Table of Contents Hide
- What is SEO software?
- Reviews of 10 Best SEO Software In 2022
- #1. Semrush – Best Overall
- #2. Ahrefs: The Best All-In-One SEO Tool
- #3. Netpeak Spider – Best User Ratings
- #4. Yoast – The Most Convenient
- #5. Google Search Console – The Best Free SEO Software
- #6. Conductor Searchlight – Best Customer Service
- #7. SEO Panel – The Best Open-Source Alternative
- #8. SEOptimer – Best White Label Reports
- #9. Link Research Tools – Best for Link Building
- #10. KWFinder – The Best Keyword Research Tool
- Best Free SEO Software Tools
- How We Chose the Best SEO Software
- Benefits of SEO Software
- What are the Must-Have Features of SEO Software?
- What is the Cost of SEO Software
- SEO Software FAQs
- How much does SEO cost for a small business?
- What does SEO do for your website?
- What is a backlink in SEO?
Mastering SEO optimization can be difficult, especially if you’re just getting started. Fortunately, finding the best free and paid SEO software tools is simple; we’ve collected a list of them all. We polled over 30 SEO specialists to find out which SEO software is the best and which keyword tracking tools are the most popular. You don’t have to try all of these SEO software and tools; just figure out which one works best for your business.
What is SEO software?
Search engine optimization (SEO) software, also known as organic search marketing software, is intended to increase the ranking of websites in search engine results pages (SERPs) without requiring payment to the search engine provider. These tools deliver SEO insights to businesses through a number of capabilities, assisting in the identification of the best tactics to boost a website’s search relevancy. Many tools additionally include competition data and extensive industry research. Product and marketing teams, as well as SEO specialists, frequently utilize SEO software to discover areas for improvement on their web domains that could result in higher ranks in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Reviews of 10 Best SEO Software In 2022
With so many alternatives, it can be difficult to identify which provider offers the services you require at the best price for you. Fortunately, we’ve examined some of the most popular software to distinguish the best selections from the less spectacular alternatives. Finally, we discovered that these ten providers outperform the competition in terms of functionality, the convenience of use, and total value.
- Semrush: Best Overall.
- Ahrefs: The Best All-In-One SEO Tool
- Netpeak Spider: Best User Ratings for
- Yoast: The Most Convenient
- Google Search Console: The Best Free SEO software
- Conductor Searchlight: Best Customer Service
- SEO Panel: The Best Open-Source Alternative
- SEOptimer: Best White Label Reports
- Link Research Tools: Best Link Building
- KWFinder: The Best Keyword Research Tool
#1. Semrush – Best Overall
Semrush is an SEO software solution that runs on the web. It’s possibly one of the most well-known names in the SEO software sector. This software has a lot of features and capabilities. Users may improve their on-page SEO, conduct extensive keyword research, increase their link-building activities, follow the evolution of their keyword rankings, optimize their content, and assess their competition. Semrush works well with WordPress, Trello, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and other applications. While this software has a larger membership fee than some other companies, many customers may find it to be well worth the money due to its reputation and feature-rich capabilities. Some of the features are as follows:
- Determine the best keywords for marketing efforts.
- Examine your competitors’ marketing techniques, from keyword targeting to ad text headlines.
- Conduct a complete technical SEO audit to determine what enhancements are achievable.
- To improve strategy, track website backlinks.
- Conduct topic research to generate content ideas.
- Get advice on how to generate SEO-friendly content.
- Keep track of keyword rankings on a daily basis over time.
- Examine your on-page SEO rankings.
- Order user-friendly reports from several tools, with the option to brand and white-label them.
- It includes a plethora of functions and is an excellent all-in-one web visibility management platform.
- It is designed to be user-friendly.
- Excellent competitive analysis tools are included.
- Some may find it overly data-heavy.
- Learning how to use all of the tools can take some time.
#2. Ahrefs: The Best All-In-One SEO Tool
Ahrefs is a comprehensive SEO tool that can assist users in improving their ranks and web traffic. This software is web-based and contains numerous features. Monthly membership levels range from $99 to $999 per month, with reductions available for annual billing. During business hours, online support is available.
Here’s a list of all the tools available through Ahrefs:
- Site Explorer: Allows users to view any website’s search results and traffic data.
- Site Audit: Allows users to examine the on-site performance of a website.
- Keywords Explorer: Allows users to generate, analyze, and calculate the traffic potential of keywords.
- Content Explorer: Enables users to locate and analyze the best-performing content in their sector.
- Rank Tracker: Allows users to track and compare rankings over time.
- Many tools are available, including keyword research and tracking tools.
- It works well with a variety of different tools.
- It simplifies competitor research.
- There is no free trial available.
- For larger groups, the cost can be prohibitively exorbitant.
#3. Netpeak Spider – Best User Ratings
Netpeak Spider is an excellent SEO software solution for businesses and people looking to boost their content and links. This application makes it easy to detect and correct problems. It also includes tools for competitive analysis. This is a tremendously useful tool for brands with a large amount of outdated site content that needs to be SEO optimized or enhanced. SimilarWeb, Google PageSpeed Insights, Google Mobile-Friendly Test, Google Safe Browsing, and LinkPad all work nicely with Netpeak Spider. Here are some of the most important features of Netpeak Spider:
- Conduct an in-depth on-page SEO audit.
- Locate and correct any connecting flaws or errors.
- Enhance your internal connection approach.
- View data from your website by segment.
- Examine your competitors’ SEO strategies.
- Set up crawl rules to automatically notify you of issues that need to be resolved.
- Examine the page load times generated by Google Page Speed Insights.
- It is quite inexpensive.
- It’s an easy-to-use tool.
- It works well with Google tools.
- Mac is not currently supported.
- Learning how to use all of the features may take some time.
#4. Yoast – The Most Convenient
Yoast is yet another option to consider while researching SEO software. The SEO software includes a number of tools that make it easy to increase keyword optimization when generating online content, ensuring that your material is optimized and that you prioritize the relevant keywords. It also has a readability tool built in to ensure that your material is easy to read. Yoast also contains a number of linking tools to aid in the improvement of internal linking on your site. WordPress, WooCommerce, Magento, Drupal, and BuddyBoss all work well with this plugin. Here are some of Yoast’s best features:
- Keeps note of keyword usage and keyword optimization while writing.
- Suggestions for improving your internal connecting approach
- Market links as no-follow or do-follow with ease.
- Alerts to assist with avoiding obsolete content
- Gain powerful insights into the content you made.
- Simple redirection of old and dead links
- Shows you a Google preview of your web pages.
- Check out your page on social media.
- The tool’s design is straightforward, making it simple to use.
- It works great with WordPress.
- Contains tools that assist users in improving their writing while also enhancing SEO.
- The free WordPress plugin has relatively limited functionality, necessitating the purchase of the premium version.
#5. Google Search Console – The Best Free SEO Software
Google Search Console is a completely free SEO software provided by Google. It is a search engine SEO tool that anyone may use. This tool helps website owners monitor their search presence and decide how to optimize their SEO approach. Because it is a free software, website owners should check it out and experiment with it. Here are some of Google Search Console’s best features:
- A comprehensive keyword analysis of a website’s ranking keywords
- View the number of impressions for individual search queries.
- Examine which search queries result in clicks.
- Receive alerts about website and search issues, as well as suggestions for improvements.
- Look for ways to make a website more mobile-friendly.
- Submit new web pages for Google to crawl and index, as well as requests for re-indexing of updated pages.
- Examine which websites link to yours.
- Submit sitemaps to Google directly.
- It is entirely free to use.
- It’s a feature-rich tool.
- It’s simple to use.
- It is not as sophisticated as other premium SEO tools.
#6. Conductor Searchlight – Best Customer Service
Another effective SEO software solution is Conductor. It’s a platform that combines SEO marketing and content marketing tools, allowing customers to boost their SEO rankings by making the necessary changes. This software supports custom reporting and provides thorough competitor info. The design is user-friendly, according to subscribers. All subscription fees are calculated on an individual or company-by-person basis. A free trial is offered to evaluate the SEO software platform’s functionality. Here are some of the Conductor’s significant features:
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and Google Search Console are all well-integrated.
- Allows users to keep track of their competitors.
- Includes an on-page editor for making quick adjustments to text and optimization.
- Provides a Chrome Extension for on-the-go SEO.
- SEO that works with both paid and organic search
- Keyword research and tracking tools are included.
- Users may easily monitor SEO progress over time.
- This software comes with a number of tools.
- It provides outstanding reporting capabilities.
- Pricing is bespoke, and businesses must contact us to discuss their specific needs and goals in order to receive a pricing quote.
#7. SEO Panel – The Best Open-Source Alternative
Another SEO software is SEO Panel. Users can access it over the cloud or by installing the software on their Mac or Windows devices. Unlike many of the other tools described in this article, SEO Panel is free-to-use open-source software. It has some fantastic features that can assist users to enhance their SEO rankings. Here are some of this powerful free SEO software best features:
- Examine the keyword ranking position for the specified keywords.
- Submit webpages to directories automatically
- Examine your social media profiles.
- The SEO audit tool can provide you with useful information.
- Examine the Google and Alex rankings.
- Learn about page load times.
- Moz page rank, domain authority, and page authority should all be checked.
- Import keyword lists with ease.
- Examine backlinks
- It is completely free to use.
- It is simple to use.
- Provides capabilities akin to paid SEO software brands
- Some users may discover some limits.
#8. SEOptimer – Best White Label Reports
SEOptimer is an SEO software solution that runs on the web. The company’s tools can also be accessed through extensions, which are available for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. This tool has numerous features such as keyword research and tracking tools, SEO audit tools, and SEO reporting tools. SEO businesses will like the reporting tools’ ability to provide white-label reports. This tool works nicely in conjunction with SE Ranking, Semrush, Ubersuggest, Ahrefs, and Google Search Console. SEOptimer is reasonably priced, starting at $19 each month. Individuals who want to test out its features can also take advantage of a 14-day free trial. This software allows you to do the following:
- Crawl web pages easily to discover faults and observe findings in real time.
- Determine which pages may be improved to boost rankings.
- Conduct thorough SEO audits to identify potential improvements.
- Create white-label SEO audit reports for customers.
- View real-time keyword rankings
- Create keyword suggestions
- Monitor keyword rankings over time.
- It is not costly.
- Powerful auditing tools are included.
- For agencies and SEO teams, white-label reports are available.
- More social media insights would be beneficial.
- There are fewer features than other, more expensive tools.
#9. Link Research Tools – Best for Link Building
Another SEO software tool to explore is Link Research Tools. This is mostly a link-focused tool. It can assist businesses in determining which links are harming their website and SEO and which link opportunities should be included in their link-building strategy. This tool also features strong reporting tools, allowing brands to examine key data and make necessary strategic changes to improve their SEO. Some of the most important characteristics of Link Research Tools are as follows:
- Keyword research tools
- Link management tools
- Tools for competitor analysis
- Provides browser extensions
- Tools for increasing the pace of link crawling
- Backlink notification in real time
- Tool for analyzing URLs in bulk
- Google Analytics, SEMrush, Intercom, ActiveCampaign, and Adobe Spark are all compatible.
- Many tools are included to assist businesses in improving their link-building approach.
- Monitors backlinks in real-time.
- Tools for competitive analysis are included.
- There is no free trial period.
- Smaller teams may find it prohibitively expensive.
#10. KWFinder – The Best Keyword Research Tool
KWFinder by Mangools is an excellent keyword research tool that can assist businesses in improving their SEO results. This tool helps brands uncover more keywords to potentially rank for, and it also provides tools that allow users to see what their competitors rank for, allowing them to make SEO strategy improvements. This SEO software is reasonably priced, and a free trial is offered. Because keywords are such an important element of SEO, this is a wonderful tool even for firms who are just getting started with SEO. KWFinder allows you to do the following:
- Look for long-tail keywords.
- Determine the keywords your competitors are ranking for.
- Sort keywords into a list.
- Import a keyword list in bulk.
- Locate local keywords
- Examine search volume and other important keyword information.
- Use the integrated tracking tools to keep track of your ranking.
- Avoid using unprofitable keywords.
- It is a low-cost tool.
- It has a simple user interface.
- It concentrates on keyword research tools and doesn’t have as many additional features as other SEO software solutions
Best Free SEO Software Tools
Here is a sample of the best free SEO software tools accessible today:
- SEO Analyzer: Simply type your web address into the SEO Analyzer review bar, and the tool reveals SEO errors and tips for better optimizing your site content. Be patient; it can take several minutes for the Analyzer to process your data.
- Google Search Console (GSC): Use GSC to identify the keywords your site is already ranking for, which pages are ranking for which keywords and troubleshoot problem areas on your website that may be influencing your Google Search results.
- Google Keyword Planner (GKP): Access GKP within your free Google Adwords account to explore keywords that you may use to optimize your content for search.
- AnswerThePublic (ATP): This visual SEO tool delivers keyword information on queries people ask on Google. The free edition of ATP provides you with up to three searches a day.
- PageSpeed Insights (PSI): If you want to rank higher on Google, it’s crucial that your website loads quickly. Google’s PSI tool examines your site’s performance on both mobile and desktop devices and then gives precise advice on how to improve site load times.
- SEOquake: Install this free Chrome extension, which gives you an SEO toolbar that provides insights on where the site ranks on Google, backlinks to the site, SERP rankings and more.
How We Chose the Best SEO Software
For people and brands who wish to increase their organic search ranks, search engine optimization (SEO) software can help. But with so many SEO software companies on the market, it may get difficult trying to compare all of their features and capabilities.
To assist you to identify the best fit for your business, we analyzed over 80 SEO software vendors and refined the list based on the three most critical elements — their search ranking features, integrations, and reporting capabilities.
#1. Search Ranking Features
We analyzed the most essential search ranking factors when looking at software solutions. Chief among them is good keyword research and keyword tracking tools. But the best SEO software should also offer other capabilities, including competitor analysis tools, to help you outrun your competitors.
When choosing SEO software, it’s crucial to make sure that it connects nicely with other software that’s integral to your workflow. We chose software that fits effectively with the tools you’ve previously acquired.
We chose SEO software with thorough reporting tools that make it easier for users to assess their data and make the required changes that will boost their search rankings.
Benefits of SEO Software
There are several benefits to employing SEO software. Here are some of the major benefits of SEO software:
#1. Automated reporting
The best SEO software lets you automate reporting by extracting data points for you. SEO software should also allow you to set up bespoke reports that aggregate the KPIs you need to report up the ladder.
#2. Better search ranks.
By using your SEO software’s keyword research tools and analyzing the data pulled into your custom reports, you may design an SEO strategy that involves some mix of website changes, quality backlinks, and a social media campaign. By helping to influence your SEO strategy, SEO software should assist you to climb the rankings in the SERPs.
#3. Higher-quality traffic.
With a properly tuned SEO plan, your business can better target the correct prospects, making for higher-quality organic search traffic.
What are the Must-Have Features of SEO Software?
Not all SEO software has the same features and capabilities. The most typical SEO software functions include:
#1. Keyword research tools.
SEO software should make it easy to locate the most relevant keywords for your business. In addition to providing keyword suggestions, your SEO software should offer monthly average search traffic and associated inquiries.
#2. Good reporting features.
It should be straightforward for you to generate bespoke reports for your entire SEO strategy as well as comparison charts and a ranking status for each phrase you’re targeting.
#3. Competitor analysis tools.
It should be feasible to have a look at the competitors in your market to see where they stand with their keyword rankings, backlinks, and overall organic traffic.
#4. Link management tools.
SEO software should also contain link management tools to help users fix broken links, detect linking problems, and optimize their backlink strategy.
#5. Website monitoring tools.
SEO software should also offer website monitoring tools to warn users when new mistakes or concerns are identified.
What is the Cost of SEO Software
The cost of SEO software varies substantially depending on the features and capabilities that are included and the size of the business that is subscribing to the tool. Users may expect to pay at least $30 per month for a monthly subscription, however, a monthly rate of $50 to $60 is more frequent.
For larger teams, SEO software can cost a few hundred dollars per month. Very few SEO software alternatives offer lifetime access membership, but some do. This can be a wonderful approach to save on the cost of this software expense and cut down on membership fees. Many SEO software businesses offer rate cuts for annual billing. Finally, some free SEO software tools exist, but they may have too many limits to make them worth your while.
SEO Software FAQs
How much does SEO cost for a small business?
The average cost of SEO for Small businesses is $501-$1,000 per month internationally, according to a survey of 1,200 business owners and over 350 firms, freelancers, and consultants. The average monthly cost of SEO for small firms in the United States is from $2,501 to $5,000.
What does SEO do for your website?
The SEO method seeks to improve a company’s organic search rankings, hence boosting organic search traffic to the site. This allows data marketers to differentiate between traffic from other channels, such as paid search, social media, referrals, and direct, and traffic from organic search.
What is a backlink in SEO?
Links on other websites that go back to a page on your website. Backlinks are also known as inbound links since they indicate traffic from another website that is directed to your own. Backlinks of varying quality and number might help you rank better in search engines like Google and Bing.
- SEO Management Tools: Meaning, Free, and Best SEO Tools 
- Best 15 Marketing Software For Small Businesses In 2022
- 6 Tools For Running a Successful Startup
- PAY PER CLICK ADVERTISING (PPC): Costs And Top 7 Agencies
- 7 Marketing Tips to Stay On Top Of The Game