Table of Contents Hide
- What is Business Certification?
- Are Business Certificates Worth It?
- Top 5 Small Business Certifications
- Business Certifications Programs
- Top 5 Online Business Certifications
- What Is the Easiest Certification to Get?
- Minority Business Certification
- Does Certification Increase Salary?
- Business Certifications FAQs
- Are business certificates worth it?
- Which course is best t b immediately?
- Will a certificate get me a job?
Are you interested in business certification? If so, there are many different options available. While some certifications may be easier than others, they all have their unique benefits and downsides. Let’s take a look at the top online and minority business certifications that you should consider getting in 2022.
What is Business Certification?
Business certification is a process that helps you learn more about a specific topic. It’s also a way to prove your knowledge to others and get a job.
It’s important to note that many certifications are not required for employment, but they can help you stand out from other candidates for certain positions or roles in an organization.
Are Business Certificates Worth It?
As you might have noticed, there is a lot of information out there about the value of business certifications. And while it can be tempting to give up on your dream job just because you don’t have one, it’s important to remember that having a certification will not only help you get better jobs and promotions but also improve your career opportunities and salary.
If you plan to pursue a certification or degree in 2022 (or soon), consider these things:
- Get training for the job at hand—not just general skills like Microsoft Excel or Photoshop. If possible, find out what specific knowledge areas are needed by potential employers before enrolling in classes so that learning them doesn’t take away from time spent earning wages during working hours.
- Consider taking online courses through institutions such as Harvard University or Stanford University; these programs allow students from around the world access without having to pay out-of-state tuition rates while still receiving high-quality instruction from professors who bring decades’ worth of experience teaching similar subjects matter related directly back home on campus grounds via face-to-face meetings each weeknight evening until midnight every Saturday morning too! This saves both money AND time which means more money coming into our pockets every month since we don’t need anything else except maybe groceries once every two weeks depending upon how much stuff we buy (which should never exceed $50!)
Top 5 Small Business Certifications
The Small Business Certification Program is a leading source of information and resources on how to become certified as a small business owner. The SBCP is one of the only organizations that offer certification programs specifically designed for women-owned and minority-owned businesses (WOSB). If you want to build your business or gain recognition in today’s competitive industry, choose one of these certificates.
#1. Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) and Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) Certification
A WOSB or WBE certification is a stamp of approval that certifies that you’re doing business with people who are women-owned. The certification shows your commitment to diversity and fairness, as well as supporting female entrepreneurs.
These certifications are important because they help you build trust with potential clients, which leads to more sales. They underline that your organization promotes diversity in the workplace and helps women flourish by providing equitable treatment at work.
To get these certifications, you’ll need to meet certain requirements set forth by each organization:
- Women Owned Small Business (WOSB)*—This certification requires that at least 51% ownership must be held by women. This accreditation requires annual reporting on staff numbers, salaries paid per year, and other diversity-related topics.
#2. Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification
The Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) designation is a government certification that shows you are a certified minority-owned business. It’s been around for more than 40 years, making it one of the oldest and most prestigious credentials out there.
The MBE program is based on the size of your business and the percentage of ownership by minorities. A company can be certified as an MBE if it meets these requirements:
- The company must have five or fewer employees.
- At least 51% ownership must be held by American citizens who are members of one or more racial minorities; and/or
- At least two out of three owners must be natural-born United States citizens.
#3. B Corp Certification
The B Corporation Certification is a high-level certification that helps businesses to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. It’s a great way for small businesses to show their dedication to the community by employing practices that align with their mission statement.
The B Corp certification is open to any type of business—from large corporations to freelancers—that want more confidence in their commitment to the community.
#4. Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Certification
The US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers a certification program for veteran-owned businesses called the Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB). This certification is for businesses that are owned by veterans and their spouses.
The SDVOSB program is similar to VOSBs, but it allows service-disabled veteran-owned companies to apply for certification as well. Both programs are administered by the VA and certified by independent auditors who are experienced in managing small businesses with specific characteristics like those described above.
#5. LEED Certification
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, and it’s a third-party verification of a building’s sustainable design, construction, operations, and maintenance.
The points system is used to determine who gets LEED certification. Different parts of the building’s performance in terms of sustainability earn points:
- Water efficiency—how much water is used per square foot of floor space?
- Energy efficiency—how much energy does it use? (for example, 10% solar panels on the roof).
- Indoor environmental quality includes lighting controls; ventilation systems (useful if you want to get rid of mold); HVAC systems (how efficiently does your building cool/heat?)
Overall, We’ve covered a lot of ground here—and while there are many more certification programs out there, these five are among the most popular and important. This list is by no means exhaustive; there is plenty of room for other certification options in the future. As we mentioned earlier, it’s important to keep in mind that certification does not guarantee success! But if you’re looking for a way to boost your business’s visibility and reputation, then one of these certifications might just be what you need.
Business Certifications Programs
What is a certification program?
A certification program is a set of courses, exams, and required work experience that allows you to earn a professional title. These certifications can help you build your skills and credibility in the workplace as well as gain access to new opportunities within your field.
The following are the Benefits of earning business certifications:
- Increases job security and salary potential by providing proof of skills, knowledge, and abilities (SKKAs). SKKAs help employers determine if someone has the right stuff for the job they have available or are considering giving an employee more responsibilities than they currently have.
- Makes it easier for employers to hire qualified candidates because they already know what they’re getting with their team members on their team now!
- Helps businesses grow faster by increasing productivity since employees will have more confidence in themselves knowing what’s expected from them every day at work, instead of working harder towards achieving goals together instead of thinking about how much longer each task might take before completion occurs.”
Top 5 Online Business Certifications
Are you looking for a way to improve your business or career? You’ve come to the right place! We’ve put together this list of some of our favorite online certifications that can help you go further.
#1. University of California Extension
UC Extension is a nonprofit organization that offers online business certifications. You can earn these certifications through their program, which is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UC Extension is also a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NCASRLA), which means you can use your certificate from UC Extension at any state-accredited college or university in North America.
#2. University of Virginia
The University of Virginia is a public research university founded by Thomas Jefferson and located in Charlottesville, Virginia that offers online business certifications. It was founded in 1819 by a Declaration of Independence signer and former President of the United States, Thomas Jefferson.
Furthermore, the university has been ranked as one of the top 50 universities worldwide by Times Higher Education (THE), whose methodology includes six measures: teaching quality, research impact, industry income generation capacity, international outlook/global reach, etc., among others; it also ranks highly in graduate employability according to Graduate Career Services International’s 2017 Graduate Employability Rankings Report.
#3. University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame’s Certificate in Business Analytics program is a one-year degree completion program designed for students who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of data analytics and its applications.
The certificate combines experiential learning, hands-on experience, internships, and study abroad opportunities with classroom instruction to prepare you for future work opportunities in business intelligence or consulting. In addition, it provides an opportunity for students to earn an internationally recognized credential that can be used as part of their professional portfolio.
To earn the certificate, you must have completed at least two years of college courses at any accredited college or university with a minimum GPA requirement (2.0). You’ll also need to submit official transcripts from each institution where you earned credit hours before applying here; if they’re not available yet it’s best not to apply!
#4. Capella University
Capella University is a private, non-profit university that offers online degrees and certifications in business. It’s regionally accredited and has been operating since 1927.
Capella University offers its online business degree program through its main campus in Minneapolis, Minnesota; however, it also offers an online MBA program at another location on its campus. The cost for this degree is $60K if you want to take classes from both locations (and any other courses).
In addition to the core undergraduate curriculum at Capella University’s main campus location or through online distance learning options such as MOOCs (massive open online courses), there are also several graduate programs available including Master’s Degrees in Human Resources Management or Information Systems & Analytics Management among others that can be completed entirely online without ever having to step foot inside one of their buildings!
#5. University of Pennsylvania – Wharton Online
The University of Pennsylvania – Wharton Online is a leading online business school that offers a wide range of courses designed to help students develop their skills and knowledge in areas including accounting, marketing, and finance. The university also offers several different levels of certification including the Master of Science in Management (MMS) program for experienced professionals looking for additional training in management or leadership techniques.
The MMS program provides an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience through real-world projects within one month after graduation. Students will learn how to apply their knowledge by working as consultants on corporate projects such as mergers & acquisitions or international expansion strategies; they’ll also receive guidance from industry experts who can provide feedback on their work before submitting it back at the end of each project period
Overall, There you have it! Your complete guide to online business certifications. We’re confident you’ll find the right one for your career goals.
What Is the Easiest Certification to Get?
The easiest certification to get is probably the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). The EC-Council gives this certification, and it costs $2,000 to get it.
The most popular certifications are:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – $1,200
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – $1,100
Minority Business Certification
Minority business certification is a great way to get your foot in the door. It can be a stepping stone to other certifications and it helps you gain experience and build a strong resume.
It also shows that you are committed to building up your business and making it successful, which is something that many companies value.
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) provides a variety of certifications to help you build your business. The SBA offers five main types of certification, including:
- Women’s Business Center (WBC) certification, which provides technical assistance and resources to women-owned businesses.
- Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Certification (SD VOB), which helps veterans with disabilities build successful businesses.
- Business Development Program, which helps small disadvantaged businesses grow by providing them with contracting opportunities from the federal government.
Does Certification Increase Salary?
The answer is yes, but it depends on the industry you work in. If your certification increases your salary by $5,000 or more per year and you are working in a competitive industry, then certification can increase your salary.
Generally, if you have a bachelor’s degree or higher and have worked for at least five years as an employee of the same company where this certification will be obtained (or it’s equivalent), then no doubt getting certified will increase your chances of getting promoted faster than not having any certifications at all.
I would like to say that this is a great time to get your business certifications either online or otherwise. There are many great programs out there, and they can help improve your career. I hope this article has given you some insight into the best way forward!
Business Certifications FAQs
Are business certificates worth it?
The short answer is “Yes”, a business administration certificate is worth it for many students
Which course is best t b immediately?
- Certificate Course in Finance Accounting and Taxation
- Advanced Certificate Program in Data Science
- Advanced Certificate in Machine Learning and NLP
- Advanced Certificate in Blockchain Technology
- Advanced Certificate in Digital Marketing and Communication
- PHP Certification
Will a certificate get me a job?
Sure, earning a certificate can help you get a job in your desired field or advance in your career.
- www.mbopartners.com – 5 Small Business Certifications to Consider
- www.onlineschoolscenter.com – The 14 Best Online Business Certificate Programs in 2021