Table of Contents Hide
- What is a LinkedIn URL?
- What is an example of a LinkedIn URL?
- How to Get Your LinkedIn URL
- Where to Find LinkedIn URL on Android App
- How do I copy my LinkedIn URL from my iPhone app?
- What is a LinkedIn ID?
- How do I find my LinkedIn ID?
- How to change your LinkedIn URL
- How do I change my LinkedIn URL on the mobile app?
- How do I put my LinkedIn profile on my resume?
- How do I share your LinkedIn profile link?
- Related Articles:
LinkedIn features everything you need for a professional social network, from job searches to sharing ideas to interacting with businesses and coworkers. With 875 million users already registered worldwide, the platform is playing a bigger role in helping you develop your brand on LinkedIn and grow your career. Additionally, you can share your public LinkedIn profile with others by using your LinkedIn URL.
In our comprehensive guide below, learn all you need to do to set up your LinkedIn URL.
A LinkedIn URL is a customizable link that makes it easy for other people to discover your LinkedIn profile. Some professionals list their LinkedIn URLs on their websites, brochures, business cards, and other materials.
Note that in your profile settings, you can only change your URL if you have a public profile.
Every URL on LinkedIn begins with https://www.linkedin.com/in/, your name, and a set of numeric characters (user ID), which you automatically receive when you access your LinkedIn profile for the first time.
Here’s an example of a default LinkedIn profile URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leo-benson-48a636207/.
#1. Visit LinkedIn’s website and sign in using your username and password.
#2. To access a drop-down menu of options, click the “Me” icon next to your profile photo in the toolbar that spans the top of your home screen.
#3. To see your profile page, click View Profile.
#4. Once your profile has loaded, check the URL bar in your web browser’s top-right corner. It’s your LinkedIn URL there.
Note that all LinkedIn URLs start with https://www.linkedin.com/in/, and your specific username appears after that.
Follow the instructions below to obtain your public profile URL if you’re using an Android device:
- Install LinkedIn from the Google Play Store and sign into your account.
- Click “View Profile” next to your “Profile Picture”.
- Go to the “Contact” section by descending.
- Find your public LinkedIn URL under the “Your Profile” section.
- The URL for LinkedIn begins with www.linkedin.com/in/.
- To share this link with others, copy and paste it wherever you want.
Here’s how to quickly locate your LinkedIn URL if you wish to access it from an iOS mobile device:
- Tap your profile photo and then View Profile from the homepage.
- The Contact area can then be found by scrolling down.
- Find your URL in the Your Profile area after that. The connection needs to begin with www.linkedin.com/in/.
A LinkedIn ID is a special numerical identity given to every LinkedIn member. If you have a LinkedIn account, you ought to have a special identification number for LinkedIn.
Additionally, when linking other apps to your LinkedIn account, your LinkedIn ID number is helpful. When linking Hubspot with LinkedIn, for instance, you will need your LinkedIn ID available if you are utilizing Hubspot for lead creation.
Find your LinkedIn ID by following the six steps listed below:
- Register on LinkedIn.
- Visit the page for your profile. The URL must be in the format https://www.linkedin.com/in/[yourname].
- Visit the source code. Select “Developer” from the “View” tab in Chrome.
- To find “member” on a Mac, type “Command F” into the search bar.
- Your LinkedIn ID is the number directly next to it. As an illustration, use member:23412451 (my LinkedIn ID).
- Viola! Your LinkedIn ID can now be found!
The URL that LinkedIn automatically produces for you based on your name can also be changed; find out how here.
#1. From the LinkedIn homepage, click the Me button in the top-right corner and choose View Profile from the drop-down menu to access your profile page.
#2. Click Edit public profile and URL on the right side of your profile page. A new tab will open as a result.
#3. Your existing URL is mentioned under “Edit your custom URL” on the right side of the new page.
#4. Select the Edit icon, which resembles a pencil, next to the URL you are currently viewing.
#5. Enter a new URL in the field, then click Save to save your modifications. If your chosen handle is not available or you need to select a different one, LinkedIn will notify you.
Note that LinkedIn will show a notice confirming the new URL after it has been approved.
URL to establish or modify your personal public profile:
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Tap on Profile.
- The More icon is located next to the Add Section button.
- Click on Contact Information.
- In the upper right corner, tap the Edit icon.
- Tap on your Profile URL on the Edit Contact Information page.
- You’ll be taken to the page with the public profile options.
- Tap the Edit icon next to your public profile URL under Edit your URL.
- In the text box, enter or modify the final portion of your new personalized public profile URL.
- Click Save.
The following outlines how to link your LinkedIn profile to your resume.
- Edit your LinkedIn URL to include only your name (and, if necessary, your job title): Go to LinkedIn > Me > View Profile in your web browser. Edit your personalized URL as shown above.
- “Copy the URL.”
- Put the URL in the contact section of your CV.
LinkedIn enables you to introduce a member to your connections, locate professional possibilities, and expand your network by sharing profiles.
Follow these instructions to let others see your profile.
On a computer:
#1. Click the Me symbol on your homepage.
#2. Select View profile after that.
#3. Next, under your profile’s introduction section, click the More… option.
#4. From the drop-down menu, choose Send profile in a message. You ought to be taken to the window for new messages.
#5. Enter the names of every connection with whom you wish to share your profile within the window. Additionally, you have the option of adding a message or attaching files.
#6. Finally, press Enter to send.
Note that you can also send someone in your network a link to a LinkedIn user’s profile by going to the profile you wish to share and then following steps 4 through 6.
On a mobile device:
- Tap your profile photo first.
- Select View Profile next.
- On Your Profile, click the Share via… option under the Contact column.
Note that you can then choose to share your profile using the LinkedIn mobile app or any other messaging software that is installed on your smartphone.