Table of Contents Hide
- What is eBay?
- How to Find a Seller on eBay
- How to Find a Seller on eBay FAQs
- Can you look up people on eBay?
- Can you find an eBay seller by name?
- How do I find a seller's contact on eBay?
- Related Articles
When you purchased an item on eBay, were you impressed by the seller’s customer service? If you want to buy from the same seller again, you can easily find them with eBay’s advanced search. It takes you to the seller’s option, where you can search with the seller’s ID, username, or item number. However, you can also find a seller on the eBay mobile app by using the seller’s username, ID, or email address. This article will guide you through how to search for a seller on eBay using the website and the mobile app.
What is eBay?
Perhaps the name eBay is no longer strange to you. However, its knowledge is insufficient. You were unaware that eBay.com is a product of the eBay group in the United States. Besides eBay, this company’s other well-known product is PayPal. This company had ownership of Skype in the past, but Microsoft eventually bought it out and took over.
With respect to online retail, eBay is regarded as an inexpensive option. It is a gathering place that sells a variety of items from all over the world. Unlike most other online auction sites, eBay is a website where you can buy products through auctions that take place on that site. As a result, customers who pay more will purchase the item. But if you want to buy something on eBay, you will need an international payment card (Visa/MasterCard/AmEx/JCB/Discover/Paypal) or an international payment method.
Furthermore, you can find items from all over the world for sale on eBay. As a result, the products on the website are quite diverse, including costumes, housewares, electronics, high-tech items, and so on.
Items on eBay, unlike those on Amazon, come from a variety of sources. As a result, product quality control is lax. This e-commerce site still sells a variety of low-quality items. Yet, it is difficult to choose the product you want if you lack knowledge and experience in the field of eBay purchasing. Finding a seller and contacting them is one way to avoid purchasing low-quality products.
Why Would You Search for a Seller on eBay?
There has been a dramatic increase in both buyers and sellers. As an eBay user, you may be looking for a specific seller on the marketplace.
- Perhaps you had a positive experience with a seller and are curious about what else he or she may be selling.
- You might want to benchmark or replicate your competitors’ eBay SEO techniques.
- You may want to see how a seller manages his multi-channel business after connecting eBay to his Shopify site.
- Or maybe you want to tell one of your customers where they can find you on eBay.
How to Find a Seller on eBay
To find a seller on eBay, the ID or username, item number, and email address are the three most common ways to search for the seller on the eBay platform.
- Sign in to your eBay account at ebay.com.
- Click the “Advanced” option on the right side of the screen.
- Select “Find Contact Information” or “Find a Member” under the Members heading. It is in the left column.
- When you want to find the seller’s eBay profile and the products they’re selling, use “Find a Member.”
- Accept an email from eBay with the seller’s contact information by clicking “Find Contact Information.” Now, either type in the user’s ID or enter the user’s email address.
- Fill out the CAPTCHA (it will appear if you choose the Find a Member option).
- Then choose Search.
- If you enter the seller’s email address, the user ID will appear.
- If you requested the person’s information, you will receive an email.
- Finally, click on the desired user ID to access the contact link in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Finding the Seller Using the Item Number
- To find the seller, go to ebay.com and sign in to your account.
- Select “Advanced” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “By Item Number” in the “Items” column on the left.
- In the box, enter the item number you’re looking for.
- Now, select Search.
- Click on the listing’s desired title.
- On the right side of the screen, under “seller information”, you’ll find the seller’s username.
Finding the Listing Using the Seller’s User ID
For this option, go to ebay.com and sign in to your account.
- Select “Advanced” from the top right corner of the screen.
- Click “By Seller” in the “Items” column on the left.
- Now, select the only show items checkbox. The box is under the header that says “Sellers.”
- In the specific seller’s box, enter the seller’s user ID.
- If you want to set the rest of the search parameters, you can do so.
- Finally, enter a keyword from the listing in the “Enter Keywords” or “Item Number Box”. However, if you’re looking for a specific item to find your seller, use the search box at the bottom.
Finding the Seller by Email Address
To protect people’s privacy, eBay hides the email addresses of buyers and sellers. By default, you can see other users’ eBay usernames but not their private email addresses. However, you have the right to ask for a buyer’s contact information if you are engaged in a transaction with them. eBay will verify that the person is indeed the buyer of your item before sending you a message with their email address and other contact information. You can also send a message to a seller on eBay to find out their email address.
To find an eBay user, click the username anywhere on eBay, such as on an item page, and then click “Contact.” Choose an item from the drop-down menu or enter an item number and click “Continue.” If you go directly to a user’s page from an item page, eBay skips this step. Select a topic, click “No, I Want to Contact the Seller,” and then click “Continue.” Instead of selecting an item and a topic, check “This Is Not About an Item” and click “Continue.” Click “Send” after typing your message and providing any requested information on the topic you selected. If the user responds, the message will appear in both your eBay message inbox and your email.
How Do You Search for a Seller on the eBay Mobile App?
Using eBay’s mobile app on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device makes finding a seller a little easier. Tap the search bar at the top of the home screen to open the app. Now, type the ID of the seller you’re looking for, then tap the “Search for a User” option in the search results.
Finding the Seller Using the eBay Mobile App on iPhone
The method of searching for the seller using the iPhone is different.
- Open the eBay application on your iPhone.
- You’ll find the “Search” option at the bottom of the application.
- Once the search tab is open, type in the seller’s name.
- Tap on the search result page where it displays the seller’s name.
- Finally, tap on the seller’s name.
How to Find a Seller by Username on the eBay Mobile App
To find a seller on the eBay mobile app by username,
- Click the “By seller” link on the left side of the page.
- Enter the username or ID of the seller. If you are unsure of the seller’s user ID, choose “Show close and exact user ID matches.”
- Finally, select the “Search” option.
How to Find a Seller by Email Address Using the eBay Mobile App
- Go to the Advanced Search form.
- Under the Members header in the left column, click on “Find a member” or “Find contact information.”
- Enter the user’s ID or email address.
- Fill out the CAPTCHA.
- Click the Search button.
- Select user ID.
How Do I Find the Seller’s Contact Info on the eBay Mobile App?
To find the phone number of your seller
- On the find answers page, you can view the seller’s phone number by selecting “Contact seller” and then “Other.”
- After clicking the “Find answers” button, you’ll see a contact form at the bottom of the page that includes a phone number option.
How to Find a Seller on eBay FAQs
Can you look up people on eBay?
You can look up a person on eBay through the “Advanced Search” option at the top of most eBay pages. Click “Find a member” in the Members section. Then, enter the user ID or email address of the member. If you don’t know the exact user ID, enter your best guess.
Can you find an eBay seller by name?
Yes, sign in to your eBay account at ebay.com. Click the “Advanced” option on the right side of the screen. When you want to find the seller’s eBay profile and the products they’re selling, then click on “Find a Member.”
How do I find a seller's contact on eBay?
You can reach out to the seller by clicking on the “Contact Seller” link located just above the Seller Information section. On the Find answers page, select the topic that best matches your question. If you can’t find the answer to your question, you can choose “Other” and then “Contact the seller.”
- eBay Selling Fees: Pricing, Calculators, and Best UK Practices
- eBay Fees UK: How Much are eBay Fees in UK & How do You Reduce Them
- Business Accounting Guide: (+ Free Samples & Courses)
- EBAY BIDDING: Rules, Bots, How it Works & How to Win (+ Quick Tools)
- SELLER FINANCING: How It Works
- BEST PLACE TO BUY SUITS FOR WORK: Most Affordable Places to Buy Suit