Table of Contents Hide
- What is Lead Generation Software?
- What are the Types of Lead Generation?
- Our Best Sales Lead Generation Tools and Software Recommendations
- Free B2B Lead Generation Software and Tools
- Email address lookup applications
- Email follow-up applications
- Sales Lead Generation Software – Email and form submission
- Email Marketing Software
- Tools for Creating Landing Pages and Capturing Leads
- Complete Marketing Automation and CRM Software
- Live chat software and live chat tools
- Software for Social Media and Forums
- Social Media Applications
- Survey Software and Tools
- How do you choose the best lead generation program?
Your company is like a fish without water and without new leads. It will eventually perish, and at a quick rate. Many businesses have opted out of lead generation efforts in order to depend on word-of-mouth marketing, but this has not always worked.
Unless you have a great reputation and a huge reach, you shouldn’t rely solely on word-of-mouth marketing. That’s why we have reviewed 47 free and paid lead generation software that will help you produce leads and handle them swiftly and effectively.
What is Lead Generation Software?
Before you begin developing your sales funnel, it is critical to understand the different types of marketing software solutions that target different stages of the funnel to maximize conversions. After automating their marketing workflows, 80% of marketers see an increase in leads, and 77% see an increase in conversion rates.
Lead generation software is a marketing automation solution that assists firms in generating leads online. It focuses on the top of the funnel, gathering contact information from prospects so that you may market to them. Some prospects will eventually convert and create income for a company as they go down the funnel. Lead generation software enhances conversions and, eventually, revenue by delivering you more leads.
What are the Types of Lead Generation?
Outbound lead generation and inbound lead generation are the two main forms of lead generation software. Some lead generation tools will incorporate elements for both categories, while others will focus solely on one.
Before you commit to a lead generation platform, ask yourself these critical questions about how you presently generate leads. And how you intend to locate them in the future. Investing in software that contains functions for both inbound and outbound lead generation is the best option. As a result, you can mix the two ways for maximum impact.
#1. Outbound Lead Generation
Outbound lead generation involves making contact with people who are unfamiliar with your company. Cold calling, sales prospecting emails, direct mailing, and live events are examples of such practices.
When it comes to B2B sales, outbound lead generation is more common. This is due to the fact that everything you’re offering is intended to help others generate money. That puts you in a fantastic position to capture their attention.
Outbound lead generation is time-consuming. However, it is a tried-and-true approach of attracting the attention of those who would otherwise never hear of your goods. It’s also a wonderful approach to get your brand in front of customers before the competition.
People who need your product or service the most may not put themselves in your path, so you must go to them.
Outbound lead generation platforms typically provide the following features:
- Sales Dialer
- Contact Management Software
- Pay-per-click marketing
- Sales CRM
- Sales tracking
- Sales email templates
- Email Automation
#2. Inbound Lead Generation
Inbound lead generation is developing content and advertising that encourages potential customers to contact you. It’s more prevalent in B2C sectors, where “salesy” approaches can appear deceptive or forceful.
The majority of inbound lead generation activity is digital, which means it is more cost-effective. However, inbound lead generation is waiting for individuals to find you and contact you, which means they may also be contacting the competitors at the same time.
With inbound lead generation, you create content that will naturally draw leads to you. Keep the following features in mind when looking for software with inbound lead generation tools:
- Creating a landing page
- Internet Forms
- Real-time Chatbots
- Survey Forms
- Visitors Tracking
- Content production & delivery
Our Best Sales Lead Generation Tools and Software Recommendations
We will now go over the 65 best B2B free lead generation software and tools for 2022:
Free B2B Lead Generation Software and Tools
- Pricing: 14-day free trial, with premium subscriptions beginning at $79/month.
- G2 rating: 4.3 stars (Based on 575 reviews)
Leadfeeder tells you which businesses visit your website, even if they never complete a form or contact you.
It also displays contact information for the company’s personnel. This enables you to contact people who have never asked about your product or to time your outreach to potential leads in your sales pipeline.
To experience Leadeeder, just download and install the Leadfeeder Tracker (it takes less than 5 minutes!).
Paid plans begin at $79 per month and include a 14-day free trial.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $74/month (annually) or $89/month (monthly) (monthly)
- Capterra rating: 4.2 stars out of 5
Prospect.io is a modern sales automation tool that works seamlessly with Salesforce, Pipedrive, Close.io, and HubSpot. Prospect.io’s Chrome extension allows you to locate prospects with a single click and run cold email campaigns directly from your browser in seconds.
It takes time and effort to look for new leads. With Prospect.io, you can concentrate on what matters most: selling to decision-makers.
Their basic plan begins at $78 per month (if paid yearly), while their business plan begins at $129 per month (if paid annually), with rates increase based on the number of credits required.
- Pricing: Please contact them for pricing; they offer a free trial.
- G2 rating: 3.9/5 stars based on 380 reviews
Hoovers is a sales acceleration platform that enables firms to harness data and analytics to build lists and connect with prospects more quickly. Informed dialogues, automated process software, real-time notifications, and customized buyer intent data are among the features.
Email address lookup applications
These tools aid in the automation of the process of locating someone’s email address.
- Pricing: Up to 25 requests per month are free; plans begin at $49/month with a free option.
- G2 Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars.
By entering the person’s name and firm, Hunter can help you find emails. You may also search for all emails from a particular company. The tool is free to use for up to 25 email searches and 50 email verifications per month. Paid subscriptions begin at $49 per month for 500 searches and 1000 verifications.
#5. Voila Norbert
Pricing: Free to find up to 50 emails; plans start at $49/month
G2 gives it 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Voila Norbert is a sales tool that aids in the discovery of email addresses. Simply input the name of the person you want to view an email for, as well as the company they work for, and Norbert will find the email address for you. It is also possible to identify emails in bulk. In addition to premium plans, pay-as-you-go plans starting at $50/500 credits are available.
Email follow-up applications
If you perform a lot of cold email outreach or your sales technique necessitates frequent follow-up with prospects, these tools will assist you in keeping track of your outreach activities.
#6. Boomerang For Gmail
- Pricing: Free with ten message credits per month; premium plans begin at $4.99 per month.
- G2 rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Boomerang is a Gmail plugin for scheduling emails. When you don’t receive a response from the person you messaged, it’s also useful to deliver emails back to your inbox. For example, if the person does not respond within two days, you can return the email to your inbox. This aids the organization when following up with prospects.
#7. HubSpot Sales
- Pricing: Free, with premium options starting at $50 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 658 reviews)
HubSpot Sales is part of Hubspot’s whole marketing and sales platform. The ability to track email openings is one of HubSpot Sales’ best tools. HubSpot Sales includes a Gmail extension that lets you choose which emails to track. When a prospect opens an email, you will be notified.
#8. Yet Another Mail Merge
- Pricing: Free for one user and up to 50 recipients per day, $24 for 400 emails per day.
- Capterra rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Another Mail Merge is a Google Sheets Extension that monitors email open rates. This application allows you to send bulk emails, schedule and customize emails, monitor who opened your email and follow up based on who opened your email, who didn’t open your email, and so on.
The lead generation software is free for up to 50 emails every day, with subscription plans starting at $23/year for up to 400 emails per day.
Sales Lead Generation Software – Email and form submission
These lead generators are all about gathering emails from visitors to your website in order to create your email list for future drip campaigns or content promotion.
- Pricing: Up to 50 emails per month are free; premium plans begin at $39/month.
- Chrome Web Store rating: 4.9
Snov.io is a multipurpose application that collects emails from a company’s website, retrieves emails based on personal and domain names, locates emails on Google and LinkedIn, and much more.
Through automated outreach and lead research, the B2B lead generation software platform also assists with nurturing.
#10. The Global Database
- Pricing: This is available upon request and is dependent on the number of areas, industries, and other particular requirements.
- G2 Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Through an online platform with an advanced filtering system, Global Database provides verified and up-to-date business information. You can obtain contact information for organizations that match your ideal lead profile, with a specific financial state, credit risk, market position, or digital presence. All you have to do is select various criteria based on your needs or use one of the company’s integrated workflow solutions.
- Pricing: Free, with paid subscriptions beginning at $49/month.
- GetApp rating: 4/5 stars (Based on 7 reviews)
Sumo is a popular tool for listing, building, and harvesting email addresses on your website. Popups, slide-in popups, and welcome mats are all available using the tool (a popup email opt-in that covers an entire page).
The application also includes a floating social share button on your site and heat maps to help you figure out where your visitors are clicking on your site. The lead generation software is available for free use (with Sumo branding on popups and the social share bar).
- Pricing: $23 one-time fee for a paid WordPress plugin
- N/A rating
Another tool for showing popup forms on your website is ConvertPlus. Instead of a SaaS service, this technology is available as a WordPress plugin.
It includes many of the same capabilities as Sumo, such as timed popups, % of page scrolled popups, exit popups, and so on. It can be a useful tool for WordPress-using businesses that cannot afford a monthly SaaS tool.
- Pricing: 14-day free trial, $49/month after that.
- Capterra rating: 4.7 stars
Create a questionnaire to collect leads and learn more about your target audience. LeadQuizzes has assisted customers in growing by capturing up to 500% more internet leads. Furthermore, the responses you collect can help you better categorize and understand your audience.
Email Marketing Software
To take things a step further, these tools will enable you to construct email marketing campaigns as well as automatic email drip campaigns. You may continue to educate subscribers and eventually convert them into prospective sales by using email marketing.
- Pricing: Free, with premium subscriptions beginning at $9.99/month.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 2295 reviews)
MailChimp is one of the most popular and user-friendly email marketing solutions available today. One of its best features is its simple, drag-and-drop email builder. Email automation is also available through MailChimp. The B2B lead generation software platform is free to use for storing up to 2,000 email contacts and sending out 12,000 emails every month. Following that, paid plans begin at $14/month.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $9 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 76 reviews)
Another well-known email marketing tool is ActiveCampaign. While ActiveCampaign’s email builder isn’t as sophisticated as MailChimp’s, ActiveCampaign’s email automation editor is more powerful.
They also provide other marketing tools such as landing page templates, segmenting, Facebook custom audiences, contact scoring, SMS marketing, and more.
- Pricing: Free, with premium subscriptions starting at $25 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 119 reviews)
SendinBlue is one of the more economical email marketing choices, with subscription plans starting at $25 per month. You can send up to 10,000 emails each month with this subscription. SendinBlue’s services all provide unlimited email contact storage.
Tools for Creating Landing Pages and Capturing Leads
You may use these lead generation software packages to develop bespoke landing pages and lead capture forms for your website. These are beneficial when attempting to entice visitors to sign up for an ebook, a demo request, or a sales call.
- Paid plans begin at $80 per month for up to 20,000 visitors and 500 conversions.
- GetApp has a rating of 5/5 stars (Based on 48 reviews)
Unbounce is a tool for creating personalized landing pages. The platform has a drag-and-drop landing page builder as well as a plethora of pre-built themes. A/B testing and opt-in popups are also accessible. Paid subscriptions begin at $80 a month and include a 30-day free trial.
- Pricing: Paid subscriptions begin at $499 per month.
- GetApp rating: of 4.5/5 stars (Based on 144 reviews)
Instapage, another popular landing page builder, interacts with well-known email marketing and CRM platforms such as Zapier, Hubspot, MailChimp, and Salesforce. The application includes a drag-and-drop landing page builder as well as other useful features like A/B testing, lead collection forms, conversion metrics, and heat maps.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $27 per month.
- Capterra rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Leadpages bills itself as the “#1 Landing Page Builder.” While we can’t say it’s the best, it does include a really well-designed drag-and-drop builder that is extremely simple to use. Furthermore, the platform allows you to create Facebook advertising straight within the application, and it even includes built-in payment capabilities for forms.
- Pricing: Paid subscriptions begin at $97 per month.
- GetApp rating: of 4.5/5 stars (Based on 11 reviews)
Clickfunnels is an all-in-one sales funnel and landing page builder. You may use the tool to choose from a variety of sales funnels and then design the process from there, including adding subscribers to your email list and collecting money. There is a 14-day free trial available, with subscription options beginning at $97/month after that.
- Basic Package costs $79.50 per year (1 site, unlimited landing pages, etc.)
- n/a rating (5 out of 5 stars on G2, but based on 1 review)
SeedProd is a WordPress landing page builder that allows creating of customized landing pages that convert easier than ever. It is used by over 1 million professionals and includes a drag-and-drop page builder, live previews, layout navigation tools, templates, and a revision history tool in case of an error.
- Pricing: Annual plans begin at $299.50.
- G2 rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 485 reviews.
WPForms is one of the most widely used drag-and-drop WordPress form builders. It is used by over 4 million professionals to create smarter forms and surveys. Sales and marketing teams can develop bespoke lead generation forms, collect audience information, and collect payments.
WPForms is also compatible with many of your favorite sales and marketing solutions, such as Salesforce, ActiveCampaign, and Zapier.
Complete Marketing Automation and CRM Software
All-in-one marketing and automation software eliminate the need to integrate various platforms (such as your email marketing provider, landing page builder, popup builder, and so on) and instead combines all of these tools into a single fantastic B2B lead generation software platform.
- Pricing: Free plans start at $45 per month, while premium options vary depending on whatever services you require.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 1394 reviews)
HubSpot is one of the most popular and well-known platforms for SaaS enterprises and agencies on the market. The all-in-one marketing and CRM solution include tools for managing contacts, blogging, developing landing pages, generating new leads, and more. Pricing is mostly determined by the functionality required, as HubSpot is comprised of three major platforms: HubSpot CRM, HubSpot Sales, and HubSpot Marketing. However, all three B2B lead generation software and tools provide free options.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $900 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4/5 stars (Based on 292 reviews)
Marketo is yet another all-in-one solution including lead management, lead scoring, email marketing, email automation, and analytics. Again, the cost will be heavily influenced by the features you require, and you will need to contact sales to obtain pricing information. However, we’ve seen packages begin at around $900 per month.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $1,250 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on 254 reviews)
You may use Pardot (now part of Salesforce) to construct landing pages, run A/B tests, gather leads, integrate Google Adwords, develop email campaigns, and set up email automation. There is no free trial, however, you can view a demo by completing a lead form on Pardot’s website.
- Pricing: Paid subscriptions begin at $79/month for the first five months, with a 14-day free trial available.
- GetApp rating: 4/5 stars (Based on 398 reviews)
Keap is an all-in-one marketing automation and CRM system. Contacts can be managed, leads can be scored, automated email campaigns can be created, landing pages can be created, website visitors can be tracked, and much more. They provide a 14-day free trial period.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $400 per month.
- GetApp rating: 4/5 stars (Based on 398 reviews)
SharpSpring is a less well-known all-in-one solution, but it offers many of the same benefits as the top providers. Lead management, lead scoring, email marketing, landing pages, chatbots, pipeline management, and email automation are all available on the platform. Pricing for 1,500 contacts begins at $399 per month.
#28. Constant Contact
- Pricing: Email marketing has tier pricing starting at $20 per month (other tools priced separately)
- Capterra rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Constant Contact is an email marketing and automation solution that simplifies the creation and distribution of branded emails, the management of your website, and the usage of social media to bring leads to your site. Website builders, email segmentation, SEO tools, and deep analytics tools are among the features available, allowing you to collect more of that sweet, sweet data.
Constant Contact is best suited for small enterprises, so be sure it meets your requirements before signing up.
Live chat software and live chat tools
Live chat tools enable your team to capture the attention of site visitors by displaying a conversation bubble on any pages you specify. This allows potential buyers to contact you immediately and ask questions about your goods.
Here are a few free lead generation software and tools, as well as a few paid options.
- Pricing: There are no plans advertised on the site, but it is rumored that they start at $49/month.
- GetApp rating: 4/5 stars (Based on 103 reviews)
Intercom is another application that can be used to provide live chat on your website. It includes options for managing conversations, sending targeted messages, and publishing support pages on your website in addition to live chat. Although there are no free plans, you can request a demo.
- Pricing: Free, with a monthly fee of $19 to eliminate branding.
- Capterra rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Tawk.to is a live chat application that is comparable to Drift and Intercom. The program is free to use and includes Tawk branding on the chat widgets. The firm branding is then removed for $19 per month. It takes less than a minute to set up, and you can monitor and track your progress over time.
- Pricing: There is no pricing information on the website; premium plans are expected to start at $90 per month per user.
- G2 Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Acquire.io is a live chat application that allows you to respond to consumer questions in real-time. You can use a lead bot to automate a component of the chat process and qualify and convert leads more quickly. Paid plans begin at $90 per month for one user.
- Pricing: Up to 15 leads per month are free, up to 30 leads are $29 per month, and up to 150 leads are $119 per month.
- Capterra Rating: 4.3 stars out of 5.
Want to boost the amount of sales calls generated by your website, reduce lead response time, and deliver better customer service? CallPage’s callback automation solution, which connects you with prospective leads in seconds, can help you get there.
Install a widget on your site, and site visitors can click to call and be connected with your team automatically.
Software for Social Media and Forums
These tools might help you save time when searching for leads on social networks like LinkedIn and Twitter.
#34. Twitter Search
- Pricing: Free Lead Generation Software
- N/A rating
You can use Twitter Search to identify people who could benefit from your business or product by searching tweets. For example, if you’re a web designer, you may use the term “web designer” to identify organizations that have tweeted that they’re looking for one. You can then retweet them or try to locate a direct employee’s contact information using one of the email tools suggested in this list.
There’s also a more complex Twitter search that allows you to use boolean operators like AND.
- Pricing: Free lead generation software.
- N/A rating
Quora is a big online community where individuals may ask questions. It’s comparable to Yahoo Answers, except Quora’s responses are often higher-quality and provide more insight. You can use Quora to find questions from your target audience and provide helpful replies. This will raise awareness of your business, product, or service. This is useful not just for the individual who asked the question, but also for future visitors who find the page using a search engine.
Social Media Applications
Lead generation software for social media contests
Running a contest can be a terrific way to get leads. Typically, the purpose is to raise brand awareness and encourage people to join your email list. You can then continue to promote to them using email drip campaigns.
The free lead generation software and tools listed below will make it simple to build and promote a viral contest.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $149/month for up to 30K leads.
- Capterra rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Vyper is a software application for launching viral contests. While it is easier said than done to make a contest go viral, Vyper allows contest participants to gain more entries by completing additional actions such as filling out a form on your website, following your social networks, or introducing a friend. You may control how many bonus entries each participant receives, increasing the likelihood that your content will be shared.
- Pricing: Free, with premium plans starting at $10 per month.
- N/A rating
Gleam works similarly to Vyper in that it allows you to establish a viral contest. While not as sophisticated as Vyper, Gleam allows you to establish contests for a variety of goals, such as increased interaction on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Eventbrite, and so on. It also interfaces with a variety of systems, like as CRMs, social media platforms, and email marketing solutions.
- Pricing: Free, with premium plans starting at $13 per month.
- Rafflecopter rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
Rafflecopter is one of the simplest tools for quickly creating a well-designed contest. Limitless prizes, unlimited entries, embedded forms, data export, and other features are available. You can try the tool for free, but before you can launch your contest, you must purchase a subscription plan starting at $13/month. Rafflecopter allows contestants to enter by email, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Pricing: Annual plans start at $39, with a one-time payment of $359 available.
- n/a rating
RafflePress is a WordPress plugin that makes managing giveaways and contests a breeze. A drag-and-drop builder, templates, a landing page builder, fraud prevention, and interfaces with CRM, email, and other marketing platforms are among the features.
Survey Software and Tools
Customer feedback and satisfaction survey tools
You can learn useful information about your target audience by using survey and customer research tools, such as which websites they visit, whether they found your website beneficial, how much they’re willing to pay, and so on.
All of this data may then be used to improve your website and sales process in order to better serve potential consumers.
The majority of them are free lead generation software, with only a few being paid.
#40. ProProfs Survey Creator
- Pricing: A 15-day free trial is available, while paid plans begin at $0.25 per response, invoiced annually.
- Capterra rating: 4.5 stars, while GetApp gives it 4.38 stars.
ProProfs Survey Maker, being a cloud-based solution, enables you to capture qualified leads and discover their problem areas. The online survey tool assists you in selecting questions that will allow your operators to identify the prospect’s purchasing intent and tailor their future encounters.
To increase the likelihood of reaching your target audience faster, distribute surveys easily via email, social media, or embed a form on your website. ProProfs Survey Maker is available for a free 15-day trial.
- Contact for pricing.
- Capterra rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
It’s vital to grasp who a leader is before reaching out to them for the first time. Crystal uses AI to anticipate anyone’s personality based on their internet footprint, assisting you in writing and speaking in the most efficient manner. It’s as if you had a coach for every talk.
- Pricing: Paid plans begin at $80 per month and are invoiced annually.
- GetApp rating: 4.5/5 stars (Based on three reviews)
Qualaroo is a feedback tool for website visitors. The application can be used to display survey and popup lead generation forms on your website. Customers can be asked questions such as, “Is our pricing transparent enough?” and “Did this page solve your question?” “, and then use that information to improve the optimization of your site.
- Pricing: Free, with premium subscriptions beginning at $89 a month for up to 1000 responses per month.
- GetApp rating: 5/5 stars (Based on 15 reviews)
Survicate is yet another method for gathering input from your target audience. You can incorporate a survey straight into an email in addition to displaying surveys or feedback forms on your site. This makes it simple to obtain feedback following customer assistance threads.
#44. Google Forms
- G2 rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars.
While it lacks the amount of connectivity and analytics provided by platforms such as Survicate or Qualaroo, Google Forms can still be used to generate surveys. The tool is simple to use, and the best part is that it is free.
- Pricing: Please contact.
- Capterra rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Extole is an enterprise referral solution that helps you convert consumers into advocates, making it easier to close sales. With integrated social sharing, refer-a-friend programs, and a reward engine for delivering customized prizes to your best consumers, it assists brands in identifying and engaging with advocates.
#46. Monkey’s Survey
- Pricing: $25 per month per user.
- Capterra rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 8300 reviews.
Survey Monkey is a consumer survey and feedback tool that assists businesses in better understanding their customers. Notable features include simple survey creation, thorough reporting capabilities, custom logos, colors, and URLs, advanced data exporting, and the option to receive fees.
- Pricing: $49 per month with a 30-day free trial.
- Capterra rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars.
ReferralCandy is an e-commerce plugin that automates referrals and affiliate marketing to help brands increase sales. Unique emails, pop-ups, and landing pages may be designed, as well as a full dashboard to track your referrals and custom prizes to drive retention and sales.
How do you choose the best lead generation program?
Because every business is different, you must be judicious about which software products you incorporate into your daily routine. Create a lead generation plan by asking yourself the following questions before investing time and money in learning a new platform.
- Are you primarily involved in inbound or outbound lead generation?
- What are your present objectives?
- What is your intended audience?
- Where do you currently get the majority of your leads?
- How do you now score leads?
- Which channels are generating the greatest interest?
- Which channels are you avoiding?
Do you currently produce engagement content such as blogs, videos, and e-books? If not, do you intend to do so in the future?
Once applied, the lead generation platform outlined above has the potential to catapult your business growth and turn things around quickly. I hope it is simple for you to choose one based on your needs.
- SALES LEADS: How to Generate Sales Lead for any Business, Explained!!!
- Lead Generation: Definition, Process, Tools, And Strategies (Simplified)
- MARKETING COLLATERAL: 19+ Types of Marketing Collateral You Need
- PROPERTY MANAGEMENT: Property Managers & Management Companies (+Top Software Picks)
- Robinhood vs Stash: Best 2022 Comprehensive Review, Comparisons & All You Need