Table of Contents Hide
- What is Web Conferencing
- Why Have Web Conferences?
- What is Another Name for Web Conferencing?
- Web Meeting Services
- Functions of Web Conferencing
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Web Conferencing
- Web Conferencing Software
- Best Web Conferencing Software
- Is Zoom Considered Web Conferencing?
- Web Conferencing Sites
- Related articles
With the way things are going in the world today and the way technology is taking over, it’s very safe to admit that virtual meetings are here to stay forever unless things change. If you are currently working remotely, then you are not a stranger to web conferencing. But, if you are not familiar with it, then remain calm. In this article, I shall unveil all you need to know about web conferencing, the top, and best software to use, the sites, and the advantages and disadvantages. Now let’s do a quick refresher on what web conferencing entails before we move on to the things you need to know. let’s go!
What is Web Conferencing
It refers to an online platform that allows you to make and hold live training, meetings, presentations, and seminars through the Internet using IP or TC connections. It is usually used to connect people from different parts of the world or from different locations either by computer speakers, telephones, etc. Overall, it is an online meeting that is carried out from any location by two or more people.
In addition, it has provided and is still providing so many people, especially business personnel with the ability to host online events, conferences, seminars, and a lot more in the comforts of their homes. It provides webinars and website solutions. Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and Telegram are all part of the best conferencing software.
Why Have Web Conferences?
- It provides a means through which students are able to identify and develop their relationships with different people at a long distance.
- Helps develop communication skills through online meetings with more exposed people.
- It is an effective way of disseminating information to groups and participants over a wide geographic area.
- It is a means to include people from remote areas.
- Creates competence.
What is Another Name for Web Conferencing?
Web conferencing is used as the term for so many types of online conferencing and other services involving webinars and online meetings.
Web Meeting Services
Webmeetings services are basically known as web conference meetings, eMeetings, online web meetings, and Online conferences. Overall, It is an audio or video conferencing solution that joins every other service into just one online meeting service. Additionally, it includes and provides users with the option to record videos with a webcam, chat, meetings, etc.
Forms of Web Conferencing
- Web meetings: it is an online platform where participants share videos, documents, chat tools, and photos. Web meetings are virtual meetings where people get to share a whole lot of ideas.
- Webcast: there is little or no form of interaction between people. It is an online conference that is usually compared to a Television broadcast.
- Online collaboration: Enhances teamwork and team projects carried out effectively. It helps participants view shared documents to help them to collaborate on modifications that can be done in real-time during the organization’s online collaboration.
- Online presentations: It is an online meeting where participants are allowed to log in to the ongoing meeting and are given access to make their points of view.
- Webinars: in this platform, webinar attendees are given the opportunity to ask their questions while the sharing of important documents is carried out by the host.
Functions of Web Conferencing
It is a variety of ways through which online meetings are held, and attended by participants without being in the exact place. Below are the functions that you may find very helpful in finding out how online web meetings can help you execute your tutorials and learning goals.
- It is used to share web-based content and is also used as a way for solving business problems online.
- Help people from all parts of the world with each other through the use of internet connections.
- Allows people to take a proper record from the session of meetings held for review or for participants who could not make the initial time fixed by the host.
- Through online web meetings, online classes are held. It not only allows students to hear the host but also enables them to interact and ask questions. Additionally, it also enables students to work on a group assignment and project.
Features of Web Conferencing
Online web meetings are a popular technology among companies increasing every day because it makes online meetings across different locations easy and fast. Need to connect with people virtually? Need to make your meetings effective and efficient? Then, you need to be aware of these features below. It will help you in every way.
- Mobile App
- One-click meetings
- HD Audio or Video
- Collaboration tools
- Surveys and polls
- Screen sharing
- Meeting recording
- In meetings chat
- Flexibility pricing options
- Instant calling
- Easy invites
- Co browsing
- Ability to go private
- website, file sharing, and HTML slides
Advantages and Disadvantages of Web Conferencing
Web conferencing is a broad term that defines the different types of online services such as webcasts, business meetings, and webinars held online. The different types of web conferencing have proven to be very essential and helpful to the world at large. It has advantages and disadvantages you must understand to make use of it effectively.
Understanding the advantages and the disadvantages of online web meetings allows you to gain an in-depth knowledge of why software solutions are so valid and make you more prepared for some of the challenges you are going to face using them
Web conferencing has benefited most individuals and organizations with the ability to meet online in the comfort of their homes regardless of the locations. These are some of the advantages you need to know and how they have increased and given access to most organizations to carry out their primary assignments.
- Decreases long-term costs: You won’t need to pay for a trip to any location for a meeting to be carried out. Web conferencing helps to reduce travel expenses and other minor expenses made when traveling. Companies and employees save more annually by using web conferencing software for meetings
- Create a better work and life balance for everybody: It saves time and gives people to carry out their own life functions and achieve their goals even while working. Happy employees are usually productive and have no reason to quit their jobs which increases the longevity of their jobs.
- It saves time and cost.
- It makes scheduling meetings easier to attend.
- Helps build relationships and trust even without a face to face interaction
- Increase a high rate of communication and collaboration.
- It bridges the constraints of physical location.
- Gone are those days when people have to enroll and pay for on-site instructors, with the best online web software you have access to host or join online training events, business meetings, and webinars even without having to cover any travel and accommodation expenses.
- Improves team collaboration.
- Streamlines review processes for clients and participants.
- Removes geographical limitations.
- Help in improving social learning experiences for students and every other participant.
- Lack of face-to-face interaction which can sometimes be more comprehensive and understandable.
- Increases social isolation. It remotes working models which also contributes to feelings of isolation from people. It doesn’t give room for the close monitoring of employees the way it should be in normal working settings.
- Lack of real-world contact and exposure.
- Increased network connectivity problem. Sometimes network can be so bad that some employees don’t get to get the real message they ought to get when they are interacting in a face-to-face meeting. It can be so problematic between some time zones.
- It is less human and personal.
Web Conferencing Software
Web conferencing software is an application that allows you to carry out transactions, meetings, and events online with two or more people. The top and best web conferencing software has made lives easy and has never been exhaustive as it is in the world today and invoked by all participants in online meetings. In essence, it offers you the capacity to talk with eLearning and development teams. To reap the reward of online web meetings, It is very crucial to find the tool that suits your needs.
Best Web Conferencing Software
Web conferencing software enables communication for both audio and video meetings online with the use of the Internet. It also helps participants from a long distance have online meetings in a single forum without coming together physically. These are the best software applications and there are:
- Google meet
- Facebook live
- Microsoft Teams
- Google Hangouts
- Zoho meeting
- TrueConf Online
Is Zoom Considered Web Conferencing?
According to research, Zoom is the most popular web conferencing solution and one of the most used sites by every organization with more than five hundred staff or fewer. It is basically a platform that different people and organizations use for meetings, webinars, meetings recording, live chat and also used for audio conferencing.
Zoom meetings are meetings hosted using Zoom, giving access to attendees to join either in person or through phone and webcam. In addition, Zoom meetings are the foundation of Zoom. It gives access to attendees without even having a Zoom account.
How to Get Ready Using Zoom
- First and foremost choose the proper plan for your team.
- The second step you must take is to get the Zoom application downloaded on your phone.
- Make sure to sync Zoom to your calendar.
- Fix a Zoom meeting for other participants to join.
Safe Tips for Using Zoom
- Make sure you record every important meeting. Especially, the meetings that involve multiple cross-functional staff members.
- Mute yourself when you are not saying anything. This is a crucial and basic rule of having a successful meeting.
- Sync Zoom with Slack for easy web conferencing on the fly.
- Pair your Zoom with the right camera.
- Limit who can share their screen to avoid confusion and the smooth flow of information.
Difference Between Web Conferencing Software and Video Conferencing Software
While web conferencing software refers to real-time communication; between the host and a large number of participants in a virtual form Through web conferencing software information, thoughts, and ideals are shared via your computer(with the use of the internet), video conferencing software is a live connection between two or more remote participants which stipulates a face-to-face meeting and interaction over the internet.
Web Conferencing Sites
Here are the best web conferencing sites used to carry out online meetings and events effectively and these sites are:
- Google Hangouts
- Zoho meeting
- Cisco Webex
- Zoom Video Communication
- Dialpad Meetings
Difference between Web conferencing sites and platforms
It can be used interchangeably. In fact, they contain the same software. Whether you call it the sites or platforms they are both the same. Examples of web conferencing sites or platforms are; google meet, Townscript Live, Zoom, lifesize, skype, cisco Webex, etc
Web conferencing has been valuable in the eLearning industry and has made things for so many people and in every organization because, it enables people from a very far distance with online communication for audio and video meetings with built-in features such as recording, screen sharing, chat, etc. and ways on how to expand their businesses through the internet. In addition, web conferencing saves costs, maximize resources and time, presentations, and schedule meetings.
Top Video Conferencing Platforms In 2023: 10 Best Free Options
ZOOM LOGO: History, Rebranding, Meaning & Invaluable Business Tips
VIDEO CONFERENCING: Meaning, Types & Free Platform