Table of Contents Hide
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For: Background
- Factors That Make Fortune 100 Companies Great Places to Work
- How to Land a Job at a Fortune 100 Company
- Here are some of the Fortune 100 companies that are consistently ranked among the best places to work:
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For:
- Related Articles
Working for a Fortune 100 company is a dream for many people. These companies offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement. They also have a strong commitment to employee satisfaction, which is why they are consistently ranked among the best places to work. So to help you make career decisions clearer, this article will cover the Fortune 100 best companies to work for. We will discuss the factors that make these companies so great, and we will provide tips on how to land a job at one of them.
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For: Background
The Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For is an annual ranking of the 100 best companies to work for in the United States, published by Fortune magazine. The ranking is based on a survey of employees, who are asked to rate their company on a variety of factors, including job satisfaction, compensation, benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
The Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list was first published in 1998. The list was created by Fortune magazine in collaboration with Great Place to Work, a research and consulting firm that specializes in employee engagement and workplace culture.
The list is one of the most prestigious awards in the business world. It is a coveted recognition for companies that are committed to creating a positive and productive work environment for their employees based on a variety of factors, including:
- Employee engagement: This is measured by asking employees how satisfied they are with their jobs, their managers, and their company overall.
- Compensation and benefits: This includes factors such as pay, health insurance, and retirement plans.
- Opportunities for advancement: This measures how easy it is for employees to move up the corporate ladder.
- Work-life balance: This measures how well the company supports employees’ personal lives.
- Diversity and inclusion: This measures how well the company embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list is also a valuable resource for job seekers. It can help you identify companies that are committed to creating a positive and productive work environment. If you are looking for a job, you should consider applying to companies that are on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list.
Factors That Make Fortune 100 Companies Great Places to Work
There are many factors that make Fortune 100 companies great places to work. Here are a few of the most important:
- Competitive salaries: Fortune 100 companies typically pay their employees well. This is one of the main reasons why people want to work for them.
- Comprehensive benefits: Fortune 100 companies offer their employees a comprehensive benefits package. This includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plans, and paid time off.
- Opportunities for advancement: Fortune 100 companies offer their employees many opportunities for advancement. This is because they are constantly growing and expanding.
- Strong commitment to employee satisfaction: Fortune 100 companies are committed to employee satisfaction. They do this by providing their employees with a positive work environment, opportunities for growth, and competitive salaries and benefits.
How to Land a Job at a Fortune 100 Company
If you are interested in working for a Fortune 100 company, there are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting hired. Here are a few tips:
- Do your research: Before you apply for any jobs, take some time to research the companies you are interested in. This will help you to understand what they do, what their culture is like, and what they are looking for in employees.
- Network with people who work at Fortune 100 companies: One of the best ways to get your foot in the door at a Fortune 100 company is to network with people who already work there. Attend industry events, connect with people on LinkedIn, and reach out to friends and family members who may have connections.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter to each company: When you apply for jobs at Fortune 100 companies, it is important to tailor your resume and cover letter to each company. This will show the hiring manager that you are interested in the specific company and that you have taken the time to learn about them.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your skills and experience: When you interview for a job at a Fortune 100 company, be prepared to answer questions about your skills and experience. The hiring manager will want to know how your skills and experience can benefit the company.
If you are willing to put in the work, then you can land a job at a Fortune 100 company. These companies offer great opportunities for both personal and professional growth.
Here are some of the Fortune 100 companies that are consistently ranked among the best places to work:
- Google: Google is known for its innovative culture and its commitment to employee satisfaction. The company offers its employees a variety of perks, including on-site gyms, free meals, and unlimited vacation days.
- Microsoft: Microsoft is another company that is known for its great work environment. The company offers its employees a variety of benefits, including competitive salaries, comprehensive health insurance, and generous paid time off.
- Apple: Apple is a company that is known for its high standards. The company expects its employees to be the best of the best, and it rewards them accordingly. Apple employees enjoy competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
- Amazon: Amazon is a company that is known for its fast-paced and results-oriented culture. The company offers its employees a variety of perks, including stock options, flexible work arrangements, and paid parental leave.
- Facebook: Facebook is a company that is known for its fun and casual culture. The company offers its employees a variety of perks, including on-site gyms, free meals, and unlimited vacation days.
For the past 30 years, Great Place To Work® has surveyed employees all over the world about their workplace experiences. They’ve created a set of themes and metrics that predict not only whether employees like their workplace, but also retention, agility, and overall business success.
They measure the core of what they know creates great workplaces using the proprietary Trust IndexTM survey—key behaviors that drive trust in management, connection with colleagues, and loyalty to the company.
Employees can share confidential quantitative and qualitative feedback about their organization’s culture by answering 60 statements on a five-point scale and two open-ended questions in the survey.
Read Also: WHAT ARE FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES: Top Rated by Country & States
Furthermore, employees reveal whether leaders are approachable, communicate honestly and clearly, and whether their actions correspond to their words. Also, they express whether they are respected as individuals and whether they receive training benefits, appreciation, well-being support, and opportunities to contribute. They tell them if they believe their company is fair in terms of pay, profits, promotions, recognition, favoritism, and opportunities. They reveal if they are proud of their work, team, and company and if they believe they are making a difference, and that their work is meaningful.
List rankings are based on employee feedback, which is analyzed to determine how widely this experience is shared among the entire workforce. Great Place To Work assesses the quality and consistency of the employee experience by comparing survey responses across demographic groups and roles within each organization. Statements are weighted based on their importance in describing the most important aspects of a fair workplace.
The best companies create great work experiences for their part-time employees on the front lines, for those who have just joined and those who have spent their entire career there, for every race and ethnicity, gender, neurotype, or other demographic in the organization – all come under a microscope. Companies with the most employees who report a positive work environment receive the highest rankings on lists.
Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For:
|4||Wegmans Food Markets|
|13||Power Home Remodeling|
|15||Capital One Financial|
|19||World Wide Technology|
|22||David Weekley Homes|
|24||Pinnacle Financial Partners|
|28||Kimley-Horn and Associates|
|29||Veterans United Home Loans|
|32||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|33||Camden Property Trust|
|35||Cadence Design Systems|
|37||Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants|
|41||Modern Technology Solutions|
|43||New American Funding|
|44||Bain & Co.|
|46||Alston & Bird|
|47||The Cheesecake Factory|
|53||Navy Federal Credit Union|
|55||Total Quality Logistics|
|59||First American Financial|
|61||Baptist Health South Florida|
|63||Bank of America|
|64||Robert Half International|
|65||The Breakers Palm Beach|
|66||Texas Health Resources|
|70||Mutual of Omaha|
|72||Blue Shield of California|
|81||Discover Financial Services|
|83||Panda Restaurant Group|
|88||DHL Express U.S.|
|90||PCL Construction Enterprises|
|91||Publix Super Markets|
|92||Brightview Senior Living|
|99||Tri Pointe Homes|