Table of Contents Hide
- What are Urgent Loans?
- Best Applications for Urgent Loans
- Quick Overview of the Best Urgent Loans and Emergency Loans for Bad Credit
- Best Urgent Loans for Bad Credit in the United States in 2023
- #1. Viva Payday Loans – The Best Overall Urgent Loans for People With Bad Credit
- #2. Low Credit Finance – Best for Same-Day Emergency Loans
- #3. Heart Paydays – The Best Pandemic Urgent Loans for People With Bad Credit
- #4. Green Dollar Loans – Best for Bad Credit Urgent Loans
- #5. Big Buck Loans – Best option for same-day emergency loans.
- Do You Have Bad Credit and Need an Emergency Loan?
- Comparing Bad Credit Emergency Loan Lenders
- How to Get an Emergency Loan If You Have bad Credit
- Where Can You Get an Emergency Loan With Bad Credit?
- Will an Emergency Loan Have an Effect on My Credit Score?
- How Quickly Can I Obtain an Urgent Loan?
- Is It Possible to Obtain an Urgent Loan With No Credit Check?
- Are Alternatives to Urgent Loans Available?
An emergency loan can help you pay for a car repair, a medical bill, or any other unanticipated expense. Fortunately, you do not need excellent or great credit to obtain this type of loan. With a poor or fair credit score, you can be approved for a variety of emergency loans. Let’s look at how emergency loans work and how to get urgent loans with bad credit.
What are Urgent Loans?
An urgent loan is a personal loan taken out to cover an urgent expense. Urgent loans are frequently unsecured, which means that the lender will use your personal information, such as credit, income, and other debts, to decide whether or not to offer you a loan and at what interest rate.
Emergency loans have annual percentage rates ranging from 6% to 36% and loan amounts ranging from $1,000 to $100,000. Lenders typically require a minimum credit score and a maximum debt-to-income ratio for this type of loan. Some lenders provide secured, co-signed, or joint loans that may be easier to qualify for.
Even in an emergency, taking the time to compare personal loans and potentially cheaper options can help you save money and avoid harmful lenders who harm your credit and finances.
Best Applications for Urgent Loans
Though lenders may inquire as to why you are borrowing, there are few constraints on how you can spend the funds from an unsecured loan. Medical or dental bills are examples of emergencies that can be paid for with a personal loan.
- Home improvements.
- Car maintenance.
- Bills following a loss of income.
- Unexpected travel costs.
- Slam Dunk Loans.
Quick Overview of the Best Urgent Loans and Emergency Loans for Bad Credit
- Viva Payday Loans – The Best Overall Urgent Loans For People With Bad Credit
- Low Credit Finance – Ideal For Urgent Needs Loans on the Same Day
- Heart Paydays – Best Pandemic Urgent Loans For Bad Credit
- Green Dollar Loans – The Best Option For Urgent Loans Bad Credit
- Big Buck Loans – The Best Option For Same-Day Urgent Loans
Best Urgent Loans for Bad Credit in the United States in 2023
#1. Viva Payday Loans – The Best Overall Urgent Loans for People With Bad Credit
Viva Payday Loans connects individuals seeking urgent loans for bad credit with potential lenders in the United States. A bad credit score is one of the most urgent barriers to obtaining emergency funds, but Viva Payday Loans almost completely disregards it. Furthermore, their shift to an online application process allows people to borrow much more easily.
In times of need, their urgent loans for bad credit can assist you with amounts ranging from $100 to $5,000.
While most lenders charge their customers high-interest rates, the APRs on urgent loans from them range only from 5.99% to 35.99%. Viva Payday Loans has earned a reputation for providing exceptional customer service. You can contact them at any time, and they will respond to your questions right away.
Requirements for Eligibility
- You must be at least 18 years old and a US citizen.
- Has a permanent address in the United States and a monthly income of more than $1,000
- Active checking or savings account that allows direct deposit
- Considers loan applications from people with any credit score.
- Eligible borrowers can receive funds the same day in their bank account.
- Excellent customer service is available seven days a week.
- Services are not available in some states.
#2. Low Credit Finance – Best for Same-Day Emergency Loans
Low Credit Finance assists people in obtaining emergency same-day loans of up to $5,000 for as long as they require. Money obtained through them enables loan applicants to pay for unexpected expenses with ease. Their partner lenders are well-known for making same-day instant decisions and transferring approved funds to the borrower’s account in less than 60 minutes.
Low Credit Finance makes it simple to obtain emergency same-day loans. All you have to do is go to their website and submit an online request for up to $5,000. Because all lenders in their network are licensed and based in the United States, there is very little risk of falling for traps or scams when using their services.
Requirements for Eligibility
- US citizens over the age of 18
- Proof of identity and address
- Personal account in the United States that accepts direct deposit
- A monthly income of at least $1,000 is required.
- A large network of reputable lenders based in the United States, as well as alternative options
- There is no paperwork involved in this entirely online process.
- Borrowers receive their loan approval on the same day.
- Individuals seeking emergency loans of more than $5,000 are not eligible.
#3. Heart Paydays – The Best Pandemic Urgent Loans for People With Bad Credit
Heart Paydays acts as a trustworthy intermediary between people looking for pandemic urgent loans for bad credit and lenders who can meet their needs. It is best known for providing emergency cash to people experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the pandemic. Pandemic urgent loans for bad credit are available at competitive rates to all credit borrowers.
The application process for a pandemic urgent loan for bad credit from them takes only three steps.
The first step is to provide your basic information and credit requirements. You should hear from a lender soon. Following the completion of the proposal, the lender will approve your application and transfer funds to your account within 24 hours. It should be noted that interest rates may vary depending on the lender’s policies, but they will fall between 5.99% and 35.99%.
- Residents and citizens of the United States over the age of 18
- Identity verification
- Proof of income demonstrating a monthly income of at least $1,000
- Borrowers must have a bank account in the United States.
- Loan approval times are shorter than competitors.
- Individuals with any credit score are eligible to apply for funds.
- Several repayment options are available at the borrower’s discretion.
- It is not a direct lender.
#4. Green Dollar Loans – Best for Bad Credit Urgent Loans
Green Dollar Loans connects borrowers in need of bad credit emergency loans with lenders and lending partners in their network. They can provide you with financial assistance ranging from $100 to $5,000. You have several options for repaying your loan with flexible repayment plans.
Individuals with poor credit have the same opportunities as those with good credit when it comes to obtaining urgent loans and bad credit through Green Dollar Loans. They use a simple three-step lending process to help everyone get emergency funds quickly. They work tirelessly to provide the best possible customer experience.
Requirements for Eligibility
- The borrower must be an American citizen with a permanent address in the United States and must be at least 18 years old.
- A savings or checking account in an American bank is required.
- A monthly income of at least $1,000
- A paperless online service for obtaining urgent loans
- Individuals in the United States with any credit score may submit a request.
- Within minutes of submitting a request, relevant quotes are sent.
- Borrowers’ personal information may be shared with third parties.
#5. Big Buck Loans – Best option for same-day emergency loans.
Big Buck Loans is an online platform that can assist you in obtaining same-day emergency loans from some of the most reputable lenders in the United States. Not only do these lenders make funding decisions in minutes, but they also disburse approved funds on the same day.
While many lenders still require borrowers to submit various documents, Big Buck Loans employs cutting-edge technology to eliminate all paperwork. Big Buck Loans ensures that its certified lending partners provide you with funds in less than 24 hours, whether you need a same day emergency loan for $100, $5,000, or any amount in between. Although interest rates differ from borrower to borrower, they are not higher than their counterparts.
- Individuals over the age of 18 who are US residents with a valid ID and proof of address
- An active bank account that allows direct deposit
- Monthly earnings of more than $1,000
- Individuals with bad credit can also obtain urgent loans on the same day.
- The lending process is simple and quick.
- Borrowers are given repayment terms that are flexible.
- Every loan application is not guaranteed to be approved.
Do You Have Bad Credit and Need an Emergency Loan?
Even if you have bad credit, you can still get an emergency loan. Rather, you’ll need to demonstrate that you have enough income to repay the loan, as measured by your debt-to-income ratio. Furthermore, your credit reports must show that whatever caused your bad credit score has been resolved (e.g., you are not delinquent on any of your loans and have resolved any tax liens or other judgments).
If your credit problems have not been resolved or you do not have enough income to repay the loan on your own, you may want to consider applying for an emergency loan with a co-applicant. This is because you will be able to qualify using your co-good applicant’s credit history rather than your own. If you choose this option, make sure to repay the loan or your relationship with your co-applicant will suffer. Remember that delinquencies will have an impact on their credit scores.
Comparing Bad Credit Emergency Loan Lenders
Some of the most important factors to consider when considering an emergency loan are the loan’s cost, the terms available, and how quickly you can apply and get funded. When comparing emergency loan lenders for bad credit, some of the most important factors to consider are:
- How much will the emergency loan cost: The cost of an emergency loan is made up of the interest rate and the fees you must pay to obtain the loan. The APR, or annual percentage rate, of a loan is the sum of these two costs. As a result, when comparing lenders, the APR is the most useful cost to consider.
- What loan terms are available: Before choosing a lender, ensure it offers the repayment terms you need. Shorter repayment terms will result in higher payments because you will pay off the loan faster. This means you’ll end up paying less in interest over time. Choose a lender with the shortest repayment term you can comfortably afford.
- When you can apply and receive funding: It’s also critical to consider how simple it is to apply for the loan and how quickly you’ll be funded. These two factors are frequently linked because lenders who provide an easy online application process may also provide quick funding. Many of the best lenders provide approval within minutes and funding within one to three business days (sometimes even the same day).
How to Get an Emergency Loan If You Have bad Credit
Gather your personally identifiable information (e.g., Social Security Number, date of birth, address), income information, and details about the funding you require before applying for an emergency loan (e.g., loan amount and purpose). This will simplify the application process because lenders will require this information.
You’ll usually submit a preliminary application with basic information to see if you qualify, which won’t affect your credit if the lender uses a soft credit check. The lender will tell you if you qualify and what interest rates and terms you might be able to get. You will proceed with the full application if the rates and terms are acceptable to you. A hard credit inquiry will be conducted, affecting your credit scores, and you may be required to provide additional documentation, such as pay stubs or bank statements.
If your loan application is approved, you must review and accept the final loan terms. The lender will then send you the funds in the manner specified in your application, such as depositing the funds into your checking account or making direct payments to your creditors. Finally, you’ll need to create an account through an online portal or mobile app in order to manage your loan.
Where Can You Get an Emergency Loan With Bad Credit?
Emergency loans for bad credit are available from a variety of lenders, including:
- Online Lenders
- Credit cooperatives
- Traditional financial institutions
- Companies that issue credit cards (cash advance)
- Family and friends
- Payday loan companies
Remember that just because a borrowing option is available does not imply that it is a good one. Cash advances on credit cards, for example, are notoriously expensive and may harm your credit score by increasing your credit utilization rate.
It’s also a good idea to avoid payday and title loans as much as possible. According to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), the average 2-week payday loan has an APR of nearly 400%.
Will an Emergency Loan Have an Effect on My Credit Score?
Some emergency loans will have an impact on your credit score, while others will not. If a lender does not report your account to the credit bureaus, the loan will have no effect on your credit score—unless you default and a collection agency later adds the bad debt to your credit reports. If a lender does share your account information with credit bureaus, that’s a different story.
Account information is commonly reported to credit bureaus by banks, credit unions, and online lenders. Payday lenders and title lenders, on the other hand, almost never do.
When a lender reports an emergency loan to the credit bureaus, your management of the account determines whether it helps or hurts your credit score. If you pay on time, the account may help your credit score in the long run. However, if you make late payments or go past due on your debt, that urgent loan could actually harm your credit score.
How Quickly Can I Obtain an Urgent Loan?
Many lenders provide qualified borrowers with quick funding. Some personal loan providers may even deposit funds into your bank account on the same day you are approved for financing.
Loan funding, on the other hand, can take several days or even a few weeks. Certain lenders may take longer than others to process your loan application or release your funds. There’s also a chance that the funds deposited by a lender into your account will be held by your personal bank or credit union for a few days before you can access them.
Is It Possible to Obtain an Urgent Loan With No Credit Check?
Although some lenders do offer credit-check-free loans, they are not recommended. Such lenders (such as payday loan lenders) are typically regarded as predatory, with high origination fees, high APRs, and other fees. They may appear to be a welcome opportunity in an emergency, but proceed with extreme caution. Not only are these loans expensive, but you may become trapped in a payday borrowing cycle that is difficult to break.
Are Alternatives to Urgent Loans Available?
Alternatives to urgent loans include negotiating hardship payment plans with your creditors or requesting a paycheck advance from your employer. If none of these options work for you, you may be able to obtain a cash advance from your credit card company (be cautious, as these are costly) or a payday alternative loan (PAL) of $200 to $1,000 from a credit union. PALs may be a good option because they must be repaid within one to six months and have an APR of no more than 28%.
Because of technological advancements, obtaining a loan is much easier than it was a few years ago. When it comes to urgent loans, online lenders have now streamlined and made the entire process paperless. Simply put, the emergence of online lenders has made meeting your emergency financial needs easier than ever.
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY WORK FOR YOU: Easy Ways to Make Your Money Work for You
- UNEMPLOYMENT PAYDAY LOAN: Can Unemployed People Get Payday Loans?
- Best online payday loans: Top 10 companies in 2022
- Personal Finance: Basics, Importance, Types, Management ( + Free Softwares)
- HOW TO GROW YOUR MONEY FASTER & SAFELY: Smart Tips to Follow in 2023