Table of Contents Hide
- Employee Evaluation
- Employee Evaluation Template
- Employee Evaluation Examples
- Employee Evaluation Form
- What is employee evaluation?
- How do you evaluate your employees?
- What are the 3 purposes of employee evaluation?
- Related Articles
An employee evaluation is a tool used by an employer in a workspace to evaluate an employee. Over time, evaluation has been regular and frequent in a lot of work environments, so for new employers and employees, it is important to have knowledge of what an evaluation entails. Meanwhile, because of a digitizing world, employee evaluation is no longer as tedious as it used to be because you can now find a good template, form, and as many examples as you need online. However, finding them online isn’t a complete task. This is because, when you find them, you will also need to understand how they work. Read further to understand the important details of an employee evaluation.
An employee evaluation is a tool in the workplace, typically used to review the performance of an employee. Usually, it’s the employee’s supervisor or even a senior manager who is responsible for evaluating the employee. Employee evaluation takes place in private conferences for most businesses.
Furthermore, employee evaluation is an important part of every company. This is because employees are an essential part of a business. Meanwhile, you can say they are the most essential part because nothing can typically be done without them. It is because of the importance of employees that we have an employee evaluation. In other words, you need to evaluate your employees properly to have a healthy and active business. The process of employee evaluation includes the following:
- An assessment of how well the employee is doing may come in the form of rating their strengths and weaknesses in key areas. Most of the time, it’s the supervisor and manager that discuss the key areas where the employees need assessment.
- Assessing employees is through goals. For instance, sometimes the employee may voluntarily offer a goal, while other times it will be set by his boss. In this, situation, if there is a significantly underperforming employee, he/she can be given a performance improvement plan, which includes details of specific goals that they must meet in order to maintain their job.
Understanding Employee Evaluation
The third employee evaluation I will be sharing in this post includes feedback from a worker’s fellow employees and supervisors. An employee should have the opportunity to share their feelings, concerns, and suggestions about the workplace. Also, details about the workplace, as well as the criteria for promotions and pay raises, should be properly expressed by employees. Often, at times, most companies take their employee evaluations seriously, increase the pay, or even promote employees who perform very well in their last review. Again, what many companies don’t understand is that when you deny employees a raise in pay or promotion when deserved, it typically breeds bad reviews, which in turn, affect the economic growth of the company.
The range at which this evaluation and policies concerning employees are typically different from one workplace to another is also different. In some workplaces, this evaluation is given to a new employee after the probationary period lapses. While other companies give this evaluation while the employment processing is going on for employees. This evaluation occurs on a regular basis (such as every year). Note that, according to the Performance Management survey, 96% of employers perform this evaluation annually, while 44% of employers perform a 90-day performance review for new employees.
Employee Evaluation Template
Undoubtedly, employee evaluation is a method of reviewing employees in a workplace. Employee evaluation is not new in the workplace. This is because it has been going on in serious organizations even before it became digitalized.
Currently, you can find the best employee evaluation template online for your business. You can also find a good-quality template for employee evaluation. If you come across one that best suits and defines your business, you can typically easily use them.
A good employee evaluation template not only saves time for business owners but also serves a great deal of essence. So, check out various employee evaluation templates both for good performance review and quarterly check review here; quantum workplace. You have a wide range of choices of employee evaluation templates to pick from and an organized template for your business.
Employee Evaluation Examples
Employee evaluation examples basically involve skills an employee should have in order to get a good evaluation by their employers. A lot of performances by employees have their reviews categorized as employee evaluation.
The examples or phrases you use in a performance review show its overall effectiveness. A good employee evaluation should discuss an employee’s strengths. as well as the areas of improvement in a way that is constructive and motivating. Here is a list of examples of performance review phrases depending on your business.
Creativity and innovation
Creativity is among the examples of an important employee evaluation skill in the workplace. especially for creative thinking and general problem-solving. Some of the examples an employee can express in their performance include
- Applying creative thinking to actualize the vision of the company
- Suggests new ideas most of the time. especially in meetings or on projects.
- Innovative development of new ways of thinking in order to enhance the company’s performance
Adaptability is an essential example of employee evaluation. This is because this skill is important for major changes and accepting as well as complying with new ways of the company. Some examples where an employee can show adaptability include:
- When they are ready to adjust their schedule to be available, especially if they are needed.
- Where they Quickly adapt to changes in the performance of duties.
Effective communication, especially with your supervisors, colleagues, and clients, is important in every company. Here are some examples that you can use when you give your performance review:
- Employees that effectively communicate with colleagues, supervisors, partners, and customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Clearly communicating ideas, thoughts, and visions, especially when necessary in team meetings and conferences.
- When an employee is a constructive communicator.
Accountability is one of the major examples of employee evaluation and can easily pass as the most important of them. This accountability can also be expressed in managing the business’s funds. This is why, employees should strive to be accountable for their work, take responsibility for mistakes they make, as well as try their best to solve the mistakes. The simple benefits of accountability in a business area are that it saves time and also shows an employee’s integrity. Some of the examples of an employee accountability evaluation include:
- When an employee takes responsibility for the company’s success as well as loss and also accepts responsibility for himself and his contribution as a team member.
- When an employee accepts correction for mistakes and errors, as well as instructs others when they are unable to keep a commitment.
Attendance and punctuality
Attendance and reliability are important factors in evaluating the examples of an employee’s performance. This is a requirement at most workplaces. While evaluating an employee’s attendance and punctuality performance, these are some examples you should consider :
- Arrives on time for work, including for meetings and conferences.
- When the employee has a good attendance record as well as abides by the standard attendance policy.
Productivity and quality of work
Productivity is important, especially during work hours. This is because it contributes to the company’s goals. Here are some examples you can consider when you give a performance review on productivity and quality of work in your company:
- Any employee that contributes to the general performance of the company through high-quality work
- employees that strive to improve profits through general productivity and performance targets.
- Any employee that exhibits strong time-management and organizational skills
Giving effective feedback on performance reviews is the sector where employee achievement is mentioned. Some of the examples that will help you recognize your employee’s achievements include:
- Setting well-thought-out goals as well as striving to achieve these goals.
Cooperation entails an employee’s willingness to cooperate with their coworkers in order to make sure all team projects and daily tasks are organized, completed, and on time. Some of the examples of cooperation you should consider in order to give a performance review include:
- When an employee exhibits a cooperative spirit by performing tasks to contribute to the growth of the company or a project.
- If an employee promotes cooperation well in order to ensure that his or her colleagues work as a team, especially in meeting deadlines or targets
Coaching and Training
Among the examples of an employee, evaluation is coaching. This basically means assisting employees in order to improve their performance. Employees, on their part, should also ensure that they make themselves coachable so that it can be easier on the coaches as well as achieve its purpose. Some of the examples of coaching and training ability on the part of employees include:
- The employee will typically accept coaching in different job duties as well as apply the training to improve their skills.
- An employee will also ask for more training or questions when processes aren’t clear or understood.
There is always room for improvement among employees. Also note that it is important to give employee-specific feedback, especially regarding those sectors of their performance that need improvement. Some improvement skills that make it an employee evaluation example include:
- When an employee makes efforts to effectively overcome new challenges.
- When employees make an effort to find solutions to new issues in the business
- Continuing working on developing and maintaining professional relationships in the business
Here are some effective interpersonal skills to look out for when you give an evaluation review оn an employee:
- If the employee works effectively in a team environment to achieve tasks
- If the employee ensures a constructive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders of the business
- When the employee is an effective team player as well shown through an ever-ready attitude to help out and contribute when necessary.
Problem-solving, especially if it involves a problem, determining its cause, identifying possible solutions, and lastly, choosing the best solution to solve the problem. Some problem-solving examples include:
- When the employee exhibits the ability to independently solve difficult problems,
- If the employee knows how to work with others to find solutions to difficult problems, then the employee has problem-solving skills.
Employee Evaluation Form
An employee evaluation form is basically used to review and document an employee’s performance. This is typically important in establishing a paper trail and orderly bookkeeping in order to support the HR decisions.
The employee evaluation form is, however, different from the basic template. Meanwhile, both have templates for whichever purpose you want to archive. I discussed the templates above as well as where you can get the perfect one for your business. although there are also a lot of templates online for employee evaluation. It’s still very important that you research and choose the best employee evaluation form for your business. Here are simple steps you should follow to get an employee evaluation form they include:
- Firstly download a printable and editable employee evaluation form in PDF format.
- Then, if you want to create your own evaluation form, simply edit a free evaluation form as you wish and use it as a template.
In conclusion, every business owner knows the importance of employees to your business, because your business can typically exist without them. Therefore, it is important you evaluate an employee from time to time using the template and form as well as the numerous examples you find on this post.
What is employee evaluation?
An employee evaluation, also known as a performance review, is a periodic appraisal of an employee’s performance by their manager. It’s an opportunity to assess the employee’s progress, praise their accomplishments, and collaborate on goals to improve performance and help achieve company objectives
How do you evaluate your employees?
Performance Evaluation Tips
- Be specific. When you set goals and standards for your workers, spell out exactly what they will have to do to achieve them.
- Give deadlines
- Be realistic.
- Ensure you are honest.
- Be complete
- Evaluate performance, not personality
- Listen to your employees
What are the 3 purposes of employee evaluation?
Performance appraisal has three basic functions: (1) to provide adequate feedback to each person on his or her performance; (2) secondly, to serve as a basis for modifying or changing behavior toward more effective working habits; and (3) to provide data to managers with which they may judge future job assignments
How do you give a good employee evaluation?
Here are a few tips for choosing effective performance review phrases:
- Use specific language.
- Apply measurement-oriented language
- Use powerful action words.
- Stay positive and constructive.
- Focus on solving problems.
- Grab on to opportunities for growth.
- Focus on the individual and avoid bias.
- Treat good performance with respect