 2021. However, note that all applicants are to submit their proposals no later than 11:59 p.m. E.T on the above listed due date.
How to Apply
Click here for eligibility requirements and information.
#6. National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF)
The National Youth Investment Fund initiative started its journey in the year 2020 (October) with a mission to invest in the youths. And as we know, a normal routine for Federal Government funding opportunities is to invest in creative ideas and skills that will contribute to the country’s infrastructure.
This initiative which was an idea of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports receives funding from the Central Bank of Nigeria. These funds however usually need to go through the popular NIRAL Microfinance Bank.
For the most part, NYIF is designed to run between October 2020 to 2023 with a target of 500,000 youths annually within this time-frame.
But here’s where it gets interesting; NYIF plans to disburse funds ranging from N250,000 to N50,000,000 to eligible youths at a single-digit interest rate of 5% and loan tenor of 5 years.
However, this comes with a maximum moratorium of 12 months which will be solely dependent on business structure and NMFB evaluations.
Who is Eligible for NYIF Registration 2020-2023 Funds?
To be considered eligible for the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) 2020, the following requirements would need to be in place:
- Evidence to verify that you are a Nigerian within the age bracket of 18 to 35
- An Approved Certification from Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports (FMYSD) Entreprenuership Development Institutes (EDI’s)
- A well-documented Business Plan Summary
- An Operational Business Enterprise
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Local Government Area Indigene Certificate
- A Valid Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- A Valid Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Who is NOT Eligible for NYIF Application 2020-2023 Funds?
Red-flags that could immediately get you disqualified from the National Youth Investment Fund (NYIF) initiative in 2020 include scenarios where;
- You have been a beneficiary of any AGSMESIS (Agricbusiness/Small & Medium Enterprises Investnment) Scheme and NMFB loan.
- You have been a previous beneficiary of any other government loan schemes
- You’ve had a record of any financial crime in the last 10 years
- You are unable to verify your identity with valid documents.
NYIF Registration 2021
Before you proceed to NYIF’s Official Website, here are some requirements you would need to get started on your registration.
- Full Identification (Surname, First Name and Middle name)
- Phone Number (Provide a valid number)
- Bank Verification Number
- Choose your Preferred Training Centre
- Choose your Geo-Political Zone (Click here to confirm yours)
Deadline for NYIF 2020
As at the time of writing this post, no date has been set for the NYIF 2020 Registration but we will notify you when that update comes up. However, it’s best you apply as soon as possible.
How to Apply for NYIF on nyif.nmfb.com
To Apply for the National Youth Investment Fund, Visit the Official Website and fill in the required details as listed above.
This post will be updated occasionally. So if you stumble of grants with outdated deadlines, don’t fret !!! Just check back for updates.