Table of Contents Hide
- What Is an Installment Loan?
- How Does an Installment Loan Work?
- Types of Installment Loans
- The Best Installment Loan Lenders
- The Pros of Installment Loans
- The Cons of Installment Loans
- Online Installment Loan
- What Are the Benefits of an Online Installment Loan?
- How to Apply for an Online Installment Loan
- Installment Loan for Bad Credit
- How Does a Bad Credit Installment Loan Work?
- Are There No-Credit-Check Installment Loans?
- What Is the Difference Between a Loan and an Installment Loan?
- Can I Get an Installment Loan With Bad Credit?
- Where Can I Get an Installment Loan Without a Credit Check?
- The Best Bad Credit Installment Loan Lenders
- How Do I Get a Bad Credit Installment Loan Online?
- Personal Installment Loans
- Installment Loans Require a Credit Check?
- Is an Installment Loan the Same as a Personal Loan?
- Can You Have Two Installment Loans at the Same Time?
- Is a Personal Loan Better than an Installment Loan?
- Installment Loan FAQs
- How much money can I borrow from an installment loan?
- What credit score do you need for an installment loan?
- How many installment loans can I have?
- Related Articles
An installment loan is the best option for those who are looking for a solution to their financial problems. This article talks about installment loans and their types of loans, like personal loans, how they work online, and how you can get an installment loan with bad credit.
What Is an Installment Loan?
Installment loans are loans that are fixed for the borrower to pay back at a specific time. When a borrower gets an installment loan, it is given to him or her immediately. When paying back the loan, the borrower also has to pay the interest rate attached to the loan.
Installment loans are closed-ended credit accounts, also called installment loans. The loan is paid in the same amount throughout the loan’s long term until it is repaid with interest. The loan is like a traditional loan, such as a mortgage loan, auto loan, personal loan, etc.
How Does an Installment Loan Work?
When taking out an installment loan, there is an agreement set for the borrower so that when paying back the loan, they will know the conditions, like the amount to pay. It might be weekly, monthly, or annually, depending on the agreement. When paying off the debt, you also pay off the interest and other necessary payments.
When getting an installment loan, you do not have to own the loan when paying. If you pay on time as per the agreement of the loan, it improves your credit score. To get an installment loan, you need to know this step, which is
- You have to check your credit score or ask for a copy of your credit score to know where you stand. If your credit score is good, you are good to go, and you just have to maintain a good score. If it is bad, don’t go for it. When you have a good credit score, you should always check it to know about your credit score. You can check your credit score with the annual credit report, credit-wise, FICO, VantageScore, e.t.c., and it is free to access without any harm to your credit score.
- You will fill in the application form correctly and sign for your quick and huge loan.
Types of Installment Loans
In knowing that the types of installment loans differ in their loan interest rates, repayment terms, e.t.c. Here are the types of installment loans;
#1. Auto Loans
This type of loan has a fixed interest rate and allows the borrower to use the loan to secure a car loan. It’s used to secure a used or new one. Its payment term is a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 7 years.
#2. Mortgages Loans
This loan is used to secure or buy a house, and its payment period is from 15 to 30 years, depending on the mortgage loan.
#3. Personal Loans
This loan does not have a specific purpose for what you will use it for. The loan is sometimes secured or not secured.
The Best Installment Loan Lenders
Here are the best loan lenders that will help you achieve your purpose. They are;
- The “Upgrade” is the best installment loan overall.
- For low credit score records, the “Upstart”.
- For a low monthly payment, the “Avant” is good at doing that.
- On-time payment rewards the “Marcus by Goldman Sachs”.
- For peer-to-peer lending the “LendingClub”.
- For debt consolidation, the “Payoff”.
- For an excellent credit score, the “LightStream”.
- For a good credit score the “Best Egg”.
- Best for low-interest rates the “SoFi”.
- For best installment loans for bad credit, “BadCreditLoans” is good at doing that.
The Pros of Installment Loans
Getting an installment loan has benefits that come with it. Here are some of the benefits of the loan.
- It has the benefit of giving the borrower the money quickly and covering many expenses.
- In getting the loan, it enables the borrower to budget easily so as to know the amount of money that will solve the problem.
- One of the best benefits of the loan is that you can get a chance to refinance, which can lower your interest rate and improve your credit score, which should be maintained.
The Cons of Installment Loans
Here are the cons of installment loans that borrowers should take note of;
- One of the cons of the loan is that it charges a fixed interest rate that is higher depending on the loan.
- Another one is its long-term payment which might make the borrower not meet the agreement and face penalties.
Online Installment Loan
These are online lenders that manage and do the process of installment loans online. It is quicker and easier to apply online, with the flexibility of paying the loan back depending on the loan.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Installment Loan?
- It is convenient because you can do it in the privacy and comfort of your home.
- It is competitive in its rates due to the many lenders online. Like the RISE, Advance America, etc.
- Its process of application is easier and faster to do than traditional loans. It will take much of your time highest 15 minutes.
- When paying your debt, you have to pay as agreed or on time.
- You can pay back the loan over an extra period of time, like 3 to 36 months with multiple payments.
- Once the lender approves the loan, you will get the money as soon as possible in business days.
How to Apply for an Online Installment Loan
In getting an installment loan, you just need to know the steps that will guide you;
The loan is easy and quick to do.
- Go online in search of an installment loan lender and electronically fill out the form with your personal information.
- Show the lender your credit score to calculate and see if you are qualified for the loan.
- The loan is given to you immediately or on the next business day with its agreement.
Installment Loan for Bad Credit
Some individuals who still want to get an installment loan but have a low credit score can get a bad credit loan. That is, bad credit installment loans are personal loans that are specifically for people with low credit scores, or no credit history. Some lenders can do this loan online too. The loan can be secured or not secured. That is, if it is secured, you will provide collateral for the loan. And if it is not, there is no collateral for the loan.
How Does a Bad Credit Installment Loan Work?
Bad credit loans are just like installment loans. The difference is that
- They have a very high-interest rate, and it is a fixed rate that is paid to the end of the loan.
- Their payment term is a fixed time that can be from a few months to several years.
- They give you the money quickly once you are liable with its cash from a few hundred to thousands of dollars.
- You have to find lenders with bad credit loans and fill out the application with its necessary requirement such as:
- About your full name.
- The proof of your identity and your social security number.
- Records of your credit score and your age.
Are There No-Credit-Check Installment Loans?
There are financial institutions that are willing to provide long-term installment loans without performing a hard inquiry on the borrower’s credit rating. It is important to keep in mind, however, that receiving finance from a lender who does not examine your credit is not a good choice in most cases. Lenders are unable to evaluate your creditworthiness or your capacity to repay without running credit checks. Consumers should proceed with extreme caution when dealing with no-credit-check lenders, despite the fact that these companies may market themselves as alternatives to traditional sources of emergency cash, such as payday loans and auto title loans.
What Is the Difference Between a Loan and an Installment Loan?
Personal loans are just one form of an installment loan, but an installment loan can refer to any sort of loan that is repaid in equal installments over the course of an extended period of time. This distinction is what distinguishes an installment loan from a personal loan. Installment loans are the most common type of loan for consumer purchases like cars, homes, and other types of real estate.
Can I Get an Installment Loan With Bad Credit?
At OppLoans, we adhere to the philosophy that each and every borrower possesses the potential for a more prosperous monetary future. Even if you have poor credit, there is still hope for you. When deciding whether or not to make a loan offer, OppLoans considers factors such as your employment or income status, your position with other lenders, and your track record of making payments on time.
Where Can I Get an Installment Loan Without a Credit Check?
OppLoans does not conduct a rigorous inquiry into a customer’s credit history with any of the three main credit agencies. Instead, we work with a credit agency that, in the process of providing us with your credit history, will not negatively impact your FICO score.
The Best Bad Credit Installment Loan Lenders
They are lenders that help individuals get their loans and fulfill their purposes, which are the best bad credit loan lenders that will help you achieve that. They are;
- Loans with credit-building tools. They are the “Universal credit”.
- Loans for debt consolidation. They are the “Upgrade”.
- Loans for borrowers with low credit score records. They are the “Upstart”.
- Loans for secure or co-sign bad credit installment loans. They are “Onemain Financial”.
- Loans with fast funding. They are the “lending point”.
- Loans with no credit score requirement. They are the “Oportun”.
- Loans that are to build savings are the “Seedfi Borrow& Grow Personal Loan”.
How Do I Get a Bad Credit Installment Loan Online?
Some individuals want to get a bad credit loan in the privacy and comfort of their homes. Here are steps to get a bad credit installment loan online. They are;
- First, you have to get your credit score history. The credit score should be at least a good one. You have to submit it to the lender so as to calculate and determine the kind of interest rate, payment terms, and loan amount for you.
- Before you can apply for a loan, you have to check if you can pay up or meet the agreement terms. Check your income and expense records to see if you can meet the agreement.
- You can pre-qualify for a loan by showing the lender your credit score and income. You can seek loans from many lenders when you are pre-qualified and it will not affect your credit score. You can use that medium to get your best offer or loan.
- Once you have found the best offer from any of the lenders, then you have to apply by filling in the necessary information and submitting some special documents ( for personal loans).
Personal Installment Loans
Personal installment loans help borrowers get an additional loan in a short time to cover their numerous expenses. A personal loan is a type of installment loan. Personal installment loans are the best option because they cover your expenses.
Your personal installment loans can be for an unexpected medical bill, car or home repairs, e.t.c., with payment terms, interest rates, and other charges depending on the personal loan and agreement.
Installment Loans Require a Credit Check?
The majority of lenders who offer installment loans conduct credit checks. You may be able to pre-qualify for certain online installment loans, which won’t have an impact on your credit score; nevertheless, once you apply for the loan, the majority of lenders will conduct a hard credit inquiry.
When a lender checks your credit, they are trying to determine whether they can trust you to repay the loan. Some lenders with high-interest rates provide loans with no credit check, which can indicate that they will lend to you without evaluating whether or not you will be able to pay back the loan.
Is an Installment Loan the Same as a Personal Loan?
Installment loans fall into the category of personal loans. Personal loans are frequently utilized for the purpose of consolidating existing debt, making sizable purchases, or covering unforeseen costs such as medical bills, car repairs, or house repairs. When you take out a personal loan, you borrow a large sum of money all at once and make repayments on the loan over a period of time using predetermined, consistent payments.
Can You Have Two Installment Loans at the Same Time?
It is possible for you to have two installment loans at the same time, regardless of whether the loans come from the same lender or from two distinct lenders. You will be able to obtain a personal loan, for instance, even if you already have a mortgage, provided that you satisfy the regular approval standards. This is because mortgages are considered secured loans. The specific policies differ from lender to lender.
Is a Personal Loan Better than an Installment Loan?
A personal installment loan is one option to consider if, for instance, you want to eliminate a significant portion of your existing debt. When compared to other types of loans, the interest rate on personal loans is often lower. A personal loan with a single payment is another option. With this type of loan, you borrow a large sum of money all at once and then make the repayment all at once, typically including the interest.
An installment loan helps you cover a few of your expenses. When getting a loan, find a lender that can give you a lower interest rate. That is, your credit score should be good. If it is not good and you make many inquiries, it can affect your credit score.
An installment loan can cover your expenses and loan you a huge amount of money, ranging from $50 to $5,000 with flexible payment terms depending on the installment loan. There are no penalties for making an early payment on an installment loan. Once you pay off the loan, the account will be closed permanently.
Installment Loan FAQs
How much money can I borrow from an installment loan?
You can borrow from an installment loan from $50 to $5,000 depending on your state law and ability to pay back.
What credit score do you need for an installment loan?
To maintain a good credit score when applying for an installment loan, you have to be making payments early, and your credit score should be at or above 580 to get a good loan.
How many installment loans can I have?
It is possible for you to have two installment loans at the same time, like (a mortgage and an auto loan, whether they are from the same lender or from different lenders. But to avoid penalties if you can’t pay the debt, it is better to have one unless you can meet the agreement of both.
- Personal Loans vs. Other Lending Options
- CONSUMER LOANS: Definition, Types & Rates
- IRS INTEREST RATES: THE CALCULATION & IRS INTEREST RATES UPDATED!!!
- CONSUMER CREDIT: Meaning, Types, Pros, and Cons
- Revenue Recognition Principle (GAAP) and The New Revised Principle
- BEHAVIORAL FINANCE: Meaning, Examples & Guide
- JUMBO MORTGAGE LIMIT: Jumbo Mortgage Limit 2023