Table of Contents Hide
- Debt Consolidation Loans
- Debt Consolidation for Bad Credit UK
- Government Debt Consolidation Loans
- Best Debt Consolidation Companies
- Best Debt Consolidation Loans
- Best Debt Consolidation Loans For Bad Credit
- Debt Consolidation Loan Calculator
- How can I get out of debt without paying?
- Does the government offer debt consolidation loans?
- Does a debt consolidation loan really work?
- Related Article
Making minimum credit card payments is more difficult and time-consuming than consolidating debt with a low-interest loan. This guide to the best debt consolidation loans explains loans for bad credit in the UK, for the government, even the best companies for them, and also the debt loan calculator.
Debt Consolidation Loans
Debt consolidation is the process of obtaining a new loan to pay off existing liabilities and consumer debts. Multiple debts are a combination of larger liability into a single one; such as a loan, with more favorable repayment terms, such as a lower interest rate, a lower monthly payment, or a combination of the two. Debt consolidation can thus be useful to resolve student loan debt, credit card debt, and other liabilities.
Consolidating your debts into a single loan with a lower interest rate and a shorter repayment period saves you money and time. This is often in succession through the use of a debt consolidation loan; but there are other solutions available depending on your particular circumstances. For more detailed information, you can visit our topic on debt consolidation.
Different Types of Debt Consolidation
The two primary types of debt consolidation loans are secured and unsecured debt consolidation loans. Secured loans are loans that are backed by an asset owned by the borrower, such as a home or a car. Therefore the asset, in turn, serves as security for the loan.
On the other hand, unsecured loans are not secured by any assets, making them more difficult to get. Additionally, they provide higher borrowing rates and have fewer eligibility conditions.
Advantages to Debt Consolidation
- Debt consolidation loans: To get these loans, they are through an online lender, credit union, or bank, provide a large quantity of money in order to consolidate multiple debts into a single monthly payment.
- Balance transfer credit cards: This option transfers credit card debt to a balance transfer credit card that charges no interest for a promotional period of 12 to 18 months.
- home equity loan: If you own your home, you may be able to obtain a loan to pay off your other debts, but if you fall behind on payments, you risk losing your home.
- Retirement account Loan: If you have a savings account or an employer-sponsored retirement plan, you may also be able to utilize some of it to repay your debts. The disadvantages are that you will have less money for retirement and that you will be subject to fines and taxes if you are unable to repay the loan.
- Debt management plan: This option consolidates many debts into a single monthly payment at a lower interest rate than most credit cards or loans, but it typically comes with initial and ongoing costs, and repayment can take three to five years.
Debt Consolidation for Bad Credit UK
You’re still battling to pay off debts and keep up with monthly payments. Our useful information may help you learn more about bad credit debt consolidation loans in the UK. Below are the benefits of loans on the debt consolidation for bad credit in the UK.
#1. Aids in Money Management
Planning your personal financial flow can be difficult if you have multiple credit accounts open. In talking about debt consolidation loan for bad credit UK, you must also ensure that your current account has enough funds to cover a variety of repayment dates throughout the month. Hence this form of loan requires only one monthly payment agreed upon by all parties.
#2. You’ll Know When you’re Debt-free!
However, credit cards, shop cards, and overdrafts are not synonymous. If you merely pay the minimum on these accounts, you may find that paying them off takes considerably longer than expected.
If you have a £1,500 overdraft with a 19.9% EAR and live in it (like 2 million Britons), you will pay £22.54 monthly or £270.48 annually to cover it. Paying off your credit card, store card, and overdraft debt could take years if you only pay the minimum monthly.
A debt consolidation loan has thus an expiration date for bad credit in the UK – a deadline for full repayment. You’ll be fine as long as you use the loan funds to repay all existing debtors. In addition, if you immediately return all previous lenders with the loan proceeds, the date you are completely debt-free is the final payback date.
#3. A Single Interest Rate
In debt consolidation loan for bad credit in the UK, managing your credit cards, overdrafts, and personal loans is difficult right now. You must also pay monthly fees whether or not you use the amenities. And also its interest rates and fees fluctuate according to the amount borrowed and whether payments are made on time. Thus, borrowers who use this form of a credit to consolidate debt just have to know one interest rate.
#4. Our Debt Consolidation Loans are Not Secured.
Debt consolidation loans for bad credit in the UK, that are obtained through Little Loan’s lender panel do not secure personal property (all of whom are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority). Hence, borrowers who own their own homes, rent, or live with their parents may apply if they can afford the repayments.
Government Debt Consolidation Loans
If you’re having trouble paying back your student debts, federal debt consolidation programs may help. A government debt consolidation loan, on the other hand, are the type of loans that allows a government program or agency to help borrowers settle several debts. In most situations, the debtor hence effectively surrenders all present debts to the government entity, which pays them and issues a new loan for the remaining balance plus the interest.
You’ll consolidate many loans into a single new loan with a new interest rate and payment terms if you use government debt consolidation programs. You’ll be able to keep track of your loan payments more easily if you only have one check to write each month. Student loan consolidation programs may also help you pay off your debt faster by extending repayment terms and giving you more options. If your student loan interest rates were variable, government debt consolidation programs can fix them, giving you more stability and possibly lowering your monthly payment.
One disadvantage of government debt consolidation loans programs is that you may lose out on bonuses such as rebates, interest rate reductions, or loan cancellation when consolidating your past obligations.
How Do Government Debt Consolidation Loans Works?
For this type of loans, a government agency or debt consolidation company pays all bill collectors. If the borrower defaults on a payment or in some other way, the consolidator provides a new loan for the same amount with a set interest rate. These terms and conditions are usually in acceptance by both parties.
Some people benefit from government debt consolidation loans schemes but not all. If you’re having trouble paying your student loans, talk to a debt counselor who can help you figure out how to reduce your burden.
Best Debt Consolidation Companies
In talking of debt consolidation loans, there are companies that are in recognition to be consolidators of debt. Below are them.
#1. National Debt Relief-(Best Overall)
National Debt Relief is a New York-based debt settlement firm created in 2008. The company is one of the nation’s largest consumer debt consolidation companies.
Highlights of Lender
- Debt to solve: Business debt, credit card debt, lines of credit, medical debt, personal loans, educational debt, and unsecured debt were all resolved.
- Fees are 15% to 25% of the enrolled debt.
- Platinum accreditations: AFCC and IAPDA Platinum
- BBB Rating: A+
The Best Features
- A simple phone call is required to join the service.
- The firm pays back student and business loans.
To help people get started, National Debt Relief offers a free debt counseling consultation. Like other debt consolidation companies; this one requires you to set aside a certain amount of money each month in a separate account. As for coordinating with creditors, National Debt Relief does so for you.
#2. Pacific Debt Inc. -(Best for Flexible Program Length)
Pacific Debt Inc. has settled over $300 million in debt since 2002. The San Diego organization is among companies that offer debt consolidation services nationwide.
Highlights of Lender
- Debts such as credit cards and medical bills have been paid off.
- Fees range from 15% to 25% of the total enrollment..
- AFCC and IAPDA gold certifications
- BBB Rating: A+
The Best Features
- The company accepts unsecured debts.
- Debts are usually repaid in 24 to 48 months.
#3. DMB Financial- (Best for Customer Service)
DMB Financial is a Massachusetts-based debt consolidation company among other companies. The firm has helped over 30,000 clients settle over $1 billion in debt.
Highlights of Lender
- Unsecured debt is the most commonly paid.
- Unknown charge
- AFCC and IAPDA gold certifications
- BBB Rating: A+
The Best Features
- It takes 36-48 months to repay a debt.
- The Better Business Bureau gives it an A+ rating.
DMB Financial claims that their method can help you get out of debt in 36-48 months. Despite specializing in unsecured loans, DMB Financial as one of the companies in debt consolidation, claims to be uniquely able to assist consumers with high-interest credit card debt. A single monthly contribution into a savings account is possible using one of its schemes.
#4. Freedom Debt Relief- (Best for Top Accreditation)
Freedom Debt Relief is one of the companies in California-based debt consolidation company. Since 2002, the organization has repaid nearly $10 billion in debt.
Highlights of Lender
- Credit cards, medical bills, and unsecured loans were all paid.
- Fee: 15% to 25% of total settled
- Platinum Awards: AFCC and IAPDA
- BBB grading: B-
The Best Features
- AFC and IAPDA support Freedom Debt Relief.
- Debts are usually repaid in two to four years.
It starts with a free appointment with a trained debt counselor; who can help customers assess their debts and financial goals. As one of the companies offering debt consolidation loans, Also one of their distinguishing features is participation. Once you’ve signed up for a debt settlement program and started paying; you’ll get a client dashboard to track your progress.
Best Debt Consolidation Loans
Credit card debt can be paid off with debt consolidation loans. You may save money if your new loan has a cheaper interest rate than your old one.
#1. Payoff -(Best For Fair Credit)
Those looking to consolidate credit card debt can use Payoff to find lenders eager to help. Payoff Lending Partners offers low-interest loans as low as 5.99%. The maximum loan amount is $40,000. Borrowers will also get a free monthly FICO Score update.
- If you meet all other criteria, you can borrow with good credit (as low as 640).
- There are a few extra charges. These loans have no application, prepayment, late, or annual fees.
- You can get your rate online by checking your credit.
#2. LightStream -(Best Rate)
SunTrust’s internet lending division is called LightStream. LightStream offers debt consolidation personal loans as low as 5.93 percent (with autopay). Rates vary based on loan amount and length.
If you meet the lender’s conditions, you could get a $100,000 loan. With no fees, LightStream may be an economical way to consolidate existing high-interest loans.
- Enrolling in autopay can qualify you for debt consolidation loans as low as 5.93%.
- No extra charges.
- LightStream will beat any other lender’s qualifying rate (restrictions apply)
#3. Avant -(Best For Bad Credit)
Avant offers personal loans to qualifying customers through WebBank. Their personal loans may be an excellent option for people with bad credit and a steady income. The interest rate varies from 9.95 to 35.99 percent. That’s a bit pricey linked to other lenders’ APR ranges. Those with bad credit might also save money by choosing an Avant personal loan over high-interest choices like credit cards.
- Paying in advance has no penalties.
- Avant performs a light credit inquiry when you initially see your loan prices and terms.
- This simple software lets you manage your account on the go.
- Avant charges up to 4.75 percent in admin fees. Late fines and penalties for non-payment may also apply.
Most suitable applicants need a 600-700 score. Your credit score and income are also factored into whether or not you qualify for a loan; and how much you can borrow. Immediate verification of your name, occupation, income, and bank account may be required.
#4. Best Egg -(Best Customer Reviews)
In addition to personal loans for debt consolidation, Best Egg also connects clients to business loans. This year the platform has funded around 630,000 loans. (through Cross River Bank).
Best Egg offers fixed-rate loans as low as 5.99%. Those that meet the criteria may receive up to $35,000 Best Egg has an A+ rating with the BBB. Customers give the company a 4.91 out of 5-star rating on the BBB. 1
- Even with a perfect credit score (640+), you may not get the best rates.
- Best Egg allows you to have two loans open at once.
- A credit check is done when you verify your loan rate.
#5. Marcus -(Best For Good Credit)
Goldman Sachs’ Marcus division offers high-yield savings accounts and personal loans. This service is free, and loans up to $40,000 are available.
The APR ranges from 6.99 to 19.99 percent. You can also modify your due date if the default one is uncomfortable.
- The cheap APR starts at 6.99 percent for good credit.
- No fees, not even for late payments.
- You can pre-qualify before applying.
- Autopay is offered.
- Personal loan customers often have credit scores of 660 or above, which is the minimum acceptable score.
- Payback period: 36-72 months
- You’ll get your money in 1–4 business days
#6. Wells Fargo -(Best Bank)
Customers can apply for a loan in person at any of the bank’s 5,200 branches. In a large bank, candidates with good credit can benefit from flexible repayment options; starting at 12 months and competitive rates starting at 5.74 percent.
- The money will be available the next working day.
- The maximum loan amount is high.
- Loan rates can be lowered.
- The minimal credit score is 670.
- You must also enroll in autopay with a Wells Fargo bank account to qualify for the rate savings.
- 12–84 month repayment term
- The funds will be received the next day.
#7. Rocket Loans -(Best For Funding)
Bad credit borrowers may appreciate Rocket Loans’ same-day funding and reasonable rate; which start at 5.97 percent with autopay and include an origination charge. A soft credit draws from the Quicken family of firms can prequalify for loans.
- Fast finance is available.
- Examine the first-rate without jeopardizing your credit.
- Those with bad credit can use this option.
- A minimum credit score is 580.
- They must also be US citizens or permanent residents, and of legal age in their state.
- 36 or 60-month repayment
- Time to receive funds: Same day funding is available
Best Debt Consolidation Loans For Bad Credit
In obtaining a debt consolidation loan even if you have poor credit, there are additional efforts that you can do to increase your chances of acceptance which include the following:
- Check your credit reports for errors. If you make errors, your score may be reduced. To begin, obtain a free copy of your credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus. Then, one by one, go over each record. Notify the credit bureau of any mistakes you discover on your credit report.
- Prequalify with a number of different lenders. Prequalification has no effect on your credit score in most cases (always ask your lender to confirm, though). Prequalification enables you to determine whether a lender will offer you a loan.
- Consider acquiring a secured loan or custodial account. If you’re having trouble getting a loan approved, you may want to consider secured loans (loans that need collateral) or obtaining a cosigner. If you undertake one (or both) of these things, you may find it easier to receive approval for a debt consolidation loan.
Debt Consolidation Loan Calculator
This calculator can assist you in determining whether debt consolidation is the right option for you. The calculator will advise you on the most effective method of debt consolidation and will calculate the amount of money you would save by taking out a debt consolidation loan.
How Do I Operate The Debt Consolidation Calculator Appropriately?
Step 1: Enter the balances, interest rates, and monthly payments for your current unsecured debt, including credit cards, personal loans, and payday loans.
Secured debt, such as car loans or low-interest school loans, is excluded from this computation. There are more efficient ways to manage your finances.
After clicking “I’m finished,” evaluate the calculator’s output, which is based on the values you entered:
- The total balance refers to the sum of all your debts or the total amount owed.
- The combined interest rate: This is the average weighted interest rate for all the debts entered into the calculator.
- Monthly payment total: The total amount you pay each month toward these debts, including interest.
- When will you be debt-free? The time it will take you to become debt-free based on your current balance and monthly payments.
Step 2: Select your credit score range to analyze your debt consolidation options, which may include personal loans. You’ll discover common annual percentage rate ranges provided by lenders, as well as options for poor credit.
Direct payment to creditors Lenders however direct the proceeds of your loan directly to your creditors, simplifying the debt repayment process. Drag the sliders below the table to enter an estimated rate and loan duration (in years) for the new loan.
Step 3: Evaluate your current debts in comparison to the new debt consolidation loan.
Debt consolidation makes sense when your new total payment is less than your current total payment and you save money on interest.
How can I get out of debt without paying?
Seek expert assistance: Contact a non-profit credit counseling group for assistance in developing a debt management strategy. Each month, you’ll make a specific payment to the agency toward each of your bills. The firm will negotiate a lower bill or interest rate on your behalf, and in rare cases, can even get your debt canceled.
Does the government offer debt consolidation loans?
Consolidation of most federal loans, including Direct, Stafford, and Perkins loans, is available through Direct Consolidation. If you employ government debt consolidation programs, you’ll consolidate many loans into a single new loan with a new interest rate and payment terms
Does a debt consolidation loan really work?
Consolidating your debts into a single loan with a lower interest rate and a shorter repayment period saves you money and time. This is often in succession through the use of a debt consolidation loan, but there are other solutions available depending on your particular circumstances.
- DEBT CONSOLIDATION Explained!!! Definition Best Practices (+ quick tools)
- DEBT RATIO: Definition, Formula and Calculations Explained
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT: Definition and Introduction Business Management Degrees
- Fast Business Loans: The Top Best 2021 UK Options & How-To Guide
- BUSINESS LOANS FOR WOMEN: Best 10+ Startup, Government and Minority Options (Updated)
- BEST DEBT RELIEF COMPANIES: Top Best Debt Relief Companies