Table of Contents Hide
- How to use Zoom to Blur Your Background Before a Call
- How to background in iOS and Android
- How Can I Zoom With A Virtual Background?
- How to Use Zoom During a Meeting to Blur Your Background
- How to Change the Background Picture for Zoom
- What to do if Your Background Blur Doesn’t Appear
- Added Factors to Consider When Optimizing Your Zoom Calls
- How to Blur Backgrounds in Zoom On Windows 10 or a Mac
- Guidelines for Using Zoom’s Background Blur
- How Do I Blur the Background on My Phone?
- How Do You Blur a Picture?
- Which App is Best for Blurring Backgrounds?
- Where is the Blur Option in the Camera?
- Which iPhone has a blurry background?
- How Do You Blur on WhatsApp?
- Related Articles
Blurring your background in Zoom is a great way to protect your privacy and keep your meetings professional. It can also help reduce distractions and focus the attention of your audience on you.
There are two ways to blur your background in Zoom: using a virtual background or using the background blur feature.
- Virtual backgrounds: Virtual backgrounds allow you to replace your real background with a custom image or video. This is a great option if you want to hide your messy office or create a more professional setting.
- Background blur: The background blur feature blurs your real background so that it is out of focus. This is a good option if you want to keep your background visible but don’t want it to be too distracting.
In this article, we will show you how to use both the virtual background and background blur features in Zoom. We will also discuss some troubleshooting tips if you are having trouble with either feature.
How to use Zoom to Blur Your Background Before a Call
For Windows, Mac OS, and Linux-based devices
Follow these instructions to make sure the background blur is enabled on a Windows, macOS, or Linux device:
- Launch the Zoom app and ensure that you are logged in.
- Click on Settings under your profile symbol.
- Select Backgrounds and Effects.
- Select Blur from the Virtual Backgrounds menu.
- By just choosing this, it is saved so that you will see it on your subsequent call.
- Test your background by starting a New Meeting to see how the zoomed background appears in real-time.
How to background in iOS and Android
Log in to the Zoom app on your phone. Tap the More option in the controls below the screen during a Zoom conference. Choose a virtual background (Android) or a background with Filters (iOS). Select Blur from the list. The hazy background will disguise your surroundings.
Make sure your mobile app is up-to-date, that you have the necessary hardware, and that you have checked the CPU generation of the device if you do not have the Blur option.
For iOS and Android
Use a blurred background to your maximum advantage, even on the road or when your laptop decides it’s time for an update right before you start a meeting.
- Launch the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap More in the bottom right-hand corner after entering a meeting.
- Tap Background & Effects on an iOS device or Virtual Background on an Android device.
- Select Blur, and you’re done!
How Can I Zoom With A Virtual Background?
Open the Zoom desktop client and log in. On your screen, in the top right corner, just below your profile picture, select the Settings button. Select Backgrounds & Effects from the menu. Check if you have a physical green screen setup. To select your favorite virtual background, click the picture or video. To further modify, select studio effects as well.
How to Use Zoom During a Meeting to Blur Your Background
Even after a meeting or online event has begun, your background can be blurred.
- Select Blur My Background by clicking the upward-pointing arrow next to Start/Stop Video in the bottom-left corner of the video window.
- Remember that if you blur your background, it will remain that way for all future meetings.
- Return to your profile photo > Settings > Backgrounds & Effects > None to turn off the blurred Zoom backdrop at any time.
How to Change the Background Picture for Zoom
The steps for blurring your background are the same as for selecting a background picture before or during a Zoom meeting:
- From the meeting’s main screen, select Start/Stop Video by clicking the caret.
- Select the virtual background by clicking.
- Choose the background you want, or use the + sign to add an image or video of your choice as the background.
What to do if Your Background Blur Doesn’t Appear
- For certain accounts, the Blur background choice simply doesn’t appear right away.
- Make sure you have the newest Zoom version for a simple repair.
- Select Check for Updates from the drop-down menu next to your profile photo.
- While this should work, some users claim they had to restart their device for the backdrop to work.
- If all fails, ensure your computer satisfies Zoom’s recommended system requirements.
Be aware: It takes some time for a blurred background to load. Similar to another virtual backdrop. As a result, when you go from one Zoom meeting to another, a pop-up window may appear asking you if you want to continue the meeting without the background or wait for it to load. Restart the meeting if the virtual or hazy background takes too long to load.
- Do not use a zoom that makes sections of you blurry.
Let’s be honest. You might appear… different against a zoomed-out background. Primarily because you can blur certain aspects of yourself!
To avoid appearing hazy or having your face partially obscured by the virtual background:
- Check to see if your camera is in focus.
- Clean your camera’s lens frequently.
- As much as you can, make sure your skin, clothes, and hair stand out significantly from the background.
Added Factors to Consider When Optimizing Your Zoom Calls
A perfect call requires more than simply the ideal atmosphere. A high-quality Zoom call also depends on factors like appearance, the call’s format, meeting introductions, chat management, and background noise cancellation.
How to Blur Backgrounds in Zoom On Windows 10 or a Mac
The procedures are the same whether you’re using a Mac or a Windows machine. Before your Zoom call from your PC, blur your background as follows. Open Zoom and log in using your credentials.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner.
- Select Backgrounds & Filters from the Settings menu.
What Happens if the Background Blur Doesn’t Work
The simplest solution might be to upgrade the client if the Background Blur option is not accessible on a Zoom app instance. If the Virtual Backgrounds option is missing from the settings, Zoom also advises checking out of the account and back in to update the settings.
By viewing their profile image and selecting the “Check for Updates” option, users may see if the Zoom client has received any changes. It’s worth verifying the system requirements listed by Zoom here if updating doesn’t work. Zoom’s virtual background settings may be challenging for older computers or operating systems.
Notably, some users may discover that, like another virtual background, the blurred background choice takes some time to load. Users can resume the conference to speed it up if the virtual or blurry background in the meeting takes too long to load.
Guidelines for Using Zoom’s Background Blur
People who want to protect their privacy frequently choose Zoom’s blur backdrop option. In some meetings, though, it might not appear like the most professional choice because fuzzier colors and forms can be more distracting than a straightforward virtual image.
Before beginning a meeting on Zoom, users may want to test out the virtual background and blurred background settings to ensure the service loads smoothly. For the background blur solution to be successful in meetings, here are some more fast tips:
- To aid Zoom in recognizing the contour of your body or face, check the camera’s focus.
- Clean the lens of the camera to get rid of any distracting dust or smudges.
- Make sure your background has a lot of contrast.
How Do I Blur the Background on My Phone?
The majority of current Android and iPhone smartphones include cameras and camera applications that support portrait mode. The background is blurred in portrait mode because the depth effect software is used to keep the subject in focus while blurring the background.
How Do You Blur a Picture?
- Activate Google Photos.
- To open the image in its entirety, choose a portrait-style photo.
- Choose the Edit icon.
- In the lower menu, choose Adjust (you might have to scroll left or right to see it).
- Choose Blur.
- Click and drag the ruled line (default value is 0).
Which App is Best for Blurring Backgrounds?
The best free background blurring app is Fotor. Advanced picture-editing features, including background removal, HSL, photo blur removal, and more, are available.
On the other hand, for blurring the background of a photo on an iPhone, try Phocus’s Blur Photo Editor app.
Where is the Blur Option in the Camera?
One lens parameter that contributes to such background blur is the aperture. However, the available aperture settings vary depending on the lens. Ideally, you should use a lens with at least an f/2.8 aperture to get a blurred background. Even greater blur will be available at lower f-numbers.
Which iPhone has a blurry background?
The iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus all have it.
How Do You Blur on WhatsApp?
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of WhatsApp to reveal the Control Center while you are on a video call.
- Tap on Effects.
- Tap the Portrait icon to activate it. Your face will remain focused, and your WhatsApp background will be blurred.
Blurring your background during Zoom meetings is always a smart move, whether you need to temporarily shift your office location or simply want to safeguard the privacy of your personal area. But occasionally, you must abruptly change video communication tools or reopen a connection. You can then encounter some unforeseen background errors.
- HOW TO BLUR THE BACKGROUND IN PHOTOSHOP IN 6 EASY STEPS
- How to Make Text Bigger on iPhone: Detailed Guide
- How to Delete Background in Photoshop: Fast & Easy Methods
- HOW TO REMOVE A BACKGROUND IN CANVA: Easy & Free Methods