All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved Post Graduate Diploma in Management PGDM is a professional management course that has been designed to offer proficiencies to students in business functions like Business Analytics, Finance, Organizational Behavior, Marketing, Operations, HR, etc so that they can handle challenges posed by the ever-varying economic scenario that is impacting the business. PGDM course equips students with diverse perspectives related to strategic and critical thinking, management, global best practices, managing leadership roles, etc.
This course can only be pursued upon completion of graduation and is crafted to empower the generation with innovative thinking so that they can face the challenges of the corporate world.
Specializations for PGDM course
While planning for the PGDM course, you must identify the specialization that you want to pursue. Following are the various specializations:
- Entrepreneurship, start-up, and family business: This is concerned with equipping students with proficiency in launching a business from scratch or transforming an existing one keeping in mind the changing domestic & global ecosystems. Furthermore, this specialization will also offer an understanding of how domestic and global investments work, ways to seek funding, and techniques required in running the business efficiently and effectively.
- Digital business and e-commerce: This is concerned with key fundamentals required in building a digital-ready business- digital business strategy, marketing strategy, helping to navigate through the digital disruptions, developing a disruptive digital business model based on customer-centric product and essential digital leadership required to lead the business to success.
- Business analytics and data science: This specialization is the backbone of a successful business. This discipline is aimed at mapping market trends; consumer behavior besides offering predictions & deep insights on various aspects that facilitates sound business decisions. This specialization equips students with a deep understanding of fundamentals along with offering them exposure through working in a real-time environment.
- Marketing and communication: This is concerned with brand communication, positioning, and sales of products and /or services of the company. This is perfect for those who are outgoing, ambitious, and have good communication and networking skills.
- In order to interpret research and utilize business and financial data, you must have skills with numbers
- You must have the problem-solving capability so as to handle complex & unpredictable issues.
- To communicate ideas effectively to stakeholders and have their support, you must have persuasive communication skills
- You must display multi-tasking as well as organizational skills in order to manage multiple projects and deadlines along with the ability to handle resources so as to get better ROI
- Ability to take fast and informed decisions
- Self-reliant and capable of taking initiatives
- Networking skills to team up with diverse teams from different disciplines
To know more about PGDM course, you can visit various websites to gather information and then enroll in a college that offers:
- Industry-oriented program and must be recognized by AICTE
- The college must make sure that students gain experiential learning and diverse perspective about various industries.
- The college must offer students proper exposure through internships, regular interaction with CEOs who can impart wisdom in running & transforming businesses as well as handling people, and interaction with faculty from partner global universities for imparting a global perspective
- So, the college must have a startup program to support the budding entrepreneurs both financially as well as through academic guidance
Just register now and walk the path of success.