Table of Contents Hide
- How Does Affiliate Marketing Software Work?
- What Is Affiliate Marketing?
- What Features Should Affiliate Software Have?
- How Should You Select Affiliate Marketing Software For Your Business?
- What Benefits Does Affiliate Marketing Software Have?
- The Best Affiliate Marketing Software for Businesses
- What Factors to Consider Before Selecting Affiliate Marketing Software For Your Business
- Affiliate Marketing Software FAQs
- How does affiliate marketing software work?
- Do I need a website to be an affiliate marketer?
- How do affiliate marketers get paid?
Proper affiliate administration takes a great deal of trial and error, including tracking affiliate commissions, and referrals, keeping affiliate partners satisfied, and ensuring your affiliate links track everything required. With today’s affiliate marketing tools, an affiliate manager can handle all of their affiliate management chores and create their partner program from a single platform, including managing influencer marketing connections, referral marketing, affiliates, and so much more! This article will define affiliate marketing software and explain what makes a good affiliate software platform. In addition, we’ll go through the top seven automated affiliate marketing software platforms that a small business can employ to take their affiliate program to the next level.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Software Work?
Affiliate marketing software, at its heart, is a SaaS (software as a service) platform that assists you in automating the day-to-day chores associated with running an affiliate marketing campaign (also known as an affiliate marketing program). This includes everything from sales tracking and ad campaign management to data analysis and hiring new affiliates.
The best programs will assist you in improving your company’s affiliate marketing efforts by allowing you to track the performance of your affiliates, discover which products perform well, and which approaches work best for driving traffic and producing sales. For example, if you discover that one of your affiliates is generating the majority of your sales through Facebook advertisements, you can research their techniques to figure out how they do it. You could then apply these methods to other types of adverts or approach them about being an affiliate for another product in your company’s range.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing (also known as partner marketing or referral marketing) is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business compensates one or more affiliates for each visitor or client brought in via an affiliate link. You can accomplish this in a variety of methods, including your blog, social media, email marketing, SMS marketing, and so on. If one of your followers purchases something using your tracking link, it is referred to as an affiliate link, and you will be paid a percentage of that purchase! Most businesses have an affiliate manager that works directly with their affiliate partner on affiliate marketing efforts.
What Features Should Affiliate Software Have?
The following are the minimum affiliate marketing software functionalities that affiliate marketers require:
- An easy-to-use interface with tabs that allow you to rapidly transition between different functions.
- Effective affiliate tracking tools: If you want to see how your affiliates are performing, you’ll need reporting tools that organize the data. This will allow you to see which affiliates are performing well and which require additional attention. It will also show you which affiliate partners have yet to be paid their affiliate commission.
- Flexible payment options: You’ll want to be able to pay your affiliates in a variety of ways, based on the industry they work in and where they live.
- Email marketing: Having an in-platform email marketing system for your affiliate manager to contact affiliate partners and provide affiliate links can save you a lot of time and difficulties.
How Should You Select Affiliate Marketing Software For Your Business?
When selecting affiliate marketing software, there are numerous factors to consider, and selecting the correct platform that can scale with your firm is critical. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of some of the factors to consider before purchasing software: Look for an affiliate marketing platform that is simple to use, has a good and responsive design, and allows you to access and view your analytics data at any time, allows you to invite and manage unlimited affiliates, allows you to pay your affiliate commission without issue at all times, and has adequate customer support when you need it.
What Benefits Does Affiliate Marketing Software Have?
As previously stated, affiliate marketing is an excellent approach to gaining new clients and creating a brand online. However, managing all of your partners from one location can be time-consuming and difficult. Affiliate marketing software can assist in resolving this issue in a variety of ways. Begin by automating payments to your affiliates so you don’t have to waste time manually transferring funds every month or quarter. Create a mechanism for paying affiliates such that it occurs automatically on the agreed-upon schedule or when an affiliate meets the earning criteria.
Affiliate marketing software can also assist you in finding and recruiting the ideal affiliate partners for your business, with the ability to manage the entire relationship within the platform itself. Another advantage is that you can track and optimize the performance of all of your partners from the dashboard alone! This is critical for affiliate programs with thousands of partners telling the story of your brand.
The Best Affiliate Marketing Software for Businesses
Now that we know what to look for when comparing choices, let’s take a look at seven prominent affiliate marketing software programs that can help you streamline your company’s referral program.
- Post Affiliate Professional
Affiliatly is an affiliate marketing tool that allows you to manage all of your partners from a single dashboard. The software, which integrates with your Shopify store, tracks sales on your website and connects them to the affiliate who directed them there. Track affiliate sales via email, SKU, promo code, link, and other methods.
Among Affiliatly’s best features are:
- Affiliate website. Partners can access their personal dashboards to generate custom affiliate links, view recent sales, and track commission distributions.
- Configurable commissions. Provide high commissions to your top affiliates or give varying payments for different products. A product with a 50% profit margin may allow for a 10% fee, whereas one with a 20% profit margin may only allow for a 5% commission. You may also provide store credit or gift cards to entice affiliates to spend their earnings on their own products.
- Look at the affiliate pop-up. Finding new relationship opportunities is sometimes the most difficult aspect of establishing a referral program for many brands. There is no better affiliate than a current customer who is intimately familiar with your products. Affiliatly may be used to add a pop-up window to your Shopify checkout page that asks new customers to participate in the referral program.
G2 has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
The monthly cost is $16. A 90-day free trial is offered.
Everflow is a partner marketing program that collects sales information from a variety of sources, including referrals and affiliates. Everflow’s best features are designed for established or scaling web stores and include:
- Tracking of coupon codes: Creates promo codes for their audience instead of having affiliate partners divert traffic through personalized links. Not only does it provide customers an incentive to buy, but Everflow tracks coupon code usage and credits revenue to the affiliate who shared it.
- Click-to-conversion tracking: With this function, you can prevent affiliate fraud and link abuse. When something appears to be questionable, you will receive an alert.
- QR codes are barcodes: Working with affiliates who have clout in a specific field? With trackable QR codes, you can assist them in making in-person sales. Each affiliate can generate its own code and receive credit when customers use it.
G2 has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Pricing starts at $750 per month.
Another tool to consider when looking for help with your affiliate marketing initiatives is Refersion. It offers real-time information about who your affiliates are (and how much revenue they create for your affiliate), as well as an integrated post-purchase marketing channel that asks clients to become affiliates.
Refersion’s affiliate marketing software, which is used by popular online businesses such as Magic Spoon and Pura Vida Bracelets, provides:
- Good access to the affiliate market. Through the Refersion marketplace, you may find 5,000+ qualified influencers, content providers, bloggers, and influencers. In only a few clicks, you may invite them to join your affiliate program.
- Email marketing. Keep in touch with your affiliates by automatically emailing them when their application to join the program is approved, a transaction is made, or a payment is received. Use personalized broadcasts to notify them of new products and promotions.
- Compensate affiliates. Using Refersion’s PayPal interface, send bulk payouts to affiliates at the end of the month. Alternatively, if you like to give gift cards as an incentive for clients to promote their friends, send qualifying affiliates unique codes through email.
G2 has a rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Pricing starts at $89 per month.
Tapfiliate is a Shopify-integrated affiliate tracking software. It is used by eCommerce firms to track commissions received by recommending customers, affiliates, or influencers with whom they have a partnership.
Tapfiliate’s most popular characteristics are as follows:
- Manager of brand assets. Premade brand assets make it easy for affiliates to promote products. Upload logos, social media templates, and HTML banners to ensure that any marketing they undertake on your behalf is consistent.
- Excellent affiliate bonuses. Top affiliates should be rewarded with bonuses when they reach a particular number of referred consumers. Those who achieve your VIP tier and create $5,000 in revenue, for example, could receive a $150 cash bonus.
- Support for multiple languages. Do you want to broaden your audience and reach out to overseas customers? Make use of affiliates with audiences in such areas. Tapfiliate is available in six different languages, including French, Spanish, and German.
G2 has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Pricing starts at $89 per month. A 14-day free trial is offered.
#5. Post Affiliate Professional
Post Affiliate Pro is an affiliate marketing platform that manages all parts of your program, from recruiting influencers to join to tracking outcomes and distributing commission rewards.
Businesses use the eCommerce for:
- Replication of a website. Make unique landing pages for each affiliate’s target demographic. It’s simpler to persuade a new customer to buy if they see someone they know, like, and trust on the product page.
- Reporting on the best URLs. To determine your top-performing products, exclude all non-affiliate sales. Share this information with your affiliates, especially new ones; boosting bestsellers may make it simpler for them to earn their first commission.
- Advanced Payment integrations. Many affiliate schemes only enable brands to pay commissions through PayPal. Post Affiliate Pro interfaces with tools like ReCharge, WorldPay, and Stripe to allow affiliates to get paid in the way they desire.
4.5 out of 5 stars for G2.
Pricing starts at $97 per month. A free trial is available.
LeadDyno is a Shopify app for running your own referral program for software-as-a-service and eCommerce enterprises. Its dashboard can be used to attract and engage affiliates. Remember, the more products the affiliate marketing software sell, the more money your business makes.
LeadDyno customers receive the following as part of the software:
- Dashboard branding: Connect your affiliate dashboard to your online store and include your brand name, logo, and custom colors.
- Form for affiliate invitation. Using an onboarding form, collect crucial information regarding potential affiliates, such as their audience size, social media links, and follower count. Accept just those who meet your requirements.
- App for mobile devices. With LeadDyno’s mobile app, affiliates may access their reports while on the road. This is especially helpful if their target audience is not online.
G2 has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Pricing starts at $29 per month. A 30-day free trial is offered.
Working with a limited software budget? UpPromote’s affiliate marketing software solution is designed for small business owners with low technological experience. It includes:
- Tracking in real-time. With real-time reporting, you can instantly identify which affiliates are driving sales. There will be no more waiting to see if the folks they referred wind up purchasing.
- Email templates for professionals. Set up your affiliate program with ready-made templates for emailing new affiliates, confirming payouts, and motivating partners to continue advertising your products.
- Affiliate marketing marketplace. Search the UpPromote marketplace for influencers in your sector. It’s a terrific approach for new brands without a loyal consumer base to launch their first affiliate program.
Pricing: A free plan for up to 200 affiliates is offered. The Pro plans begin at $21.99 per month.
What Factors to Consider Before Selecting Affiliate Marketing Software For Your Business
Before we get to the recommendations, here’s a quick checklist of items to consider when selecting software to assist your affiliate marketing program:
- Compatibility with online stores: Make sure the tool you’re using interfaces with your ecommerce platform (even better if there’s a Shopify app for it).
- Affiliate breakdown: Any effective affiliate marketing program knows who its top affiliates are. Choose an affiliate management tool that displays useful metrics for each affiliate you deal with, such as how many sales and clicks they’ve earned and their traffic’s buy conversion rate. (Compare this to the usual affiliate marketing conversion rate of 0.5% to 1%.)
- Flexibility in the commission structure: Coupon codes, cash bonuses, and percentage commissions are all options for rewarding affiliates for sending clients your way. Choose affiliate marketing software that allows you to offer a variety of commission plans.
- Cookie window settings: How long does it take for an affiliate’s audience to visit your site and make a purchase? High-ticket items typically have a longer purchasing process, but low-cost, trending products can convert in a single session. Select affiliate tracking software that provides for unique cookie window attribution based on your typical sales cycle.
Read Also: Best Social Media Marketing Software In 2022
- Optional payouts: Look for affiliate marketing software that integrates with your business bank account or PayPal to simplify and streamline the process. You should ideally be able to pay affiliates with only a few clicks—no spreadsheets or manual payments required.
- Detection of fraud: As much as we’d like to believe that all affiliates are honest, some marketers try to defraud the companies with which they work by sending spam traffic or placing bogus purchases that qualify for commission. Check that your affiliate software features fraud detection and dependable customer assistance in the event that this occurs.
- Built-in CRM: allows affiliates to construct their own campaigns by sending seasonal promotions, marketing content, and new product launch information. Choose a tool that provides email marketing and direct messaging to reduce the number of software applications in your toolbox.
- Automation: In terms of fewer pieces of software, several platforms use automation to send affiliate invitations, onboard new influencers, and pay out commissions without the need for human participation. In other words, your affiliate marketing software is completely automated.
A small business can quickly start affiliate programs and track referrals and sales produced by their affiliate partners with the help of great affiliate software solutions.
A good affiliate marketing software should give brands all of the tools they need to create, promote, and grow their affiliate program.
Simultaneously, they should provide customized and user-friendly reporting options that allow brands to track affiliate program performance in real time.
Because, after all, companies cannot adequately analyze the effectiveness and profitability of their affiliate programs and partnerships without dependable tracking and reporting tools.
Affiliate Marketing Software FAQs
How does affiliate marketing software work?
Affiliate marketing software drives traffic to your website from your affiliates via material such as blog posts and videos, but you only pay those affiliates when the clickthrough traffic makes a purchase.
Do I need a website to be an affiliate marketer?
Absolutely not for affiliate marketing; all you need is traffic or an audience, which may be on your YouTube channel, Instagram, or Facebook. It is simply necessary to paste the affiliate link on your post in order to validate the sales generated by your post or video.
How do affiliate marketers get paid?
Affiliate marketers are compensated for sending customers to businesses where they make purchases. Depending on the product and volume of referrals, these commissions might range from less than 1% to 20% or more. To measure sales for online marketing, a personalized link or referral code is employed.
- How To Start Affiliate Marketing With No Money: Starting Guide
- Best Software Affiliate Programs and Networks of 2022
- Best 27 Affiliate Marketing Courses To Try In 2022
- AFFILIATE PARTNERSHIP: Definition, Examples, and Agreement Templates
- Target Affiliate Program: 2022 Review, Commission & How-to Guide