Table of Contents Hide
- Make a Timeline on Google Docs
- Timeline Maker
- Where Is the Timeline on Google Docs?
- How Do I Make a Google Timeline Chart?
- How Do I Create a Timeline in a Document?
- How Do You Create a Timeline in Google Slides?
- Where Can I Make a Timeline?
- How Do I Create a Digital Timeline?
- How Do You Create a Timeline in PowerPoint?
- Related Articles
Making a project schedule can be highly beneficial in terms of organization and communication. It keeps everyone on track, and it also makes visualizing projects much easier. This enables improved collaboration among team members since they will be able to see who is responsible for each task and when it must be finished. Furthermore, by having a clear visual depiction of the project, you and your team can avoid overlap or missed deadlines, as well as better predict and fix any problems before they become an issue. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps of “How to make a timeline in Google Docs”, as well as other tips and tools for generating project timelines.
Make a Timeline on Google Docs
To keep your team on track, your timeline should be stored in an app that everyone can access throughout the project’s lifecycle. Google Docs, for example! Although you can perform all of these things with a Google timeline, you’ll have to manually add each detail you wish to appear on your timeline. Still, if you want to give it a shot, here’s how to make a timeline in Google Docs.
#1. Open a Google Document
If you’re new to Google Docs, start by entering drive.google.com into your browser’s URL bar. Sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already. After that, click the New button and select “Google Docs” from the drop-down option. You’ll be taken to an untitled Google document. Name the document accordingly. (You can name the document now or later; whatever works best for you.)
#2. Change the Page Orientation to Landscape.
You want as much room for your schedule as is feasible. You will need to change the page’s orientation to landscape (horizontal orientation) because Google Docs is by default set to portrait (vertical orientation). To do so, go to the File menu in the upper left-hand corner of your Google document and pick “Page setup.” The page setup box will appear. Select “Landscape,” and finally click the OK button.
#3. Activate the Drawing Tool.
To create a timeline, you’ll need the Google Docs drawing tool, which additionally doubles as Google’s chart maker. Users can utilize the built-in tool to draw lines, modify text and forms, and add color to otherwise basic and dull documents. At this point, go to the Insert menu in the upper left-hand corner of your document. Choose the Drawing option, and then click “+ New” to open a blank canvas on top of your page.
It’s important to realize that, in addition to drawing directly into a Google document, you can use Google Drawings to construct a timeline, save it to Google Drive, and subsequently insert it into your Google document once it’s finished.
#4. Construct Your Timeline.
With the drawing canvas complete, we can begin creating a timeline. Click the drop-down button next to the Line tool in the top toolbar of your drawing canvas, then select the Arrow option from the drop-down. Then, beginning at one end of your canvas, click and drag a horizontal line to construct your primary timeline. Because you want the line to be straight, use the grayed-out grid in the backdrop as a reference. To add arrows to both ends of your horizontal line, click the Line Start icon on the toolbar and subsequently select an arrow type from the drop-down box. You can additionally adjust the thickness of the line by selecting a larger pixel weight from the “Line weight” menu.
The drawing app Canva has a drop-down menu of numerous arrow types that you may add to your lines.
#5. Include Any Timetable Events or Project Tasks.
You can now add tasks or events to the project timeline. To do so, from the top toolbar, select the boxed “T” text box tool, then select an area above or below the horizontal line and enter a time or event. To resize and relocate the text box, drag a corner or side of the box. Further, to duplicate the layout and format, copy and paste the first text box. The text should then be edited as needed.
#6. Include Images
You can add photographs to your timeline to make it more visually appealing. Markedly, you can insert an image from the Image tool in the toolbar by:
- Entering an image URL
- Using your PC to upload an image
- Choosing a photo from your albums or Google Drive
- Conducting a Google search
After inserting the image, resize and position it as needed.
#7. Save the Timeline.
When you’re finished, click the blue “Save and Close” button in the top right corner to save the timeline to your Google document. Simply double-click on the timeline to return to the painting canvas and make changes. If you’re concerned that your timeline or any of its pieces aren’t properly aligned, use the Actions tool in the top toolbar to enable the horizontal and vertical guidelines.
Timeline Maker is a Google Docs application that allows you to create timelines. It’s simple to use and may be used to make timelines for a variety of applications, including:
- Documenting a project’s history
- Monitoring a project’s progress
- Making plans for a project
- Organizing your thoughts
Follow these steps to use Timeline Maker:
1. Open Google Docs and the document to which you wish to add the chronology.
2. Select Insert > Drawing > New from the menu.
3. Click the Line tool in the toolbar and select the Arrow option.
4. Make a horizontal line across the canvas.
5. Select the Text box tool and enter the events or tasks that you want to see on the timeline.
6. Text should be formatted as requested.
7. Click the Image tool and then select the image you wish to add.
8. Resize and arrange the image to your liking.
9. When you’re done, press the Save and Close button.
Where Is the Timeline on Google Docs?
To make a timeline on Google Docs, follow these steps:
- Open Google Docs and select the document to which you wish to add the timeline.
- Insert a drawing.
- Draw a horizontal line.
- Add text boxes for events or tasks.
- Format the text as requested.
- Add images.
- Resize and arrange images.
- Save and close the drawing.
- Share with others.
How Do I Make a Google Timeline Chart?
To make a Google Timeline Chart, you can follow these steps:
- Choose the data to be plotted on a timeline chart, then choose Insert on the main menu, and then Chart.
- Navigate to the Chart editor and then click the drop-down box next to Chart type. Scroll down to the Other section and look for the Timeline chart option.
How Do I Create a Timeline in a Document?
Select SmartArt from the Insert tab. Click Process in the Choose a SmartArt Graphic gallery, then double-click a timeline layout. Tip: There are two SmartArt timeline graphics: Basic timeline and Circle Accent Timeline, albeit you can use certainly any process-related SmartArt image.
How Do You Create a Timeline in Google Slides?
- Choose the slide on which you wish to add the timeline. Then select Insert > Diagram.
- From the right sidebar, select the Timeline template.
- Use the Dates and Color drop-down choices to customize your diagram.
Where Can I Make a Timeline?
Adobe Express can be used to create a customizable timeline, giving you the ability to expand your business. Begin with one of the timeline templates, and afterward search through hundreds of photos and icons to add to your design.
How Do I Create a Digital Timeline?
- Begin your design adventure. Navigate to Canva and type “Timeline Infographics” into the search field.
- Consider the time. Create your own timeline from scratch or choose from a library of ready-made templates.
- Examine features.
- Plot and personalize.
- Download and share
How Do You Create a Timeline in PowerPoint?
Select Smart Art from the Insert tab. Choose a timeline layout from the resulting gallery, such as this Basic Timeline in the List section. A text editor appears next to the visual on the slide, allowing you to simply add words to the graphic. Enter the dates and descriptions in the text editor, then press Enter.
Project managers may consider using Google Docs to set up a timeline so that their team and important stakeholders can better visualize the project timetable. Still, as noted before, even with ready-made templates on hand, it’s a time-consuming procedure. Moreover, schedule changes are common once a project goes online, so you’ll need to amend your timeline manually to reflect the actual situation.
- How to Delete a Post on Facebook
- How Do You Block Someone on Facebook 2023, Explained!!!
- How to Edit a Post on Facebook: Step-by-Step Guide
- HOW TO MAKE GIF IN PHOTOSHOP: EASY Guide