Table of Contents Hide
- The Best Things to Sell on eBay For Profit In 2023
- Can I Trust eBay?
- Why Start Selling on eBay?
- What Items Should You Avoid Selling on eBay?
- Who Makes the Most Sales on eBay?
- How Can I Find Excellent Things To Sell On eBay?
If you want to launch an eCommerce business, eBay is a terrific place to sell your goods. It is the world’s second-largest online marketplace, with 1.7 billion visitors per month from countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia. As a result, you’ll have plenty of customers.
What should you sell on eBay, though? There are literally thousands of alternatives, making it quite difficult to choose. We’ll show you the best-selling things on eBay in this guide. We’ll also tell you what’s been trending over the last year so you have even more ideas for what to sell. Finally, we’ll provide some pointers to assist you in locating the products with the highest potential for profit. This list of the best things to sell on eBay for profit will provide you with everything you need to start making money.
The Best Things to Sell on eBay For Profit In 2023
- Beauty and Health
- Clothes, Shoes, and Accessories
- Watches and Jewelry
- Home & Garden
- Motors on eBay
- Sports Equipment
- Toys and Hobbies
- Sports Memorabilia, Trading Cards, and a Fan Store
- Video Games & Consoles
#1. BEAUTY & HEALTH
The most popular thing to sell on eBay is health and beauty products. In fact, during the last year, the category has seen nearly twice as many sales as the next most popular category on the platform.
Health and beauty goods are a terrific place to start if you’re seeking for the best things to sell on eBay.
Best Things to Sell For Profit in the eBay Health & Beauty category
- Skincare items: This includes moisturizers and cleansers, as well as anti-aging products, which are the overall best sellers in the Health and Beauty category.
- Hair maintenance and styling: Consider shampoos, conditioners, hair coloring, and treatments for hair loss. Oils and other hair protectors are likewise becoming more and more popular.
- Vitamins and nutritional supplements: Considering the state of our modern diets, vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional supplements are becoming significant sellers.
#2. CLOTHES, SHOES, AND ACCESSORIES
You don’t think it’s profitable to sell goods on eBay? You should read about Sarah Dean. She resigned from her 50-hour-per-week work in the hotel business in 2020 to sell garments full-time on eBay, and by 2021, she had earned $1.35 million!
It’s true; clothing, shoes, and fashion accessories are some of the most profitable products on eBay right now.
Best Things To Sell For Profit In the Ebay Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories Category
- Clothing for men: Surprisingly, men’s apparel generates substantially more sales on eBay than women’s or children’s clothing, with more than twice as many as the combined sales of the other two. Consider shirts and sweaters, underwear and socks, shoes, and activewear.
- Accessories for women: Accessories are one area where women’s fashion makes up some ground. This includes handbags, shoes, scarves, headbands, and other accessories.
- Fashion from the past: A smaller segment with a bigger profit margin; vintage clothing and accessories are becoming increasingly trendy, and individuals are typically prepared to spend more for the correct piece.
- Sneakers: With one pair sold every four seconds, eBay is one of the top retailers of shoes. You don’t even have to pay commissions to sell sneakers on it!
#3. JEWELRY & WATCHES
Did you know that every minute on eBay, eight beautiful jewelry items are sold? Every five seconds, a watch is sold!
eBay is a terrific way to sell jewelry and watches to a global audience, whether you’re an expert trying to create a business or just someone looking to sell a few unneeded pieces.
The Best Things to Sell For Profit in the Jewelry & Watches Category on eBay
- Fashion and fine jewelry: Consider bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and rings, ranging from low-cost costume jewelry to diamond-encrusted items worth thousands of dollars.
- Watches: In addition to being a terrific way to sell your unwanted watch, eBay is also where many people have created a lucrative company by buying and flipping the most popular watches from the comfort of their own homes.
#4. HOME & GARDEN
The online market for a home and garden products is virtually limitless. Particularly now, with an increasing number of individuals working from home each year, a unique, comfortable living environment is more necessary than ever.
This is the ideal moment to generate additional money on eBay by selling almost everything in a home.
Best Home & Garden Things to Sell for Profit on eBay
- Kitchen, eating, and bar: Kitchen and dining products outsell all other subcategories in Home and Garden. Dinnerware and glasses, bar accessories, baking equipment, and small kitchen appliances are all included.
- Home decor: Think attractive pillows and linens, fragrant candles, picture frames, paintings, and even furniture when it comes to home décor. Home décor is in high demand because people are always looking for one-of-a-kind items to help them personalize their living space.
- Home improvement: This comprises everything for both inside and outside of a home, from power tools to lawnmowers and other garden equipment to hardware and remodeling supplies.
#5. Ebay Motors
Automotive products have been one of the top things to sell on eBay since the introduction of eBay Motors. Actually, three car components or accessories are sold on the platform every second!
DIYers, car dealers, and even professional mechanics worldwide search eBay for the parts and accessories they require.
The Best Things to Sell on eBay For Profit in the Motors Category
- Auto Accessories and Parts: This encompasses everything from brakes to brake pads to suspension and steering components, exhaust systems, tires, and even entire engines.
- Motorcycle and ATV parts and accessories: It’s not only automobiles and trucks. There is also a growing industry for ATV, UTV, motorcycle, and scooter components and accessories.
- Automotive tools and supplies: This includes diagnostic service instruments, maintenance and detailing items, fluids, paints, and pretty much anything else owners need to maintain the life of their automobiles.
#6. SPORTS GOODS
From athletes and enthusiasts to parents attempting to keep up with their growing children, eBay is the first stop for individuals looking for new and used sporting gear.
Keep in mind that the best athletic goods to sell in each country are directly related to the most popular sports and hobbies there.
The Best Things to Sell For Profit on eBay in the Sports Goods Category
- Fishing equipment: Fishing is by far the most popular subcategory within Sports Goods in the United States. This includes rods, reels, bait, lures, and flies.
- Team sports equipment: In the United States, consider football, baseball and softball, basketball, and soccer equipment, especially for children and teenagers who quickly outgrow their old gear.
- Additional sporting goods: Golf, cycling, and running are other major Sports Goods categories in the United States.
#7. TOYS & HOBBIES
Selling toys on eBay right now is so simple.
How simple is that? Just look at Tommy Howard, who is 14 years old.
Tommy bought a set of Nerf guns online when he was 12 years old, gave one to his younger brother for his birthday, and then sold the rest for a nice profit on eBay. Tommy sells ten goods per day to customers in over 70 countries, earning more than $15,000 per year as an adolescent!
Best Things to Sell For Profit on Toys & Hobbies Category on eBay
- Action Figures: Every year, eBay sells millions of action figures. The best-selling things are those from the most popular brand-name franchises, such as Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and so on.
- Dolls, clothing, and accessories: Consider apparel and accessories in particular. Unique doll accessories are sought after by parents and collectors from all over the world on eBay.
- Toys for babies: The increased popularity of developmental baby toys is noteworthy. It’s easy; parents want to keep their children entertained while still teaching them.
If you have rare or collectible items, eBay is definitely the greatest place to sell them.
Why? Because eBay’s auction-style sell system allows collectors from all over the world to bid on rare artifacts. These bidding battles might be the quickest way for sellers to sell and make a large profit.
The Best Things to Sell on eBay in the Collectibles Category
- Toys from the past and collectibles: Things like Polly Pocket, vintage Barbies, and vintage Star Wars toys sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars on eBay, even if they are not in immaculate condition or in their original packaging!
- Collectibles for decoration: Decorative collectibles like figurines, candle holders, and seasonal ornaments are always hot commodities on eBay because people are always looking for ways to make their living space unique.
- Card games with collectibles: Consider Pokémon, Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh, and other card games. From their initial introduction, Pokémon cards have increased in value by nearly 10,000%!
#9. SPORTS MERCHANDISE, CARDS, AND FAN SHOP
A sub-niche within collectibles, sports memorabilia, and especially sports cards, merits special notice here.
The sports card industry is seeing a “huge surge.” Sports card sales on eBay alone surpassed $4 billion in 2021, a trend that has sustained through 2022.
If you have old sports cards, now could be a good time to sell them for a profit, and if you’re searching for a new investment, sports cards could be a good alternative.
Sports Memorabilia, Cards, & Fan Shop Best Things to Sell on eBay
- Sports trading cards: These contain both individual cards and sealed boxes. Items in mint condition are preferable but not needed, as many people want to complete their collections with the best they can find.
- Souvenirs and clothes for fans: Way behind cards, but still an important subcategory; in the United States, consider apparel, signatures, art, and accessories for sports such as baseball, football, basketball, and hockey.
#10. VIDEO GAMES AND CONSOLES
Many consumers believe their outdated video games and consoles are worthless since gaming businesses offer little in exchange.
Not so quickly.
There is a global community of gamers looking to fuel their pastime, which means sellers may make significant money selling their gaming equipment on eBay.
The Best Things to Sell For Profit in the Video Games & Consoles Category on eBay
The best-selling video games on eBay are sometimes not the most popular titles, but the most difficult to locate. If you wish to sell games, you should obviously examine the platform’s going rate.
Video game consoles include both current-generation and older consoles such as the PlayStation, original Xbox, and Nintendo 64. Historic consoles such as the original Nintendo, SNES, Sega Genesis, and Atari Jaguar are in high demand. It’s not uncommon, for example, for a SNES to sell on eBay for more than $1,000!
Can I Trust eBay?
If you’re considering selling on eBay, you’ve likely heard horror stories about scammers and fraudsters preying on eBay users.
The truth is, eBay is just like anything else; nothing is 100% secure, from the most recent software to your bank.
Having said that, eBay is a well-established firm that has been in operation for nearly 30 years (more than some online marketplaces can say). They have a strong security team as well as fraud detection specialists on staff. If you sell on eBay, you’ll have this in your back pocket.
Yet, adopting a few simple safeguards to protect yourself from such scammers is a good idea.
- Use only eBay’s internal message system and authorized payment methods. Often scammers’ first request is to interact or execute a transaction outside of the platform. It’s a good idea to stay in areas where everything leaves a paper trail.
- Utilize eBay’s shipping options and track your product’s delivery through the platform to eliminate the potential that a consumer would claim they did not receive the merchandise.
- See what other sellers have said about them and read reviews from eBay shoppers.
Why Start Selling on eBay?
It’s no surprise that some of the most popular brands opt to launch their online store on eBay. By creating an eBay seller account, you can access many of the platform’s features and perks. eBay sellers have it all, from a large audience to advertising and a variety of sell alternatives.
- Global Audience: With 159 million active users, eBay sellers may display their products to one of the largest global audiences. Offer the best-selling things on eBay to attract millions of shoppers looking for your products. More reach generates greater money.
- Seller Defense: While eBay has your back, concentrate on increasing your online sales. Their seller protection team ensures that problems are identified in advance, that the seller protection policy is followed, and that customer care is available at all times. From bogus feedback to other difficulties, eBay will defend its merchants.
- eBay App: Thanks to the robust eBay app, you can sell effortlessly across various devices. Configure prices, monitor current trends, upload photographs directly from your phone to listings, auto-fill information, respond to customer inquiries, and fully manage your eBay store while on the go.
Read Also: SELLING APPS: Free & Best Selling Apps in 2023
- Reduced Fees: Compared to other prominent eCommerce marketplaces, eBay charges cheaper fees. There is a listing cost and a final sell fee on eBay, which often add up to 10-13%, whereas other platforms charge around 15%. Reduced fees mean higher income for eBay sellers, making this a simple location to start an eCommerce business.
- Auctions: Being the leading online auction platform, eBay has received widespread acclaim. Not only can you sell products directly, but you can also post them for auction, potentially achieving a considerably higher final sales price and giving sellers more options. Make more money through auctions and give things a chance to achieve their full value.
- Product Variety: From best-selling products to odd discounts like car components. As long as it is legal, eBay permits sellers to sell almost anything. Don’t believe us? A cornflake shaped like the state of Illinois was reportedly sold for $1,350 by two sisters on eBay. Sell your products on eBay if you believe they are worthy of a new owner.
- Shipment Help: Shipping help is one of the most important benefits provided to eBay sellers. From great shipping savings to the Global Shipping Program, there are numerous logistics alternatives and solutions to select from. Exclusive bargains save time and money and decreased delivery costs for your listings entice buyers.
What Items Should You Avoid Selling on eBay?
Food, furniture, liquid products, animals, handmade crafts, guns, digital products, and medical gadgets are among the items you should avoid selling on eBay.
Some of the things on the above list are forbidden by eBay, while others just do not sell well. Nonetheless, if you avoid the products listed above, you should be able to create revenue.
Who Makes the Most Sales on eBay?
Worldofbooks08, music magpie, second.sale, dcsports87, and declutter store are currently the top five eBay sellers.
The majority of eBay’s top sellers are from the United Kingdom, followed by the United States and Germany.
How Can I Find Excellent Things To Sell On eBay?
Using tools like Terapeak and ZikAnalytics to study the things that are already selling well online is the greatest approach to locating nice items to sell on eBay.
You may also conduct a manual search for top-selling items on eBay and browse their best-selling listings.
Terapeak is an eBay product research tool that assists you in discovering what products sell well on eBay. They offer information on completed sales, average prices, and buyer demographics.
Terapeak provides two tools:
- Terapeak Product Development: Any eBay merchants can use it without charge. You gain access to essential metrics such as a product’s sell-through rate, item condition, unsold inventory, and listing formats.
- Terapeak Sourcing Insights: To utilize this tool, you must have at least a Basic Shop subscription, which starts at $21.95 per month. You may view data for each category, including active listings, search volume, top opportunities, and click-through rate.
#2. Google Trends
Google Trends displays the demand for a certain keyword over time. Although it does not display eBay-specific statistics, it does provide insight into current market patterns.
You can also uncover seasonal trends, which can help you plan your advertising approach and boost sales.
#3. ZIK Analytics
ZIK Analytics is a cloud-based data analytics software that charges a monthly fee and allows you to visualize data from eBay and other e-commerce platforms.
The software offers useful eBay analytics like average product price, total revenue, and top-sell products in a category. It offers three subscription rates, beginning at $14.99 per month.
#4. Manual Investigation
Bestsellers on eBay can be manually researched. For example, type a keyword into eBay’s search field and click “Search.”
Then, on the left side panel, scroll down and pick “Sold Item” from the “Show only” filter. This filter will display the number of units sold of that particular item in the previous 12 months.
On eBay Export, you can also look at the top-selling and trending deals in each category.
You’re ready to start selling on eBay if you’ve read this far. From this list, pick one of the top things to sell on eBay.
With a successful eBay store, you’ll soon be earning additional money or perhaps running a profitable full-time business from the convenience of your own home.
Let me know which category you choose in the comments section!
- HOW TO BID ON EBAY: A best easy guide to bidding automatically
- The Best 2023 eBay Research Tools (Paid & Free Options).
- EBAY LOGO: Meaning, Font, and History
- HOW TO FIND A SELLER ON EBAY: Simple Ways to Search for Sellers
- EBAY AFFILIATE: Detailed Guide