Table of Contents Hide
- Detailed Guide on How To Lock Screen on Youtube
- How Do I Lock The Screen On YouTube Kids App?
- Can I Lock YouTube On My iPhone Mobile?
- Can I Lock My Phone With YouTube Playing?
- Can I keep YouTube playing in the background on other apps?
- Can I Put A Child Lock On YouTube?
- Can I Lock YouTube Screen On a PC?
- In Conclusion
- RELATED ARTICLES:
Welcome to this step-by-step guide on how to lock screen on YouTube.
It can be annoying when we accidentally touch our phone’s screen while watching a YouTube video, and suddenly either the video pauses, or some other action has triggered, like another video is playing.
Also, as a parent with young kids, there are times when you might have given your phone to your kids to watch content made for them. However, upon getting the phone back, there is probably another video playing on YouTube, or you have too many apps open. They could have even rearranged your apps or deleted some. This can get very annoying.
In this article, we will put you through the steps that will allow you to make use of the screen lock feature in your YouTube app. By disabling all on-screen controls, this feature helps prevent accidental skips or pauses while watching videos. We will also discuss how to update your YouTube app so you can get access to the latest features and security fixes.
Detailed Guide on How To Lock Screen on Youtube
How To Lock Screen on Youtube on Android Devices
Are you using an Android device? Just follow these simple steps. They will work on almost any Android device, irrespective of the version installed.
However, given that there is no in-built option available for locking and unlocking YouTube for Android devices, we will be using a third-party app.
Download Touch Blocker
- Launch the Google PlayStore on your Android device.
- Tap on the Search bar at the top of the app and type in Touch blocker.
- The app will have a blue icon with a white lock inside it.
- Once you find the app, now tap on the install button.
- Next, tap on the button that says Open. This will launch the Touch blocker app.
Setup Touch Blocker App
Once you have installed and opened the app, you have to adjust a few settings so it can work properly.
- First, tap on the toggle that says Enable Notifications. This is important so you can easily enable or disable the screen lock when watching YouTube.
- Next, adjust the other settings, such as what you want the app to do when you have incoming phone calls, timely notifications, etc.
- In order to unlock the screen lock, You can also select the toggle that says “Press the lock icon twice to unlock” to unlock the lock screen. You also have the option to disable it from the Notification panel.
To activate the screen lock, open the YouTube app and play your desired video. Then, swipe from the top to open the notifications panel. Simply tap on the Touch blocker notification and the screen lock has now been activated.
That is all you need to know on how to lock screen on YouTube on your Android device.
How to Lock Screen on YouTube on iPhone
Unlike in Android devices where you have to install a third-party app to lock screen on YouTube, thankfully, you do not have to do that for iPhone. iOS comes with a feature called Guided Access that allows this function.
Below are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select the Accessibility option.
- Find and tap on the Guided Access option.
- Tap on the Passcode Settings > Set Guided Access Passcode. You will be asked to enter your passcode twice. Close the Settings app once you have done that.
- Now, launch the YouTube app and play your desired video.
- Press the lock button thrice while the video is playing. If your iPhone has the home button, press the home button thrice.
- A message will pop up on your screen. Tap on Guided Access. This will lock your screen and you can watch YouTube with the screen lock enabled.
To disable your iPhone’s YouTube lock screen, either press the lock button or the home button (if your iPhone has the home button) and enter the passcode that you created earlier for guided access. Doing this will unlock your screen, and you will be able to use the screen like you normally would.
How Do I Lock The Screen On YouTube Kids App?
You can use the Parental Controls feature to lock the screen on the YouTube Kids app. Here are the steps to do so:
- Open the YouTube Kids app and tap your profile icon. This is at the top right of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu and then “Parental Controls.“
- Enter your Google Account password on request and then toggle on “Lock Mode” to enable it.
- You can also create a PIN code from here that you will have to enter every time you want to access or exit Lock Mode or make any changes in settings within this mode. However, this step is optional.
- Your screen will be locked once you’ve completed these steps. You can only access it with a PIN code if you created one during setup.
Can I Lock YouTube On My iPhone Mobile?
Yes, you can lock YouTube on your iPhone to prevent unwanted access. To do this, you will need to use the Screen Time feature. Here are the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select “Screen Time”.
- Click on “Content & Privacy Restrictions” and enter a passcode if the system prompts you to do so.
- Select “Allowed Apps” from the list of options and tap the toggle switch next to YouTube to turn it off (it should be gray when locked).
- If you want more control over what content is available, you can also select “App Limits” and specify age-appropriate limits for YouTube or any other apps that you would like to restrict access to.
If you need further assistance with locking YouTube on your iPhone mobile, please reach out for additional help via Apple’s support page at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209986
Can I Lock My Phone With YouTube Playing?
Yes, you can lock your phone while YouTube is playing by following the steps below:
- Open YouTube on your device and start playing the video that you want to keep playing while the device is locked.
- On most phones, you can simply press the power button once to lock the screen and this will not interrupt playback. However, if this doesn’t work for your device, then you may need to access your settings menu and enable a setting that permits background apps or media to continue running when the device is locked.
- Once this is enabled, you should be able to press the power button again and still hear audio from YouTube (or other media) even though the screen is locked.
If this does not work for your particular phone model, please consult your manufacturer’s support page for more information on how to enable this feature for your specific device.
Can I keep YouTube playing in the background on other apps?
Here are two methods you can use to play YouTube videos even when your screen is turned off:
YouTube Premium subscription
YouTube Premium allows users to keep playing a video even when the app is minimized or when the screen is turned off. To play YouTube videos in the background using a Premium subscription, follow these steps:
- Launch the YouTube app on Android or iOS smartphones.
- Choose a video you want to watch and start playing it.
- Turn off the screen or switch to another app while the video is playing.
- The video will continue to play in the background, even if you’re not actively using the app.
- If you want to keep watching the video while using other apps, you can also minimize the YouTube app and the video will continue to play in a floating window.
Using a Browser
- Launch the web browser on your smartphone and go to YouTube.com to access the web version of YouTube.
- Search for the video you want to listen to in the background and start playing it.
- Switch to desktop mode and wait for the video to start playing.
- Minimize the browser, which will pause the video.
- If you’re using an Android phone, swipe down the notification panel and tap the “Play” button from the playback notification to resume playback in the background.
These steps should allow you to play YouTube videos in the background on your device without a YouTube Premium subscription.
Why does YouTube app stop playing in the background?
Background play only works in the YouTube mobile apps and requires a YouTube Premium membership. Some videos aren’t available for background play or to download offline, even if you have a channel membership.
Can I Put A Child Lock On YouTube?
Yes, you can put a child lock on YouTube. To do this, you must enable the Restricted Mode setting on YouTube. This will help limit the availability of videos that may contain mature or sensitive content.
Here’s how to enable this setting:
- Go to your account settings on YouTube.
- Select “Restricted Mode” from the list of available settings and turn it “on”
- Enter your Google account password upon request for verification (if applicable).
- Once you have enabled this, all videos flagged as containing questionable content won’t be available for viewing until you log back into your account and manually change the restricted mode settings back to the “off” position.
However, it is important to note that, even with Restricted Mode enabled, there may still be some inappropriate clips that appear in search results or suggested videos due to potential mislabeling by YouTube users or other mistakes made by YouTube algorithms. Therefore, it is important for parents/guardians to stay vigilant when monitoring activity and reviewing viewing history with children regularly if they are using YouTube on their own device(s).
Can I Lock YouTube Screen On a PC?
The short answer is NO!
Browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, and others do not support locking YouTube. This is because there are fewer chances of accidental touches or clicks on PCs, hence locking YouTube is not a priority.
It is possible to lock YouTube screen on Android through third-party apps. And, iPhone users can use the Guided Access feature.
We hope this guide has helped you understand how to lock the screen on YouTube, or even on any other video platform app. If you have any questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.