Table of Contents Hide
- VoIP Small Business Phone System
- How Does VoIP Work?
- The Top Best Options For VoIP Small Business Phone Systems in 2022
- Cheapest VoIP Small Business Phone System
- What Happens to VoIP When the Internet Is Down?
- What Software Do You Need for VoIP?
- How Do You Set Up a Business VoIP Phone?
- VoIP Small Business Phone System FAQs
- Can you use VoIP on many phones?
- What is required of a VoIP phone?
Small, medium and large enterprises can manage calls more affordably with a business VoIP phone service. VoIP eliminates the need for normal telephone lines and uses your current internet connection instead. Save a lot of money on your monthly phone bill by making your calls online using VoIP phone services provided by local businesses. Follow along as I explain how the VoIP small business phone systems works, my favorite VoIP phone number resources, my pick for the most affordable VoIP phone for small businesses, and much more.
VoIP Small Business Phone System
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) small business phone system, is a technology that enables you to place voice calls by using a broadband Internet connection rather than an ordinary (or analog) phone line. Some VoIP services might limit your ability to connect with other users of the same service.
Additionally, although some VoIP services can only be used with a computer or specialized VoIP phone, others let you use a regular phone that is connected to a VoIP adaptor. You can receive and make calls as well as send and receive messages using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), an internet phone service.
With VoIP for small businesses, you can talk, video chat, send instant messages, and more. You cannot perform these actions with landlines.
Why Do I Need VoIP For a Small Business?
- You can easily increase or decrease the number of lines and get charged accordingly. It’s a less expensive method of communication.
- Your phone carrier will only carry out the maintenance specified in your contract when using the PSTN.
- Faster customer service, effective internal communications, and more are all features of small business VoIP services.
- They are frequently less expensive than standard phone systems.
- You may monitor call length, call wait times, hold periods, and other things with a VoIP service.
- VoIP also has cutting-edge features. These consist of caller ID, call waiting, automatic call forwarding, and more.
- For your company’s needs, VoIP offers business phone numbers, extensions, or specialized plans.
- Improve customer communication by offering business phone services for websites on your website. When compared to contact forms and live chat, online phone support can occasionally be more helpful.
What Are The Disadvantages of Using VoIP?
- Since VoIP completely depends on the quality of your broadband connection, it has a major disadvantage over traditional phone lines.
- Without the internet, VoIP phone service is unavailable. However, it doesn’t stop there.
- Issues like jitter and latency might result from a poor internet connection, which can also degrade call quality.
How Does VoIP Work?
VoIP services turn your voice into a digital signal for internet transmission. It changes the signal into a standard telephone signal before it reaches the destination if you are calling a regular phone number.
VoIP enables you to place calls from a computer, a dedicated VoIP phone, or a regular phone that is connected to an adaptor.
Additionally, wireless “hot spots” in public spaces like parks, airports, and cafes let you access the Internet and maybe use VoIP services wirelessly.
The Top Best Options For VoIP Small Business Phone Systems in 2022
The following are the best VoIP small business phone systems available:
#1.Nextiva: The Overall Best
No matter if employees are working in the office, at home, or on the road, Nextiva provides everything a modern organization needs for communication.
It won’t matter if you choose Nextiva even if you don’t know exactly how a typical workday will look in a few years. This is true regardless of whether you are replacing your phone system or from scratch.
And when compared to other service providers with great ratings, it is relatively inexpensive. Starting at $14.95 a month, unlimited phone service is also available with the option to add text messaging and video conferencing for a little fee.
Other Notable Nextiva Features Include:
- Applications for mobile and desktop devices from Nextiva
- The auto attendant
- Call management voicemail to email
It won’t require a tech expert to route calls in the direction you desire. Most of the time, end users can take care of their own needs. No matter if it’s a worker setting up voicemail forwarding or a manager establishing a phone line.
#2. RingCentral: The Best No Hardware Solution
This is also among the best VoIP small business phone systems.
For any company that doesn’t want to invest in new hardware, RingCentral is a fantastic VoIP solution.
Voicemail-to-text and conferencing are two excellent features of the very reliable VoIP phone service provided by RingCentral. RingCentral offers a variety of business phone services in addition to standard phone conversations.
Additionally, you can use messaging and video conferencing. RingCentral was actually ranked first on our list of the top video conferencing services as well. The best part is that there is no new hardware. To make calls over the Internet, you can quickly start out by using your current phone number and phone.
Additionally, you have access to your business line from anywhere. Any gadget that supports phone service can be used. Obtaining a business phone number for your existing mobile is arguably the quickest and simplest process.
The price of a phone plan starts at $19.99 per user per month, but you only have to pay for it for one month at a time. You can save 33% if you pay by the year. An all-in-one plan, which starts at $27.99 per user per month with an annual contract, is required if you have 20 or more users.
#3. Ooma: The Easiest to Startup a Small Business.
For startups and small businesses, the Ooma Office works well. You have the choice of maintaining your current number or acquiring a new one from them. You can also create your own system from scratch with Ooma for small businesses searching for an all-inclusive solution.
Hardware will be a part of this, as well as separate conference phones, physical fax machines (if you prefer the old-school approach), Wi-Fi phones, IP phones, and base stations. Additionally, they’ll enable you to provide remote workers with the necessary tools by granting them remote access to office systems.
The setup is super-fast, which is the greatest part. In actuality, setting everything up takes no more than 15 minutes.
Top Ooma Office Benefits for Small Businesses Include:
- Desktop and mobile apps
- Electronic Receptionist
- SMS texting
- Call blocking for spam
- Call logging
- Visual conferences
- company listing
- customized additions
You may get Ooma with no long-term commitment and at an excellent cost. Ooma Office Pro Plus is available for as little as $29.95 per user per month. This is one of the best VoIP small business phone systems available.
Grasshopper focuses on the phone requirements of independent contractors and small enterprises. It enables you to upgrade your personal phone to include a corporate phone system.
You don’t need to purchase equipment to divide your personal and professional conversations.
Top VoIP features of Grasshopper:
- You can transfer your current number and get a free trial of vanity toll-free and local numbers.
- 24/7 assistance
- Apps for desktop and mobile
- Commercial texting
- Forwarding calls
- Transcription of a voicemail
Pricing for Grasshopper VoIP
Single: $26 monthly (1 phone number, 3 extensions)
Associated: $44 monthly (3 phone numbers, 6 extensions)
Small Business: monthly payment of $80 (5 phone numbers, unlimited extensions)
The costs are for yearly billing.
One of the most cutting-edge VoIP services available to companies of all sizes is Dialpad. Their clients range from small businesses to multinational corporations.
Dialpad is useful for many things, including video conferences and sending SMS and MMS messages. One simple PC and mobile app are used to handle all of this. Artificial intelligence is one of Dialpad’s finest features (AI). You do not need to choose a note taker because it transcripts meeting notes and phone calls.
Top VoIP features
- Two-week free trial
- 100% availability SLA AI assistant records and transcripts phone calls.
- In the US and Canada, all calls are toll-free.
- Integrations between Google Workspace and Office 365
- No end to video conferences
The standard price for Dialpad VoIP is $15 per user per month. A benefit of $25 per user per month
VoIP Vonage provider uses the cloud and offers audio, video, and message features.
Vonage offers international calling services. For businesses that make international outgoing calls, this is essential. All subscriptions include unlimited team chat, SMS messaging, and phone calls. The VoIP mobile and desktop apps, as well as the Vonage app center, are accessible.
As you upgrade, you can integrate CRMs, host sizable gatherings, record calls as needed, and more. Top Vonage VoIP Features: 20+ integrations at all levels, including Salesforce, G Suite, and Microsoft Office 365 99.999% uptime
Vonage VoIP Pricing
Mobile: $14.99 – $19.99 per line per month SMS, MMS, and Facebook Messenger recorded in Business Inboxes
$24.99 to $29.99 per line, each month, for premium
Advanced: $34.99 to $39.99 monthly per line.
The virtual company phone system, CallHippo, is simple to use. It provides customer service, solutions to pre-sale queries, and more. CallHippo lets you call more than 190 countries with a local number right away. Based on the clients’ countries of origin, they program it to advise you when it is ideal to call them.
They can also use call centers. These might include inbound and outgoing call monitoring, automatic distribution, and real-time statistics.
Features of Hippo VoIP
- Free trial
- It takes less than three minutes to set up.
- It integrates with a variety of widely used plugins and programs.
- A simple call management setup
- Effortless video conferencing
Pricing for CallHippo VoIP
Bronze: $16 for each user per month
Silver: $24 per user monthly
Platinum: $40 per month for each user
Enterprise: $48, per month for each user.
Cheapest VoIP Small Business Phone System
The least expensive option would be free VoIP phone services, which can be sufficient for ultra-small firms that are just getting started.
The best cheap VoIP phone service for small businesses is 8×8, but if you require more sophisticated capabilities, Google Voice is the most cost-effective option.
Let’s take a brief look at Google voice and 8×8 characteristics
Google Voice offers VoIP phone service at the lowest possible cost. The lowest monthly fee for the features you receive is $10 per user.
- most cost-effective business VoIP
- SMS texting and domestic calls are both unlimited.
- It integrates with the product lineup from
- Google includes 24-hour assistance
- Auto attendants are only available with more expensive plans.
- Sophisticated analytics on a premium plan
- There are international call rates.
- few customers on a cheap plan
8×8 provides top-notch VoIP service with cutting-edge features at a fair price for all plans, regardless of whether you are managing a micro-business or an enterprise.
The monthly fees for the plans, which range from $15 to $44, are reasonable, and you may save even more by choosing the annual payment option (up to 25%).
- No-fee domestic calls
- Calls abroad are free forever (on some plans).
- On all plans, video calling, and an automated receptionist
- No agreements are needed.
- Many features are only available with more expensive plans
- Time-limited recording storage
- IVR is a supplement
What Happens to VoIP When the Internet Is Down?
The internet is a requirement for VoIP phone systems. A VoIP system will not operate if the internet is down. The majority of systems have built-in fail-safe features that ensure you get all calls even if the internet is down.
As we already know, VoIP depends on your data connection, and any failure would cause a disruption.
What Software Do You Need for VoIP?
You can make use of software like RingCentral, Dialpad, Grasshopper, Nextiva, and 8×8 for your VoIP.
How Do You Set Up a Business VoIP Phone?
- You can set up a business VoIP phone system by carrying out these
- You can either choose a new phone number or port your current one.
- Recruit users for your phone system.
- To direct incoming calls, make a call flow.
- Provide users with virtual phones or IP phones (optional).
- Sync with other applications (optional)
The ability to scale makes a VoIP system the best for small organizations. It’s simple to add more lines or remove them, and you’ll be charged appropriately.
Why don’t you get your small business a VoIP phone system? This post has given you information about how VoIP phone systems for small business work, where to find VoIP phone numbers, and which VoIP phone is the most affordable for small businesses.
VoIP Small Business Phone System FAQs
Can you use VoIP on many phones?
Yes, VoIP enables users to connect numerous devices to a single line. This implies that you can use the same number to make calls from any device.
What is required of a VoIP phone?
You need a modem and router, both of which are components of your current internet configuration, for a VoIP phone system to function. Any device with your call software downloaded can place calls.