Table of Contents Hide
- What is an Office Christmas Party All About?
- How Often Does an Office Christmas Party Hold in a Year?
- What to Consider When Planning an Office Christmas Party?
- How Do You Spice up an Office Christmas Party?
- Fun Office Christmas Party Ideas
- Possible Games Ideas for an Office Christmas Party
- How Important Is the Office Christmas Party?
Office Christmas party ideas are needed whenever the Christmas festive period is fast approaching. Even when think you totally forget, the colorful light blinking around is a reminder that it is time to prepare for one. Of course, these lights come white, red, green, and even blue beautifully put in place. Everyone loves holidays and Christmas is one holiday season everyone looks forward to seeing. Employees are not left out of this exhilarating period. While some are busy making a list of parties to attend, and preparing a shopping list, others are busy making plans on the exact party ideas they will incorporate.
This means office Christmas party Ideas should be duly considered because of the numerous benefits it holds and adequate planning, should be given to it. The aim of an office Christmas party idea is to give employees memories they will cherish dearly.
It is indeed a period where people are celebrated for their impact and possible contributions over the year. It is in fact a holiday season where one can decide to spend time with loved ones partying of course. Also, there is hardly any deadline to meet; rather, it is purely a lively fun-filled period. Perhaps the most interesting thing for Employees spread across various offices is the Christmas Party ideas organized for them.
What is an Office Christmas Party All About?
An office Christmas party is a get-together organized by organizations to celebrate their success over the year. It involves a lot of fun-filled ideas specifically put together to make employees feel valued and appreciated. These ideas of course in turn make the employee’s time out memorable. An organization can decide to do without one but it denies employees the privilege of oneness and building bonds. Therefore, it is advisable to start making plans for this year’s Office Christmas Party Ideas now.
How Often Does an Office Christmas Party Hold in a Year?
The office Christmas party comes once a year, usually towards the end of the year
This explains why adequate preparation should be given in drawing up office Christmas party ideas. The office Christmas party must inculcate thrilling ideas that engage people. These Christmas party ideas must also build relationships.
What to Consider When Planning an Office Christmas Party?
There are a couple of things to consider when planning an office Christmas party. They are things that can make Christmas get together lose their spark when overlooked.
One should consider the following:
- Planning team: Decide whether your Office Christmas Party ideas will be handled by some of the staff or an event manager.
- Date: The exact day the event will hold
- Venue: This could be the. Office environment or a more pronounced place such as a restaurant, event hall, guest house e.t.c This also decides whether the office Christmas party ideas would be indoors or outdoors.
- Decorations: The hallmark of Christmas is also visible in the colorful display of green, red, and white colors. Trees with ornaments dangling around them in addition to the big guy on the red-Santa Clause.
- Food: Decides what kinds of meals will be served. It can be a three-course meal that includes all kinds of snacks.
- Drinks: Consider the varieties of drinks available
- Possible gifts: Close attention will be employed here. This is because it is memorable and reminds employees of the day their organization celebrated them. There should be something for everyone.
- Moderators: You can have one of your employees serve as the anchor of the day’s event.
- Invitations: Make sure everyone gets an IV. The IV for the Office Christmas party idea can be a hard copy fancy card. It can also be sent to employees by mail. You can include an RSVP feedback to the IV. These will help the organization keep a record of the number of expected guests and then work with it. However, ensure it gets to everyone possibly with their names on it, and in time too.
- Games: Parties are incomplete and boring without games. What is a time out without fun? It will definitely be dry.
How Do You Spice up an Office Christmas Party?
While making plans for your office Christmas party ideas, ensure you add activities that will make the event memorable.
Fun Office Christmas Party Ideas
Parties are enjoyable when they are full of fun. There are no rules regarding the types of games or activities that will brighten things up.
Are you thinking of hosting an Office Christmas Party For your firm? These office Christmas party ideas will spice up your firm’s event ensuring it is memorable, engaging, and interesting.
#1. Office Carol
This involves having a carol session at the Office Christmas Party. Some of the employees can volunteer to be lead soloists and others will gladly sing along to the ancient Christmas songs.
#2. Raffle Draws
A raffle is given to everyone that comes to the event. And additional tickets to two sets of persons. Those who volunteer in one thing or the other and people who emerge winners try the day’s games.
Before the end of the day, someone goes with the star. However, it will be nice if everyone goes with something, irrespective of what it is. This builds memories.
#3. How Well Do You Know Your Colleagues?
This category suggests writing the names of employees on a piece of paper and then placing it in a box. The box is then swung in different directions and employees nominate someone from each department to represent them. The person in turn picks two or three names and then tells everyone what they know about the other person.
#4. Christmas Carnival
Christmas carnival is an office christmas party idea that involves every employee representing diverse cultures in society. It is an outdoor event that involves loads of fun-filled activities. Ranging from a colorful atmosphere with Christmas decorations, fun parks, as well as food stalls. Carnival is a whirl of fun and excitement, as it entails employees coming with their loved ones. Of course, it also involves carol, drama, dancing as well as diverse food. The Christmas festive color will also be visibly seen at every corner.
#5. Charity Christmas
This office christmas party idea is a give-back to social activity.
Employees can come with anything they don’t use anymore. The organization appoints people to divide these gifts into smaller sets and then assign a place to visit. Of course, the organization or firm will also provide gifts too. Then on the exact date, each team visits the community assigned to them and then meets together to talk about the outcome.
#6. Movie Night
The firm or organizations can also include a movie night in their office christmas party ideas.
It technically means there is a slot for one or two film shows added to the activities of the day. There is also no fast rule guiding this, as the idea of the office christmas party is to celebrate and appreciate employees.
This is another means of getting people excited. Games are exhilarating and help to create bonds among people.
It is a good way of making sure people are interacting with one another. It is a must whenever one desires to draft a good office Christmas party ideas plan.
You can consider adding the following games to your list of office Christmas party ideas.
Possible Games Ideas for an Office Christmas Party
- Decorate the tree: To do this, you will have to provide mini Christmas trees. You will also provide ornaments for its decorations. Such as elf,balls,light,candles, candy canes, Santa,e.t.c
Then you split participants into groups. Each group should get the Christmas tree standing within a given time. Then the best team wins.
- Holiday photo booth: This office Christmas Party idea includes different photo booth stands. The photo booth stand must involve Christmas memes. The memes can include Santa, elves, angels, shepherds e.t.c
- Sing along with the Karaoke: Here, Christmas sounds can be played and two or more persons volunteer to sing the songs.
- Rip the Tree: To play this game, you need to blindfold the participants. Each of them will receive cut green cards of various shapes. The participants are to build a Christmas tree, by feeling the green cards.
- Carol competition: you can get the employees to form little groups. Each group is to sing carol songs. To make it more astounding, you can decide on the exact songs. Then, the best group wins.
- Ringdeer: This is a ring toss game. Each participant receives rings and will have to hang the ring by tossing it from a standpoint.
Possible Gifts For Raffle Draws
- Christmas gift hampers: Basically we find this in every season store.
- Food coupons: A night out for two at a fancy restaurants
- Additional incentive: A possible 10 percent increase in paycheck
- Box of chocolate: Everyone loves chocolate. Different brands of chocolate can be put in a box and then neatly wrapped.
- Bath Towel: A new bath towel at the end of the year is amazing. It is a perfect gift for your office Christmas party ideas
- Bath rope: Imagining starting the new year with a new bath rope, the feeling is awesome.
- OTT Subscription: Christmas is a holiday period. Free Netflix Subscription sounds out of the world. It enables a family to spend time together of course with loads of snacks
- Customized diary: A new diary customized with the firm’s Logo, is a perfect way to begin the new year. Consider adding this to your list of possible gifts for your Office Christmas Party. Everyone who loves to planning or having things organized will not thank you enough.
- Ear pod: People love to reflect or meditate because it helps them to be at the top of their games. Ear pods are an amazing gift because they separate you from the world at large.
- Customized mug: Coffee mug, customized with the Company’s name, is perfect for your office Christmas party gift ideas
- Free spa treatments: Imagine a thorough massage at a renowned Spa. The Employee will definitely thank you forever.
- Coffee maker: A sizable coffee maker, possibly an office table size.
- Pen: This can also be given to everyone who attends the office Christmas Party.
- Coffee warmer: This should be a stand-by for coffee lovers. Because, one can get carried away while working, allowing the coffee to get cold.
- iPad pack: You can equally consider adding a customized iPad pack to your office Christmas party ideas.
- Desk Organizer: A small box that keeps things in place is also a very good gift to consider while drafting an office Christmas party idea.
- Bluetooth speaker: Music is love, a Bluetooth speaker is perfect for an in-house mini party.
How Important Is the Office Christmas Party?
The answer is very important. Remember, it is not about you, your brand, or the organization. It is all about your employees. Everyone loves to be celebrated, people love to be relieved of duty once in a while. And an Office Christmas Party is an amazing way to bring your employees together. It also helps people to get familiar with one another.
Of course, hosting an Office Christmas Party is an amazing way to end the year and begin the holiday. It is also an annual event and should therefore be incorporated into every company’s plans. It also creates a platform for employees to build relationships.
- 5 Easiest Things You Can do to earn extra cash for Christmas [with guide]
- HOLIDAY OVERTIME PAY: How is it & What it Means
- 3 Fun Ideas for a Company Holiday Party
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Best Free and Paid Options In 2022